How viable is it to play completely F2P?

I know buying Ragol fashion pack isn't f2p anymore but I feel like it's a good idea.. You get a month premium, 12 scratch tickets, various boosts, and the ragol memories which can be exchanged for cosmetics from pso... Chat(Sato) is one of those.. He's a mag and I'm sure will be worth a lot. After market stabilizes!

@BFGesus said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

If you're a serious player like me who grinds for the best stuff in the game then being a free player isn't viable without premium.

You can easily grind for the best stuff without premium, don't say lies like that.

I wouldn't say easily, well maybe I would just not as easily as premium. It's all do able f2p you aren't wrong just easier premium. Time is money >.<

@Nostalgia said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

I wouldn't say easily, well maybe I would just not as easily as premium. It's all do able f2p you aren't wrong just easier premium. Time is money >.<

Having to grind more doesn't make it harder, it makes it longer.

Point is this whole "you NEED premium" thing is a lie.

@Subject-Astra I agree 100%, you do not need premium at all, it's just nice to have..I am assuming you are premium like myself?

@Subject-Astra I agree 100%, you do not need premium at all, it's just nice to have..I am assuming you are premium like myself?

When i played on the JP servers, i had it. They also gave out the premium tickets every once in a while, so even if you were pure F2P, you'd still have access to it now and then.

@Subject-Astra said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

If you're a serious player like me who grinds for the best stuff in the game then being a free player isn't viable without premium.

You can easily grind for the best stuff without premium, don't say lies like that.

I think that person has the same mindset as a person who posted on GameFAQs the other day. That being, they think that the QoL of having the extra premium storage is required and not just Qol, even though it is just QoL.

@Subject-Astra ❤ freebies. Hope to see some free premium action.. So you do not play NA? Or you do f2p?

@Subject-Astra ❤ freebies. Hope to see some free premium action.. So you do not play NA? Or you do f2p?

Kinda hard to play on NA right now when i don't have an Xbox One lol. I'm still waiting for the PC version.

@Subject-Astra oh shit, you missed some items! Will transfer to pc after release.

@Subject-Astra And to all the other people disagreeing consider this. The best armor set in the game at this point is the saiki set. On ship 1 the cheapest saiki set rn is 10 mil and two of the units have no slots while the third has two slots. It's the best set in the game, but with no augments it's not the best. So let's say you can find one for 1 mil like I did but it has one or no slots. You need to upslot it to 4 so you can put the best damage augments on it which are one of the noble augments, one of the tier V damage augments, apprentice soul, and modulator. I play a ranger so I need range power. At this time there are no noble precision augments for sale and the cheapest 4-slot unit with it is 8.4 mil. There are no units with tier V, and the cheapest unit with tier IV and 4 slots is 15.7 mil, which means I'll have to buy several units with tier III and build my way up to tier V which will cost me hundreds of thousands if not a few million to do. The cheapest 4-slot unit with modulator is 5.2 mil with the next being 8.4 mil. Adding all this up is a ton of money and that's just for ONE 4-SLOT SAIKI UNIT! Now you have to augment two more units and at least two 13* weapons if ranger is your class.

So now where are you gonna get the money to afford this? You don't have a shop to sell things. I've spent 10k in FUN and have only gotten ONE 3-day shop pass. I have over 300 hours on my current character and have made 20 mil in that time doing orders and NPCing things. I spent about 16 mil the other night buying a cannon revolsio, getting it to +33, and putting 3 augments on it.

So unless I'm doing something wrong, don't sit there and tell me and other serious non-premium players that playing non-premium is viable if you have the goal of obtaining close to the best gear in the game.

So now where are you gonna get the money to afford this?

How exactly do you think people get money in videogames in the first place? Begging the GMs?

They GRIND. Enough with lying, it's getting old. Everyone is telling you why you're wrong and you keep ignoring it.

