Too late?

It's never too late to try a game. I myself plan to try Forza 6 and 7, as well as Mario maker 2 eventhough all the fun in those games has been had and I'll be very late to the parties. ^^ Well better to get some experience now rather than just watching on youtube and finding some blame as to why I didn't play said games when I had the chance.

I don't know much what your friends are on about, but they are costing themselves. Pso2 isn't the best game, but like with any game you may like a few years or months (depending on how long you play) of good memories beats none at all. If they don't play oh well. if you want to, go right ahead.

It's up to what you want in the end. In my opinion, I'd say give it a try at least.

@Fayde said in Too late?:

Ooohh FFXI was a great game, i remember when it first came out and i was still in high school trying to get the game updated which took like almost a whole day on release xD

Sadly the game still has a 512 Kbps connection maximum. (Server-side.)

The term "too late" really only means two different things for an MMO.

If you're one of those hyper-competitive people who has to be "the first" or on the bleeding edge of progression, then sure... it's always too late. If you're a normal player, some MMO's can suffer from having required group content that is level based, and not having people in the right level range to do it. So, you end up hitting a point where you can't solo further, but nobody is still doing that content as they're all on newer stuff.

I don't think this game suffers from that issue, since things are tiered by difficulty. It's possible to start out brand new and not feel like you can do the urgent quests right away, but even there... I'm pretty sure they'll rotate them all back in eventually. The current one is "Luther" for NA, and while it's off the schedule for the next couple weeks, we know the game will be on the PC soon, and it would be silly for them NOT to rotate it back in again. So even the time limited content is probably something you won't be "too late" for. 🙂

@coldreactive said in Too late?:

@Fayde said in Too late?:

Ooohh FFXI was a great game, i remember when it first came out and i was still in high school trying to get the game updated which took like almost a whole day on release xD

Sadly the game still has a 512 Kbps connection maximum. (Server-side.)

Thankfully, they FINALLY released the client in a larger chunk so you can download almost the entire thing before installing, bypassing that limit

If I was worried about being "too late" then I'd have jumped through all the hoops to play the JP version. I'm just glad to have it at all and hope the NA version is caught up to the JP version relatively soon. But yeah, I wouldn't really say it is too late to join. For a lot of people this is a brand new game for them to play.

Lmao "too late" its an endless video game with constant updates (if not for corona). Gacha has never been 100% forgiving, things in online games change but its mostly cosmetics and packs. You can earn everything else anytime unless its event related, LIKE EVERY OTHER VIDEO GAME. Even single player games get abandoned or played nonstop and some even undergo changes.

tl;dr your friends just dont wanna play, have no real logical reason, and are afraid of change. Bottom line, join a ship make new friends, leave the unevolving ones you currently have.

People still play runescape and everquest. It's never too late.

@Subject-Astra said in Too late?:

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Too late?:

If you log into an MMO for the first time, you can enjoy it all you want, but if there's basically no one playing anymore, that could be taken as you being "too late" to the party for a number of reasons.

You're gonna make the argument that no one is playing PSO2?

Uh, read?

This game only just released here, it'll be quite some time before that's relevant.

Also people, stop naming games that are still in operation lol. Of course it's not technically "too late" to play them. That doesn't guarantee you'll get the same experience out of it you would have during their prime.

Bless Online (PC) - Tabula Rasa - Warhammer Online - Firefall - Marvel Heros - Wildstar

To name a few. Too late for those lol. Online games have an expiration, it might be months (RIP Bless, jk that game was garbage) or decades, but when those servers go down, it's baibai game. (excluding p.srvrs that keep the flame alive for years after official dies ie: City of Heroes)

Bless Online (PC) - Tabula Rasa - Warhammer Online - Firefall - Marvel Heros - Wildstar

To name a few. Too late for those lol. Online games have an expiration, it might be months (RIP Bless, jk that game was garbage) or decades, but when those servers go down, it's baibai game. (excluding p.srvrs that keep the flame alive for years after official dies ie: City of Heroes)

Bless Online was doomed from the start. The developer originally chose Aeria Games to be their publisher. But they quickly decided against it for obvious reasons that would become quickly clear to anyone who's been active at Aeria Games like I was back when Kitsu Saga was still around.

To think people are afraid of playing a game because its "too late". That entire time they think its too late to play, could be used on actually playing.

@Lwyu said in Too late?:

To think people are afraid of playing a game because its "too late". That entire time they think its too late to play, could be used on actually playing.

It's something I ask myself every time I see the question come up on the FFXIV subreddit. Which is basically at least twice a month.

Its not to late to have fun at something new and free and all the hilarious\creative symbol arts lol ppl being total goofs got me hooked alone best thing to a mmo is community.

But how is it too late ? I get some people here have played the Japanese server but if you have never played the game surely it’s just a new as when it got released? 1 thing is the Xbox has not had any version of pso2 until now so in a way it’s also new for anyone who owns an Xbox

Besides better late then never surely?

Bless Online (PC) - Tabula Rasa - Warhammer Online - Firefall - Marvel Heros - Wildstar To name a few. Too late for those lol.

Well done ignoring the REASON for that just to beat your chest.

@coldreactive It actually surprises me how people evolve in terms of complaints, or make high statements with lack of proof or reason.

I get these people are worried about stuff they could not obtain or cant afford but man you cant have everything, its a gacha mmorpg is inevitable unless your rich or have a well paying job. People should be getting unemployment etc so shouldnt be too hard, even then save jesus.