Emergency Code: Too Slow

It happens every time. I'm generally a solo player, so I load up on AI teammates to run activities. I'm moving along, clearing the area, and an NPC pops up screaming "E...e...emergency!" A boss-tier enemy pops up, me and the AI lay waste to it. Voiceover guy shouts "EMERGENCY!" Boss is dead. Voiceover guy shouts "CODE!" I pop open the red gem and start picking up loot. Voiceover guy sounds off one more time. "CAPTURE!"

At this point I unleash a string of expletives because it takes longer for this poster child for the William Shatner School of Over-acting to spit out his freakin' lines than it takes for me and 3 AI to destroy this thing on anything lower than Super Hard difficulty (at which point it may survive just long enough for him to shout "CAPTURE!" but before I can drag the AI far enough away to stop attacking it, it's dead 9 times out of 10. And then, about 3-4 seconds after it's dead the on-screen alert will finally pop up with it's eye-scaldingly bright lettering to say "Emergency code: Capture." But by that point the voiceover is already coming back in to shout "FAIL!"

I have NEVER passed a Capture EC while running with AI outside of doing missions that require I only take along one (like most of Risa's COs). There needs to be as instant a notification as to the nature of the CE as possible so layers know what they're getting into BEFORE it's already too late. Nobody likes to fail, especially when the reason they failed is because the game takes too long to give proper instructions.

The worst type of capture is when it does change over to capture. At least with capture, you can note on the map that there's a blip with the same color of the boss' color somewhere else on the map. I usually make sure to glance at the map when an emergency code occurs. (IE: As soon as I see an enemy with an emergency code hover element as they, the enemy, spawn.)

@coldreactive I haven't noticed a map icon pop up, although that could be just because it tends to pop up when there's already mass chaos going on so my eyes aren't on the map.

In the JP version, emergency code blips are on a layer above standard yellow enemy blips. But I don't know how layering works between more than one emergency code. So if there was more than one, I could see the problem.

But NA has CODE EMERGENCY. Fix that.

Seems like there's a lot to the NA version that is extremely "not user-friendly." Useless, bare-bones translations, missing descriptions, none of the "lore" text I keep hearing about that at least hints at what an item is used for. But this is, to me, one of the more irritating ones. I hate to fail, especially because the "instructions" are too slow.

I think merely speeding up the warning 2x speed and making it happen twice would solve this issue.

I remember being on the JP servers and doing something else and wondering what I missed.

A double message at least would increase the chances of knowing what's going on.

@RobAtTheWiire Having the type of code be the FIRST thing that pops up instead of the last would help, too. That girl who keeps popping up in the upper right corner spouting off about "increased heat signatures in the area" or whatever else...she's useless. at least 9 times out of 10 it sounds like she's hinting at an EC and absolutely nothing happens even if I race around the entire "patrol area." When the "Press __ to Focus on Event" alert comes up, or even just before it, that is when we should be told what the event is. Instead we get Little Miss Useless quivering as usual, then the focus prompt, then enemies spawn in and immediately start attacking, a solid 5-10 seconds later, "EMERGENCY..." 3 seconds. "CODE..." another 5 seconds. "CAPTURE!" Oops, it's already dead. 5-10 seconds later the screen-obliterating text "Emergency Code: Capture" pops up and blinds me. But, again, it's too late. The mini-boss tier enemy that sprang out at me and my team of AI is already dead.

So we either need the type of EC announced immediately at the beginning or, likely a far more convoluted and complicated fix, AI that immediately know what the EC will be (possibly even before the player is told) and actually respond appropriately (e.g. NOT attacking the "Capture" target but still aggressively attacking "non-essential" targets to clear the way).

This has happened so many times that I just stopped capturing, lol mostly they are already dead anyways.

@zaffy2005 Agree, timing needs to be adjusted. good post.

@zaffy2005 said in Emergency Code: Too Slow:

It happens every time. I'm generally a solo player, so I load up on AI teammates to run activities. I'm moving along, clearing the area, and an NPC pops up screaming "E...e...emergency!" A boss-tier enemy pops up, me and the AI lay waste to it. Voiceover guy shouts "EMERGENCY!" Boss is dead. Voiceover guy shouts "CODE!" I pop open the red gem and start picking up loot. Voiceover guy sounds off one more time. "CAPTURE!"

At this point I unleash a string of expletives because it takes longer for this poster child for the William Shatner School of Over-acting to spit out his freakin' lines than it takes for me and 3 AI to destroy this thing on anything lower than Super Hard difficulty (at which point it may survive just long enough for him to shout "CAPTURE!" but before I can drag the AI far enough away to stop attacking it, it's dead 9 times out of 10. And then, about 3-4 seconds after it's dead the on-screen alert will finally pop up with it's eye-scaldingly bright lettering to say "Emergency code: Capture." But by that point the voiceover is already coming back in to shout "FAIL!"

I have NEVER passed a Capture EC while running with AI outside of doing missions that require I only take along one (like most of Risa's COs). There needs to be as instant a notification as to the nature of the CE as possible so layers know what they're getting into BEFORE it's already too late. Nobody likes to fail, especially when the reason they failed is because the game takes too long to give proper instructions.

EMERGENCY CODE: DPS VERY VERY SLOWLY!

😎

@Alexandrious947 I don't really do "slow DPS." And AI don't do anything slow except disengage when I try to drag them away from it after the game finally tells me what I'm supposed to be doing.

@Alexandrious947 I don't really do "slow DPS." And AI don't do anything slow except disengage when I try to drag them away from it after the game finally tells me what I'm supposed to be doing.

sighs im getting old, new gen doesnt get the classic mmo memes anymore.

Ah well, thats life.

"EMERGENCY..." 3 seconds. "CODE..." another 5 seconds. "CAPTURE!" Oops, it's already dead.

Ahh, brings back some fond memories. Good times, good times. I know that feeling all to well.

Sadly, the years have left me numb to E-Codes/Trials. (You eventually stop caring about them.) But I can see your point.

Google Stadia's "Negative Latency" is the fix! Kidding!

@Alexandrious947 If it makes you feel better I'm "old" in gamer terms (34) , just pretty new to the MMO scene. Was mostly into JRPGs (final fantasy 7-9 especially), FPS (Halo and Destiny), handheld RPG (Pokemon) and adventure games (LoZ, Fable, Skyrim).