WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM

Shouldve read, bro. @OP

@nanohurtz said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

I agree, the character slot feature in this game is a total scam

You created this account solely to necro a thread?

@ERICK001BC Good point and thanks, but I'm a casual gamer living vicariously in this mmo after a hard days work. While I could dump thousands into this game and not bat an eye, my worry is for the people looking to have fun with the mmo without being looted 5 minutes into it.

@Ephemiel Not really, it was to voice an opinion like everyone else did, and not expect to be randomly selected and trolled about it. Do you measure how far up your head is up your derriere in inches or meters? Do us all a favor, unless you have something constructive to say, sit down before you hurt yourself. You did nothing to contribute to the thread, and exposed your age and IQ combined. Just saying..

@nanohurtz If you played the Japanese version of PSO2 (which also has the exact same character creation set-up: 3 free characters, and needing a character creation permit, which is not a character slot, for any character over that), then it is exactly like you would remember, just with some cosmetics locked behind SG (which can be earned for free).

I think I am hitting most of your points:

• You get 1 free Skill Tree for every class per character, and occasionally free All Skill Tree Resets are distributed (one per character). Extra Skill Trees cost AC, and can be reset using SG.
  • Everyone gets 3 free Crafting Lines (two must be unlocked via Crafting), with Premium users getting an extra 3, and another 3 being permanent AC purchases per character.
  • The only buffs that you get from paying are from Premium Drinks, which just give slight RDR and EXP boosts over their free versions.
  • Everyone gets 200 free shared storage slots, and 50 inventory and 300 free non-shared storage slots per character; both inventory and character storage can be permanently increased though AC purchases. Premium gives a 300 slot shared storage, and you can rent several additional storage boxes for AC and SG. Even when Premium and the rental storages run out, you can still remove items from them, you just can't put new items in.
  • Every player gets a free mini-room, and you can get expanded Personal Quarters either through Premium or paid Personal Quarters passes, or by using the in-game resource ExCubes (1 ExCube for 3 Days and once you get to level 50 on a character, you get 1 ExCube per day just for running a quest on Super Hard difficulty, not to mention all the other ways to get them).
  • Aside from some occasional special augments that you can from SG scratches, you get no benefit to weapons or units that you can pay real money for.
  • Most costumes and cosmetics can be purchased from other players via the Personal Shops with you never having to personally touch the AC Scratch.

The only NA/Global exclusive things are the Mission Pass and Fresh Finds Shop:

• The Mission Pass has a free tier with some basic items, and a gold tier for 400 SG that has costumes and cosmetics. The free tier will give you 200 SG in its prizes, and you can get another 200 SG in the gold tiers, meaning that each subsequent Mission Pass is self-sustaining after the initial pay in (the cost of which can be covered just by playing the story).
  • Fresh Finds has costumes and cosmetics for SG with 3 packages that are featured for two weeks, and others that only last for one day. This is definitely the most cash-grabby thing since the limited time is a method of instilling FOMO.

@AndrlCh Wow.. Thanks and pardons for my harsh intro. This was very informative and useful, unlike the previous clowns response. This does alleviate some fears regarding the play through and expectations. Perhaps I was remiss, but I do not recall the pay wall for additional characters slots. Then again it was in Japanese having played via a VPN when SEGA decided to block NA players from the MMO.

I think I had at best 2 characters, one main, and a mule. That said, I wouldn't have run into any issues then. If I was passionate about my response it's because the PSx series has always been my favorite next to FFXI before it was capped to 99 and utterly ruined.

I now look forward to playing this without all the reservation. Thanks again for the thoughtful and thorough response.

@nanohurtz said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

@Ephemiel Not really, it was to voice an opinion like everyone else did, and not expect to be randomly selected and trolled about it. Do you measure how far up your head is up your derriere in inches or meters? Do us all a favor, unless you have something constructive to say, sit down before you hurt yourself. You did nothing to contribute to the thread, and exposed your age and IQ combined. Just saying..

Lol, you have some legit brain issues there. I suggest you don't play the game and go to a hospital before it gets worse.

People in this thread actually defending this type of practice.... ew.

It's still bad on their part to not make slots permanent.

It's stupid IMO any other mmo when you buy the character or slot you get to keep it on your account even if you delete the character its just a ignorant way to get people to spend more money on something that should be permanent to the account. This needs to be changed so basically if you spend $5.00 and delete it you just threw your $5.00 in the garbage. Also the wording should be way different before you delete or purchase a character pass or slot or whatever the hell they call it anything to make a buck makes me sick as if they don't make enough from premium plus scratch tickets sad world we live in.

The permit you use to create your character is a permit to create a character, not have a permanent slot. Think of how many people would abuse this if it wasn't the case by doing those level 30 grinds to get all the free meseta from missions/etc.