@Subject-Astra And to all the other people disagreeing consider this. The best armor set in the game at this point is the saiki set. On ship 1 the cheapest saiki set rn is 10 mil and two of the units have no slots while the third has two slots. It's the best set in the game, but with no augments it's not the best. So let's say you can find one for 1 mil like I did but it has one or no slots. You need to upslot it to 4 so you can put the best damage augments on it which are one of the noble augments, one of the tier V damage augments, apprentice soul, and modulator. I play a ranger so I need range power. At this time there are no noble precision augments for sale and the cheapest 4-slot unit with it is 8.4 mil. There are no units with tier V, and the cheapest unit with tier IV and 4 slots is 15.7 mil, which means I'll have to buy several units with tier III and build my way up to tier V which will cost me hundreds of thousands if not a few million to do. The cheapest 4-slot unit with modulator is 5.2 mil with the next being 8.4 mil. Adding all this up is a ton of money and that's just for ONE 4-SLOT SAIKI UNIT! Now you have to augment two more units and at least two 13* weapons if ranger is your class.

So now where are you gonna get the money to afford this? You don't have a shop to sell things. I've spent 10k in FUN and have only gotten ONE 3-day shop pass. I have over 300 hours on my current character and have made 20 mil in that time doing orders and NPCing things. I spent about 16 mil the other night buying a cannon revolsio, getting it to +33, and putting 3 augments on it.

So unless I'm doing something wrong, don't sit there and tell me and other serious non-premium players that playing non-premium is viable if you have the goal of obtaining close to the best gear in the game.

you do NOT need "the best gear" for anything though. Everything is perfectly viable with an y gear and you can do most, if not all of the work yourself to make your "best gear". You don't need to buy someone else's. Even if you couldn't do the work yourself and chose to buy from another player, you can make at least 3 million Meseta a week, which is a LOT for an MMO. Most MMOs don't allow you to make a fraction of that in a week that I have played. It only takes a short while each day also, apparently. Selling stuff is only a time saver, but you can't pretend it isn't easy to make money in-game

@Ragnawind said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

you do NOT need "the best gear" for anything though. Everything is perfectly viable with an y gear and you can do most, if not all of the work yourself to make your "best gear". You don't need to buy someone else's. Even if you couldn't do the work yourself and chose to buy from another player, you can make at least 3 million Meseta a week, which is a LOT for an MMO. Most MMOs don't allow you to make a fraction of that in a week that I have played. It only takes a short while each day also, apparently. Selling stuff is only a time saver, but you can't pretend it isn't easy to make money in-game

It's like this guy legit thinks that grinding is P2W or impossible.

lol

For a start, at no point in this game will you be losing because you don't have a saiki set. You don't even need 11* units to be able to do the current content, let alone the top tier units; most 10* units are just fine with some grinding. On top of that, buying them isn't the only way to get them. You can just, you know. Grind Super Hard Advance Quests for them, and get your own Saikis with some effort. And even if you do get one with low slots, you upslot it with skills like ARKS Fever and then affix it proper. Is that expensive and frustrating? Sure - but all affixes are. That's the game; and you can't even pay to fix that one.

In short: You can get literally everything - units, weapons, affix fodder and even perform your affixes, without spending a single dollar on AC or premium. Spending meseta to buy things directly is a shortcut afford to literally anyone who has enough meseta - and you can earn well over a million meseta a week even just casually playing.

Maybe what you're "doing wrong" is focusing so hard on a very narrow, but incredibly vague, concept of "the best" and chasing it without much planning or thought, and blindly spending a lot of your resources on it and somehow trying to conflate the effort involved in obtaining items outright, with spending real life money which has literally nothing to do with the issues presented because at best spending money on boosters can ease the RNG, not outright negate it, premium gets you a small boost and free access to a shop - which doesn't help if you have nothing to sell or are incapable of identifying what items are worth what or spend your resources poorly. Spending money on AC doesn't solve any of your problems. Just look at how many topics there have been about people complaining their 400% boosters don't give them enough 13* drops, or that they used one and didn't get what they wanted, therefore RNG must be broken.

But double lol at the idea of you flipping so hard over "the best" of anything but settling for 4 slots. My dude, you can't get so worked up over min/maxing and half ass it like that. Go big or go home, eight slot all of your gear - you're disappointing me.