Current content Issues and Updates Timeline

I know there probably isn't much player feedback is going to do about this, but I am just throwing this out there for discussion in-case. While I do not think there is a lack of content right now one of the major issues impacting what there is to do right now is the difficulty. While I know this probably will not affect the casual, it is going to affect the more serious player base which is going to stay around longer. Also I know we have to consider COVID-19 is giving people a lot more time into our hands including myself.

I am concerned about how much longer we are going to have these +50 AQ's/difficulty since we do not have a timeline from the NA PSO2 team what so ever. Currently the group of players I play with are basically just grinding +50 AQ for gear/meseta. Looking forward to the gear, content and progression of the future. Playing a stripped down version of their class due to everything being super easy and missing skills. We are not bored yet but I am afraid of whats to come if we go another month plus without anything new. I am already seeing people drop from my alliance and friends list because they are either waiting for content or did not realize the nature of these games which is hanging out with your party and grinding.

This current content I feel would of been much better if we did not have access to the crazy weapons right now which make any SHAQ +50 trivial. This is what I believe was the mistake. Of course there is the chance that the team wanted us to catch up quick for content, but nothing has really changed for open beta players other than the UQ schedule. AC scratch is cool but you do not want to keep releasing this alongside no content and give the player base the wrong idea that you are just in it for micro-transactions. Hopefully we start getting stuff before the PC release or at least a timeline from you guys.

Right now we're destroying content fairly easily, even moreso than Japan had it on release since they had even less sufficient gear than we do now. Once we get to Extra Hard difficulty (XH), everyone is gonna get a wake-up call since stuff will not only hit harder, but have more health as well and UQs will start to put up a bit of a challenge and become an endurance test until we get even better gear.

Yet again we get someone complaining about the difficulty and the content......

We're gonna get ALL the content Japan has, which is literal YEARS worth of stuff, before 2020 ends. This includes, as has been mentioned multiple times, multiple new difficulties, designed exactly to fix this issue. We don't even really have half of the content Japan currently has. We also have current Japan balancing, which is why certain stuff might feel easier than it should.

No offense to anyone here, but i'm starting to get sick of seeing people rush everything and then complain there isn't more when we were already told multiple times what the plan will be.

I don't see how they're gonna get years of content to us in 8 months, especially after how PSU was handled. I know they want to be on par with the jp servers at the end of the year but to me it would be a miracle if they can pull it off.

@BFGesus said in Current content Issues and Updates Timeline:

I don't see how they're gonna get years of content to us in 8 months, especially after how PSU was handled. I know they want to be on par with the jp servers at the end of the year but to me it would be a miracle if they can pull it off.

The content is already in the game, since they use the latest JP version data. They just have the stuff that isn't fully localized disabled on the NA version.

@BFGesus , it really wouldn't be a miracle. Whereas PSU was physically behind JP (as in, its Western version was an older client compared to what JP had).

In comparison, PSO2 is only 'artificially behind', the NA version is based off of the latest JP client and all the data is already there in the client but its all disabled to ensure that the original Ep 1-3 content is what Western gamers are exposed to (remember that not all of us have kept up with the game's updates since its original 'delay', it should would be hell of awkward to launch with Episode 6 being relevant when the last thing most people remember is the portions of Episode 1 shown off during the initial Western announcement) as well as the pragmatic reason of localizing certain content over time 'as its needed'. This is also the reason that there's all these threads about the current content being easy... the game uses the balances introducing in the latest JP version which is balanced with the content available up to Episode 6 in mind.

Really now if the situation were a repeat of PSU we would have been stuck with Old-Type weapons, Tier 5 graphics, Matter Board, Old balances and all these threads about the current content being too easy wouldn't be happening. Given that in this case, its just a matter of unlocking data that's already in the server and game files... I do believe there's reason to be optimistic about eventually catching up to the JP version down the line compared to the PSU days.

TLDR; PSU West was behind JP due to falling behind on patches as a result of Sega's negligience. PSO2 in comparison is already on the latest version but its 'behind' in terms of content... that is already in the data and will be unlocked at a later date.

No one is rushing this content. If you have been playing a decent amount since the betas you are going to be in this situation.

The main issue is like people have already stated, they have given us no proof yet. They are getting to the point already which soon this will feel like they are stretching content. They also have the shadow of psu and announcing the game but not releasing at all. Going dark altogether with communications as well.

When I filled out the beta survey it was one of my key points. There is no reason why pso cannot be a huge title here or couldn't of been in the past. It was never us but always Sega that ended up killing their own game. We do not want this to happen again.

@Penndragon87 we will be in SHAQ hell until at least the month following the PC release most likely.

