Fresh Finds item preview/name is incorrect

The Edel Zellen: Sun preview picture appears to actually show another variant of the Edel Zellen. The Edel Zellen sun looks like this: alt text

but the ingame preview shows this:

alt text alt text

The preview is of the "Sky" variant:

alt text

Yeah I noticed this too. The item players will actually receive in-game is the Sun variant.

Perhaps players who purchased this one thinking it would be white will we receive the Sky variant after a later maintenance. Appropriately, that seems to be the compensation they are pushing out for people who bought "Aureole Haori" that was released on April 14th.

The thing is that when it is a re-colorable costume, the icon is showing the "no-color" icon you see in the item info box; the icon is showing the correct yellow/orange accents, but since what it black on the costume can be changed with a color change pass, it shows it as white.

@AndrlCh said in Fresh Finds item preview/name is incorrect:

The thing is that when it is a re-colorable costume, the icon is showing the "no-color" icon you see in the item info box; the icon is showing the correct yellow/orange accents, but since what it black on the costume can be changed with a color change pass, it shows it as white.

Fresh finds costumes are not re-colorable.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is one of the default starter outfits, this one might be. I don't have the 400SG to blow on it, though, if someone else wants to test? Testing on JP.

It turns out this outfit is actually re-colorable. That... complicates things a bit. I guess it's an issue with the preview then - The preview is for the sky version but the default sun version is still dark by default. So it's still a bug but not a huge one as long as the player has a color change pass.

tl;dr The preview shows the Sky variant which is default to white, but the Sun variant is defaulted to black.

Again, the icon is not previewing the Sky variant, it is showing the non-color icon from the item description for the Sun variant. If you zoom in enough, you can see that it has the proper accent color on the icon:

alt text

For comparison here it is on JP:

alt text alt text

Ahhhh, I see what you mean. You are correct in that it's not a bug and working as intended. That's still pretty bad, though. The problem is that you purchase something un-previewable expecting it to be white, and then it's black instead.

I've added a note for it to the top of the Fresh Finds preview, but I guess that's all that can be done.

Ah that's interesting. I thought it was a bug as well. Good to know.