In any game I played untill now, and they are many, if you buy a character slot, it is a character slot. you can delete the character and the slot stays there empty for creation of another. Because they value the money you invest in their game. If you buy it with real life money it should be permanent. There are games that even allows you to buy the slots with in game currency, such as Guild Wars 2, Tera, Aion and others. I have around 13 characters in Tera, and I abused of the leveling event where you'd get a bunch of items including 3days premium per character lvled to max lvl. That means I created around 11 characters during that event and made 33days premium for free. but even though I got it for free, before this event I bought with rl money my premium as well. With that being said, actions like that makes the player invest their money in the game, because they know that they wont lose it. They are investing on their fun that has to be permanent for the time that the servers will be active. Games are business, Devs wants to make money and the player don't wanna lose theirs. I will never spend money in PSO2, or buy a character while they keep this policy. And use the excuse of how many people would abuse of leveling an alt to +30 to get items, they invested their money on it, paid for it, that money helps the company to keep the servers up and running. They should get some rewards for that or not? here I am. 8 characters on guild wars 2, 13 in tera, 2 accounts in Aion with at least 10 characters. Invested money on all those games. Bought 2 expansions in Guild Wars 2, saving money to buy the third when they release it, used my money to buy a lot of in game stuff even though you can buy practically everything exchanging in game currency, something that for an experienced player like me can make easily in that game, but I wont spend in here if I feel like my money is for gamble, luck, or wasted. You can't buy an outfit you like directly here, you have to play ac scratch to have a chance to get the outfit you want. That is a gamble. I don't like it. you cant have extended storage permanently, you have to spend your real life money for something that you gonna lose after 30 or 90 days even if you are premium. Maybe this works on JP, but it is not how it works on west.

@OlsenSan said in WARNING-Buying character slot is a SCAM:

In any game I played untill now, and they are many, if you buy a character slot, it is a character slot. you can delete the character and the slot stays there empty for creation of another. Because they value the money you invest in their game. If you buy it with real life money it should be permanent. There are games that even allows you to buy the slots with in game currency, such as Guild Wars 2, Tera, Aion and others. I have around 13 characters in Tera, and I abused of the leveling event where you'd get a bunch of items including 3days premium per character lvled to max lvl. That means I created around 11 characters during that event and made 33days premium for free. but even though I got it for free, before this event I bought with rl money my premium as well. With that being said, actions like that makes the player invest their money in the game, because they know that they wont lose it. They are investing on their fun that has to be permanent for the time that the servers will be active. Games are business, Devs wants to make money and the player don't wanna lose theirs. I will never spend money in PSO2, or buy a character while they keep this policy. And use the excuse of how many people would abuse of leveling an alt to +30 to get items, they invested their money on it, paid for it, that money helps the company to keep the servers up and running. They should get some rewards for that or not? here I am. 8 characters on guild wars 2, 13 in tera, 2 accounts in Aion with at least 10 characters. Invested money on all those games. Bought 2 expansions in Guild Wars 2, saving money to buy the third when they release it, used my money to buy a lot of in game stuff even though you can buy practically everything exchanging in game currency, something that for an experienced player like me can make easily in that game, but I wont spend in here if I feel like my money is for gamble, luck, or wasted. You can't buy an outfit you like directly here, you have to play ac scratch to have a chance to get the outfit you want. That is a gamble. I don't like it. you cant have extended storage permanently, you have to spend your real life money for something that you gonna lose after 30 or 90 days even if you are premium. Maybe this works on JP, but it is not how it works on west.

wall of text, had to stop at some point.

It's VERY CLEAR WHAT YOU'RE BUYING, and VERY CLEAR WHEN YOU GO TO DELETE, so there is no issue. You paid for a very specific service that you got, and if you delete it you accept the terms.

wall of text, had to stop at some point.

It's VERY CLEAR WHAT YOU'RE BUYING, and VERY CLEAR WHEN YOU GO TO DELETE, so there is no issue. You paid for a very specific service that you got, and if you delete it you accept the terms.

You can still try to defend it with all your strength, it wont change the fact that it is a "bad service". We don't like that kind of service. In my case, I make my characters according to their mag, I wanted 1 character for each mag. I was thinking about getting a 4th for dex mag, to when phantom get released. but I will probably, maybe just buy the mag that is cheaper or not even buy it at all, since now I am playing hero and loving it. That would be the only thing that would make me spend money in this game, other than that, I am not investing my money to lose it, even if they "PUT IT ON ALL CAPS LETTERS". that just makes me not want to spend 1 cent in here, and make others who didn't pay attention to lose theirs, get frustrated and quit. Many Eastern games when they come to west they have finantial losses because of this kind of policy. But let's not change this for the good of the community in the other hand, the bots that have no problem of buying as many slots as they want can just run free.

Old thread, but my two cents. I see it as a balance to the other good things this game has. See, while people complain about the character slot being lost on deletion, I can also say this is one of the few games that allows me a lot of freedom to edit my character at will without spending money. Some games will ask you for 10 dollars straight just for changing your hair color, because it all comes in a full character edit voucher. GW2 and Tera sell these vouchers in this format. Here in PSO2, you just need SG for a few of the bigger things like body and face structure, but a bunch of other settings like voice, face type, hair style, eye color, are fully free. No AC nor SG needed. So I see the character slot issue as the balancer. Not saying it's a good thing, but it balances out with the other good features the game has. We all just need to be more careful with what's presented on our screens and start reading even the tiny print.

@ZorokiHanuke This is a bit of perspective people forget. As a free to play game, PSO2 is top of the heap. There's no other MMO of this quality I have ever seen that gives so much away for free.