Add an option to toggle the profanity filter

@Vaden said in Add an option to toggle the profanity filter:

Titties yay, but watch your potty mouth.

Accurate representation of the game100%.

Play characters with an expensive cash shop that lets your tits hang out and give you a black eye cuz you made them huge melons, but you keep that language in check!

DOWN WITH CENSORSHIP!!!

I agree, there should be an option to remove the chat filter. Furthermore, rather than deleting NSFW Symbol Arts, they should just get identified to be filtered out when blocked or reported, and those who do want to see them, can disable that filter. The game is now rated M again after they switched from T at launch even though it was M in the beta, so there's no real reason for any of this filtering.

kfPbkMI.png

I did find it silly that a game that allows you to create overly sexualized and scantly dressed waifus doesn't allow for language filter. This is not a deal breaker for me, but it makes it difficult to understand what people are saying in lobby chat.

@Home-Rowed said in Add an option to toggle the profanity filter:

I agree, there should be an option to remove the chat filter. Furthermore, rather than deleting NSFW Symbol Arts, they should just get identified to be filtered out when blocked or reported, and those who do want to see them, can disable that filter.

This is something I stated a whike back. Instead of banning players, or their art, just create a filter. Perhaps even give the players an option to check box a setting, that states that the art itself is for mature audiences, or has content not everyone will agree with, so that the symbol art will only be seen by those that have the filter shut off. It would reduce the number of reports the moderators have to deal with, and would help in them focusing those bots more. It wouldn't be much different than the chat filter already in place. Also tie the chat filter to they symbol art filter, so that chat can then be uncensored, as (UwU) of all things had even been censored in chat, and thay upset some players.

Apparently an RMT bot was using that specific phrase a while back or something, so it got added to the filter. Dont know if thats the real reason, but either way, a toggle system on filters in game in general, would allow those that take issue with some of the stuff that happens in game, to allow for their safe spaces, all while not hindering those that can deal with the odd bunch that makes crude or lewd symbol art. Basically, what I'm saying is to keep the filter, but advance the design, so that its player choice, similar to what other MMO's have done, so that players no longer have the need to effect things for one group or another. It's far better than what we currently have at any rate, which is players trying to control other players, or players that want to ruin the experience of others.