WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM

@hAZE-1561 I can see how the first sentence can be misleading. It saying you must have a permit to create additional "characters" That can be taken as you only needing one permit as apposed to the permit being consumed upon use. Could certainly use some better wording or just outright telling you that you are not purchasing a character slot.

Yeah, this is one of the few things PSO2 does monetization wise that I can't find a way, or perhaps a will, to defend. It should be clearer up front, but more than that, it doesn't make any sense why they don't just sell the slot. It'd make it a much easier sell imo.

@AndrlCh said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

Fro reference, here is the screen when you purchase a Character Creation Permit:

alttext

It probably would be beneficial for them to add a line of yellow text that highlights that you are not purchasing a character "slot" in the traditional sense. @GM-Deynger, would it be possible to pass such a suggestion along?

Or they could have at the bottom in red writing like the AC required line reading Warning - Character slots bought are temporary . If you delete a character after buying one you will need to repurchase another one to make another character

Or something along those lines

Fro reference, here is the screen when you purchase a Character Creation Permit:

alttext

It probably would be beneficial for them to add a line of yellow text that highlights that you are not purchasing a character "slot" in the traditional sense. @GM-Deynger, would it be possible to pass such a suggestion along?

I will add this thread to the feedback for operations. 🙂

@GM-Deynger said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

alttext

Yes, this is a known issue. I will add this thread to the feedback we've received on it. 🙂

Hopefully you can get it where you buy the slot and keep it regardless if you erase the character. I can't see people wanting to constantly erase their chars. I have 5 total chars for $$$ weeklys

@PhantasyStar369 said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

Hopefully you can get it where you buy the slot and keep it regardless if you erase the character.

I actually hope not, since it can help deter bots on one account. Ironically, bots can pay for games. (FFXIV bots are proof of this. Since they all purchase the starter edition.)

@Scribblemonk said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

a "no refunds for deleted characters" would be nice

They really need to TELL you this?

@Subject-Astra said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

FFXIV doesn't tell you this but, you can restore one character that you deleted within 7 days of its deletion, per account.

@coldreactive said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

FFXIV doesn't tell you this but, you can restore one character that you deleted within 7 days of its deletion, per account.

And in GW2, you can flatout ask Support to restore characters [they take 5 decades and 2 eternities to answer, but they do], same with WoW letting you do it [or at least i remember you could back during WoD, idk now].

It's ALWAYS been far safer to assume deleting characters is permanent [as most games did and still currently do] than have the dev flatout tell you "hey, deleting is permanent, no refunds there].

It's ALWAYS been far safer to assume deleting characters is permanent [as most games did and still currently do] than have the dev flatout tell you "hey, deleting is permanent, no refunds there].

I like how Minecraft has to tell you that deleting worlds is permanent though.

"Important: If you delete this character you will have to purchase another." or something to that regard.

Or maybe something like "A Character Creation Permit allows you to create ONE character and is not a permanent character slot" and then add a version of the second paragraph from the character deletion prompt.

I did this on JP server and deleted 10 characters not knowing I'd lose the slots. That was disappointing but it was my own fault at the end of the day.

@hAZE-1561 Wrecklessly... Dude it warms you before deleting xD. Operator error there buddy.

This is F'ing stupid. This thing is SUPER misleading. I paid money because I thought I was buying the right to use all 12 slots. It doesn't tell you exactly what you're getting.

I marked a character for deletion on my first ship so I could create one on another, only to find out I had to wait for the maintenance period to do it, so I just paid the money for the extra character, so now you're telling me I'm not even going to get that character slot back once the first character gets removed??

WTF PSO

Stupid BS like this is why I usually avoid in-game purchases like the plague