High Max out Level Players Quitting

@Kos It's not exactly kill count, but rather the hidden "points" that each enemy kill is assigned, where small enemies like Dagans or Deegs have the lowest point value and larger enemies have higher ones. This is the reason why it takes more kills to get S-Rank and full drops in areas like Volcanic Caves and Coast since the majority of the enemies that tend to spawn there fall into the lowest point category.

Ok OP there is this thing called "etiquette". It may not be known to most low-level and casual players so let me explain it. Max-level characters want to do these UQs as fast as possible. These can easily be done in as little as 5 minutes if not less. So when half the team is made up of level 50s and the boss's level is 75 then high-level players can deduce that:

1. These level 50s just want to be carried for easy loot.
  2. This UQ will take 10 minutes or more to complete.
  3. More than likely they'll be spending more time reviving than doing DPS.

I have first-hand experience of having the timer run out on Luther (yes, a full 30 minutes) TWICE because my group had more level 50s than anything else. I will abandon any team I join that has more than three level 50s. It's a fact that having that many level 50s will make the UQ take 25+ minutes or not complete at all. Nobody wants that, so do me and all of us a favor and don't do SHUQs until you're level 65+ and have a firm grasp on how to play your classes.

Some people will also jump ship because some idiot started the countdown with 11 people present or less. This is just another instance of casuals clashing with the hardcore players. If you think it's unfair or feel the need to report players because of this then you should be more considerate.

@BFGesus I think they should be grateful there isn't a vote to kick option like there is in WoW.

I don't mind carrying some people, but it should never be expected that the higher level players should carry.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in High Max out Level Players Quitting:

@BFGesus I think they should be grateful there isn't a vote to kick option like there is in WoW.

I don't mind carrying some people, but it should never be expected that the higher level players should carry.

There's a vote kick system in FFXIV as well, and you have a 1-4 hour cooldown on vote-kicking per character (IE: Even if you queue for something new, you still can't vote-kick on that same character.) Which is better than allowing people to do it constantly.

This kind of mentality is exactly why most modern games don't have vote kick options, hth. They're almost always abused by those arrogant enough to think they should be in charge of who gets to do what content.

@coldreactive said in High Max out Level Players Quitting:

There's a vote kick system in FFXIV as well, and you have a 1-4 hour cooldown on vote-kicking. Which is better than allowing people to do it constantly.

FFXIV will also take mod action against people who abuse it. So something like "I was randomly matched into this dungeon and this person didn't meet my, personal, standard of gear before we'd even hit the first encounter!" would be likely to get you into trouble.

@Nuebot said in High Max out Level Players Quitting:

FFXIV will also take mod action against people who abuse it. So something like "I was randomly matched into this dungeon and this person didn't meet my, personal, standard of gear before we'd even hit the first encounter!" would be likely to get you into trouble.

Yes, they've stated that kicking people or harassing people because they aren't doing the "meta" (especially in casual dungeons) can get you banned. I wish more MMOs would do this to be honest.

People in FFXIV wont vote kick you. Instead they will refuse to finish the run and make you leave the instance on your own. If they vote kick, you suffer no penalty, if you desert the run however you will take a 30 min penalty where you will be unable to que for any other content. I've been on the giving and receiving end of this both ways on that game, and the GM's do not care that it happens.

As for the GM's banning people for harassment of players not following the "meta", that's laughable at best. I went into a run(Shiva Ex) to farm it in duty finder. I had already downed it 100+ times while it was relevant and had the weapons/accessories for most of the classes I played, was simply doing it to pick up a weapon for an alt class. I que'd into a group(a 7 man pre-made that were all from the same guild, lucky me). As soon as I joined before they even pulled the boss, 3 of them started harassing me(I hadn't said anything in the chat), telling me my gear was too low, I didn't know how to do the fight, etc.

I linked all the drops for my other classes that came from that fight to show them I knew the fight, probably better than they did and asked them to just pull so we could get it done and move on. They refused, I then politely asked to be vote kicked, to which they also refused and said I should take the deserter penalty. I refused to do this and sat in the quest figuring if they were gonna waste my time turn-a-bouts fair play.