This Tuesday will bring at least one new UQ (I think there will be at least two personally) and that will give something slightly different to do in between SHAQ runs, but ultimately it will be the same because of the weapons available in SHAQ.

correct me if i am wrong but we received a much more recent balance patch and a much older content patch. This , with the items and skills trees release, trivialized the content rather quick.

I expected a month at most for the current content and I don't think it's unreasonable for people to get impatient or even complain about the lack of challenging content. Whether it comes this year is not really the point. Of course it'll come this year, but the existing content just isn't challenging enough to keep customers entertained another month.

what's the point of min/maxing content you know you can clear with hardly any resource investment? I have a +30 elder rifle, +30 launcher, and not even the end game units. I would farm, but for what? I can snooze through shaq +50, superhard dailies are straight boring and the urgent quest rewards are subpar to anything that could even possibly upgrade me.

I basically log in on each character (have 5). Do weeklies, dailies, and log off. I have saved my excubes, spheres, and badges along with a healthy amount of meseta. So the game is essentially in chore mode right now. If the content was challenging and completing those challenges provides any sort of substantial reward, i'd have no problem. The rewards for the hard content just aren't there though and there is absolutely no reason to run it, unless you really enjoy running the same shaq50 for a month straight (which is where we are).

listen, i get the white knight attitude and defense of the game. I love it, and will continue to play it as long as it's here. Just because people are bored and asking about content, doesn't make it any less true than someone who still hasn't leveled up that things the game is full of endless possibilities.

The hardcore ran out of stuff to do weeks ago. The super casual is still trying to figure out augments. Both are in their right to have an opinion.

@Taconight1977 Based on when content was released in the JP version, other than boss urgent quests, there should be a few interesting urgent quests on the way, the Mining Base Defense series of urgent quests (name likely to be changed for NA). They're quite a bit different from the urgent quests available now.

I have no idea when these will be available, but if there'll be new urgent quests this week, I think one of the following 3 are the most likely ones to be released:

• First UQ from the Mining Base Defense series.
  • Late Episode 2 regular UQ (linear path with enemies and bosses, ends in Falz Angel, though I'm surprised this one didn't come out together with Dark Falz Luther).
  • Early Episode 3 Boss.

Other than Urgent Quests, there's also some new types of quests that might be released in the nearby future...maybe? Ultimate Quests and Challenge Quests (names could be different in NA version), I believe both will feel like a breath of fresh air when compared to SHAQs. In the JP side these were actually the first quests that introduced 13* weapons.

@Taconight1977 said in Current content Issues and Updates Timeline:

The hardcore ran out of stuff to do weeks ago. The super casual is still trying to figure out augments. Both are in their right to have an opinion.

The many games that paid too much attention to the hardcore failed. A developer should not be paying too much attention to the players who decided to skip and rush everything solely to then say there's nothing else to do.

Also yes, we have current JP balancing [which obviously takes into the account the 2 much harder difficulties, the current weapon tiers, current events, etc] while we're behind in the actual content, which is why a lot of it feels easier than it should. We were already told we were getting everything before 2020 ends, we just need to be patient for once.

We PC players waited around 10 years for this to come out in the West and we still can't play it for at least a month, you guys can wait a bit for the content we're missing.

@Subject-Astra no one is skipping and rushing through content we are just playing the game. Unless you play like only 30 mins a day there is nothing for you to do right now. Again I would be okay with actually confirmation or a time line. There is no point to white knight here. Them just saying it will come out this year is not enough for some people because of the history Sega has here with pso

I think the main issue with people killing stuff easily is that the level 75 cap was based around XH not super hard which was level 65 for current UQs. So you have people with 10 levels over what was originally planned for the SH UQs and having 6 years of balance patches added in resulting in greater damage than was originally planned for the quests. However you lose out on crafting and lower level pa's.

@A-Silver-King said in Current content Issues and Updates Timeline:

I think the main issue with people killing stuff easily is that the level 75 cap was based around XH not super hard which was level 65 for current UQs. So you have people with 10 levels over what was originally planned for the SH UQs and having 6 years of balance patches added in resulting in greater damage than was originally planned for the quests. However you lose out on crafting and lower level pa's.

Actually, the NA versions of SH Elder and Luther are higher level than in the JP version, the JP version of them is still lvl 70, while the NA version is lvl 75. It may not seem like much, only 5 levels difference, but, starting at lvl 71 enemies HP starts increasing alot per level, if I'm not mistaken.

@Penndragon87 said in Current content Issues and Updates Timeline:

no one is skipping and rushing through content we are just playing the game

You expect me to believe that when there's people that had every class maxed out just a few weeks in?