Constant Error 630. No response from PSO2 server.

@Milk both machines are connected in the same router, if they are both are connected wireless or with wires? distance from the router does affect the quality of the connection and can cause disconnects when heavy data transfer is needed

@Jamesmor

Both wireless and our desks are literally side by side. I’m stumped.

@Milk then there's the problem wireless connection for online games is not good, differently from wired connection wireless doesn't have a constant speed and anything can interfere with the signal and you 2 are using both machines close to each other so if you want to prevent that from happening at least less frequently connect both with a wired connection or at least 1 of the machines with a wired connection

@Jamesmor

Ahh that makes sense, it’s never been an issue in other MMO’s we play before so I was really confused. Thanks for the help!

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking PSO2/GameGuard and that you don't have any programs that interfere with GameGuard. Lots of Anti-Virus will put a false positive on GameGuard and these are usually the Anti-Virus you don't want to trust protecting your system like McAfee, Norton and Avast. If you're using one of those, then even Windows Defender is better protection, but Kaspersky/Bitdefender and Malwarebytes are the optimal choices.

Wireless should not be an issue, PSO2 has one of the best netcodes I've ever seen in a game.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

Hmm we both use Malwarebytes but I’ll check if there’s something running in the background on his computer. This is the only game we’ve ever had this problem and we both play games that have dreaded Gameguard. He literally only experiences this in UQ, it’s just bizarre.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki netcoding means nothing when you have issues with physical connection and that is a issue with wireless that anything can cause problems with the signal and unless you are using one of those monsters routers that can easily cover 100 meters in your house you will suffer with variations with the connection

@Jamesmor

I admit I know little about computers but what I do know is our router works for our three story house and our computers are in the closest room to the router. We have wireless devices in other rooms in the house but the actual computers are very close to the router. Maybe it just needs to be replaced?

@Milk if there's a wall in the way then yes replace it to have less issues the less objects in the way the better will be the connection and also includes other devices that are connected to the wireless connection or produce any kind of eletromagnetic waves

@Jamesmor

Gotcha, thanks so much.

@Jamesmor said in Constant Error 630. No response from PSO2 server.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki netcoding means nothing when you have issues with physical connection and that is a issue with wireless that anything can cause problems with the signal and unless you are using one of those monsters routers that can easily cover 100 meters in your house you will suffer with variations with the connection

Well, with my network card(Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Dual Band, 2x2 2.4GHz, 5Ghz (160Mhz) + BT5.0 w/ PCI-E Adapter & Dual Antennas ) there's absolutely no issue with wi-fi ever, and I often get better ping than others in games as well... And this Wi-Fi card is incredibly cheap AFAIK. The whole wired vs wireless debate just makes no sense to me personally.

I’m going to fiddle around with it tonight before I buy a new one, theres been a lot of back orders in my area for electronic-anything so it might be a long wait. I’d really love for it to be an easy fix.

Will post an update if there’s any good news

Playing on Xbox and this is a constant issue for me. To the point where I’m literally about to give up on the game. I get dropped randomly standing in lobby and just about every UQ that I do. Proving to be pointless at this point. Ports already forwarded. Graphics have been turned down. Don’t know what release to do.

I have noticed this happening to me as well last few days. It seems to happen both to hard wired and wifi. Have reset all my network equipment. I am running validating files now to see if there is any issue there but its a bit weird since it happens both on my desktop and laptop. I ran a traceroute just to see if there was any issue with the route. Other than a few hops with high latency to respond, I am not seeing anything I can spot from the outside. Wonder if its an issue at the data center with certain accounts.