Of course they reported me for griefing for this and I got a nice trip to GM island. The Gm asked me what happened, I explained it to him. He went back looked at the chat log, confirmed what I had said and that they were the ones who instigated everything. He sided with me and let me go, he asked me if I wanted to submit a ticket for what they did. I asked if it would result in anything be done(they spent an hour cussing me out and telling me how I should go kill myself, etc), the GM said most likely nothing at all would happen, or at best they'd be issued a warning. Square isn't in the habit of throwing out bans to players paying a sub unless it's absolutely necessary to do so as they lose money/customers when they do that.

@Ravness01 I had an experience where I reported a player for kicking me for not maintaining Enochian as Black Mage in Neverreap. Mind you, this was before the initial 13 second buff to Astral/Umbral stacks. When Blizzard IV still refreshed Enochian (5 second duration less each time.) The GM said that kicking me for not maintaining it wasn't proper and that they would elevate the issue.

I kid you not, however, nearly two days later, a patch was released upping the timer of Astral/Umbral stacks from 10 to 13 seconds, making it infinitely easier to maintain Enochian. Eventually, this would be buffed again to 15 seconds later. It's possible that this fix was planned for a later date (hence the two buffs) but they decided to push a partial buff at that time to see the impact.

@Nuebot there is a difference between those instanced based systems in FFXIV and WoW and an Urgent Quest that is only available for that single run with no idea of when it will occur again (considering many of these will not be on a schedule in the future).

For the current UQs, it isn't really that big of a deal, but I can understand the frustration of players who want to clear the boss and know they are going to be wasting their time because the game allows players 25 levels lower into the fight.

It will definitely matter in many of the UQ later on. Hopefully expert matching is back by then.

@John-Paul-RAGE Ah the great DPS filter. Good times that was. I feel like a good portion will get through this with ease. They spoiled us with gear and plenty of time to git gud. SH should be cake. XH on the other hand...

I personally get annoyed when that quest is failed as it means people have essentially waisted boosters along with time. As for the whole abandoning the quest thing. I've only seen it a couple times and both were situations were 10+ minutes into the fight the total damage done to him wasn't enough to get him to start using his time attacks where he changes the lighting then does attacks either faster or slower than normal.

Having LV50's isn't so much of an issue on its own. However when its lv 50's that aren't geared for it to where they're atleast using an element he's weak to it gets to be an issue that grows worse the more people like that are present. Pair that with a number of them that are regularly decorating the floor because they don't attempt to avoid attacks and it just starts snowballing. I've even seen groups fail the pillars DPS check on the minions mission before that on SH.

@Nuebot there is a difference between those instanced based systems in FFXIV and WoW and an Urgent Quest that is only available for that single run with no idea of when it will occur again (considering many of these will not be on a schedule in the future).

For the current UQs, it isn't really that big of a deal, but I can understand the frustration of players who want to clear the boss and know they are going to be wasting their time because the game allows players 25 levels lower into the fight.

It will definitely matter in many of the UQ later on. Hopefully expert matching is back by then.

Then run in private groups with your friends. Stop running public matches and trying to demand the world conform to your standards.

@Nuebot you claim that actually beating the boss is a personal standard that I have rather than a function of the game?

Houston, we have a problem

@Nuebot you claim that actually beating the boss is a personal standard that I have rather than a function of the game?

Houston, we have a problem

I've had some pretty bad Luther runs but I've never failed it, even with a load of 50's. But I also know that when I join a public party, there's a chance I might be put into a group with 11 completely fresh newbies who don't know how to gear themselves and don't know the strategies. That's the risk of joining public games.

I reiterate; if you don't like that risk, then make private parties. That's your alternate option.

@Nuebot I haven't failed it myself either and realize that risk, however this thread is asking for punitive action against people who leave before the quest has even officially started. Specifically targeting high leveled players.

If the individual in question doesn't want to assume the risk that their low level will cause others to leave during the legal period for leaving the quest, they should perhaps seek to find a private party that is willing to carry.