PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting

We all know the voice acting in JP is the best but does the NA voice acting come close?

I am curious cause I was wondering if Matoi's NA voice actor can manage to pull off that strange calm and soothing voice pitch that Matoi in JP seems to have. It's just such a soft pitch.

Here's an example for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNF3PHxlh8

I don't think we can definitively say JP voice acting is better.

@Zarozian said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

We all know the voice acting in JP is the best but does the NA voice acting come close?

I am curious cause I was wondering if Matoi's NA voice actor can manage to pull off that strange calm and soothing voice pitch that Matoi in JP seems to have. It's just such a soft pitch.

Enjoy whatever language you want since they got both English and Japanese. I prefer English anything over Japanese because that's my language and it sounds normal to me.

@PhantasyStar369 said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

@Zarozian said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

Enjoy whatever language you want since they got both English and Japanese. I prefer English anything over Japanese because that's my language and it sounds normal to me.

Oooh! They got both? They've made a really good call.

Taking into account this is an anime-like game, the English voices will most likely be bad or simply don't fit.

I mean during boss fights after 8 years in jp i love hearing luther and dragon x they sound amazing. Ill crush you into space dust. I see you struggle in vain.

During my time that I played the Closed Beta, I quite liked the English voice actors that played some of the characters. Some of them were perfect, others.... well, could of been better. Same goes for the Japanese version, however, I will play the English voices due to the fact I am curious on the future VA's for later characters down the road.

Here's hoping Dark Falz Mother's English voice isn't bad.

@Subject-Astra

Same, I think Mother was my favorite character in the EP4 storyline.

To be honest? I like just about all the dubbed VAs. Even Afin. It was either what we got, or a southern drawl, but they gave that to Klotho. I'm absolutely happy that they did Dudu justice, but Farma shouldn't sound so.... deep. Maria sounds like she's on her last legs, and conversely, Regius sounds really good for a battle-hardened CAST. I busted a gut, laughing, when I learned Billy Kametz was voicing Luther, because Takahiro Sakurai, Luther's JP VA, voiced Rohan, while Kametz voiced english Josuke.

There are things to like and despise about both, I don't like one over the other honestly. There are some voice acting choices that make me cringe on NA and others on JP that do the same. So its 50/50 for me.

If we really had to compare PSU/PSP2 dub vs PSO2 - it clearly shows how English dub skill have evolved phenomenally.

I still cringe at Melita's "emergency" shout and Afin's "mate" thingy, I would say English voice was done at best. And some voice actors are affiliated with Funimation apparently, and that's probably why you see Oracle anime being licensed to Funimation.

Regardless to say, people should give PSO2 English dub a try.

I just listen to JP dub because I always watched anime and played JP games in Japanese. Like Persona 3-5 etc (Except FF7 remake)

Sounds good. I guess I'll have to give the English voice acting a try then.

We/I will alwasy have "EMAGENCY!! .. Code! .. DUEL!" forever engrained in my psyche. ❤

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

We/I will alwasy have "EMAGENCY!! .. Code! .. DUEL!" forever engrained in my psyche. ❤

o/ =^.^=

Oh! Did they fix the translation for those too?!