WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM

@bloodymonarch Indeed. It seems every game has it's share of good things and bad things. Some games have no account bank, some do. I made an example for GW2, but that game has one of the best wardrobe systems I've ever seen, meaning not all is bad. I think people just have to see and weight what they like and what they dislike about a game's systems, and go from there.

@OlsenSan

Expecting a JP game to conform to "western" practices and ideals is your own fault. And you really shouldn't be dogging on the way they like to do things just because it doesn't match up with what you find comfortable.

The game is very niche in how it handles it's systems. You either learn to accept that stuff or you move along. I absolutely despise the harvesting and fishing systems. But that sort of stuff is liked and enjoyed over there. It's not really my place to call it bad just because it's not what i'm used to.

@ZorokiHanuke

I fully agree with you here. It’s a trade off. That character only cost $5 and we get to customize our characters for free. I’ve never had to buy a salon pass. Yes you can’t outright buy some outfits but those AC outfits are obtainable by literally anybody on the personal shops, it costs in game money. You can earn SG to buy those outfits outright. You can even trade the outfits for free across your whole account, even layered pieces you only need two for an account wide use.

I don’t have a problem with the character creation at all. I don’t have to pay $10-$30 per character, or buy an appearance change voucher or pay per outfit if I want alts.

I’m just thinking back to my B&S days where you had to pay real money to trade an outfit between characters and more money to remove dye first or you couldn’t trade it at all. You even needed an appearance change voucher to change your hairstyle or had to buy wigs.

We have it pretty darn good in this game.

@OlsenSan said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

wall of text, had to stop at some point.

It's VERY CLEAR WHAT YOU'RE BUYING, and VERY CLEAR WHEN YOU GO TO DELETE, so there is no issue. You paid for a very specific service that you got, and if you delete it you accept the terms.

You can still try to defend it with all your strength, it wont change the fact that it is a "bad service". We don't like that kind of service. In my case, I make my characters according to their mag, I wanted 1 character for each mag. I was thinking about getting a 4th for dex mag, to when phantom get released. but I will probably, maybe just buy the mag that is cheaper or not even buy it at all, since now I am playing hero and loving it. That would be the only thing that would make me spend money in this game, other than that, I am not investing my money to lose it, even if they "PUT IT ON ALL CAPS LETTERS". that just makes me not want to spend 1 cent in here, and make others who didn't pay attention to lose theirs, get frustrated and quit. Many Eastern games when they come to west they have finantial losses because of this kind of policy. But let's not change this for the good of the community in the other hand, the bots that have no problem of buying as many slots as they want can just run free.

And for the good of the community it should NEVER change because people can stock XP tickets, get the lv 30 reward, sell on personal market, delete character, rinse and repeat. Economy is already destroyed in some places, let's not destroy the lv 30 reward from leveling too.

The amount of rationalizing MTXs in here makes me wanna quit this game for good. They do this because you guys support these decisions. I guess this is the kind of thinking that separates the people who live from paycheck to paycheck and the people who can afford lamborghinis.

@BFGesus-0 said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

The amount of rationalizing MTXs in here makes me wanna quit this game for good. They do this because you guys support these decisions. I guess this is the kind of thinking that separates the people who live from paycheck to paycheck and the people who can afford lamborghinis.

So you want to abuse the system? Just leave your 3rd free slot open then and create/delete, if you already have more than 3 characters this provides a super-massive advantage.

The other way would be to make it so new characters can't be abused. Either giving them untradeable items or some other idea.

@ZorokiHanuke said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

The other way would be to make it so new characters can't be abused. Either giving them untradeable items or some other idea.

Would break a good thing the game has going where almost everything except 13* units and 15* weapons and rare gathering materials/SG items are sellable. This is one of the rare few games where you can sell -everything- even one-time use event rewards/story rewards/etc. The system is perfectly fine as-is, people need to learn to deal with the decisions they make and read things more carefully.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki Yeah. One thing breaks the other, and it's impossible to make every single player happy.

Welcome to a F2P game from 2012 with weird monetization practices. As you can see, we all enjoy them here.

@ZorokiHanuke And in both games gw2 and tera, you can buy the tickets you need to change your character style with in game currency, just buying on the shop. In guild wars 2, there are events that give these vouchers away as well. You can just farm some normal gold and exchange it to buy whatever you want. and as I said, if you are someone who plays that game for a while, you are never out of money. The "few things" you can change in your character in pso2, are the items you buy ot are free. like you buy ac scratch or sg, to get an hairstyle, so ofc they have to make it possible to be changed in the salon, you paid for it, even if you bought it with meseta. If I buy outfits on gw2 or tera, they also allow me to change it whenever I want. In there everything (hairstyle, outfits, etc) it has its own storage and you can change them whenever you want as well. Tera has ingame items that allows you to change your character heigth and other stuff. you can buy those with fashion coupons. So I dont really know what you are talking about ^^. I dont think you know those games very well to be talking such things. The most important things you wanna change in here you need the salon pass, what in this case, you can even get one from fun scratches or mission pass, But as I mentioned before, you can get those in the other games with in game currency, nothing you have to pay for. That was a real bad argument, try again. And I am talking about something that is useful, not cosmetics. Bloodymonarch said that there isn't many games that give away so much for free. As I mentioned, Tera, gave us premium pass in their leveling event, besides many other useful items, like keys, inventory expansion etc. Items that you can only buy here with AC, real life money. In those games, you can expand your inventory and storage as much as you want with in game currency and I can say, you need more storage in here than in those games. or you gonna have to be clearing inventory after every run. It is funny you trying to talk about cosmetics, when the other games gives a lot more important things for free and they are also free to play. Lets mention that Tera, Gw2 you can also use broker without needing premium membership. in here you either have to buy premium or 30 day pass to use personal shop or get lucky spending 20k fun points to maybe get 1 or 2, 3 days personal shop pass. how do you even want to compare anything? ^^

I agree that is something they should change! I hope my vote helps the situation!?

@OlsenSan Actually, yeah, you are correct and I was very wrong. I talked without full knowledge of things and for that you have my respects. I should stop talking without full info on things and I'm deeply sorry for that.

Yes, there's always the "someone else paid for that voucher" argument. But that does not apply here, right?