How viable is it to play completely F2P?

Yes, it's absolutely viable to play without spending a cent. With that said, your level of enjoyment is subjective to how you play. Part of my "enjoyment" are the different costumes and interacting with other players.

@Subject-Astra said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

@IfrianMMO said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

There is not a single hating post in this entire thread.

Never said it was in this thread. Apparently you can't even read correctly, i'm sorry dude.

Do yourself a favor and simply block them. All they do is whine in their posts.

Game is 100% viable without paying. The only benefits of paying are luxury stuff that isn't needed.

This post is deleted!

i think the best thing to do if you want to be able to play all the classes as a free player would be to make 1 character a melee focus character, 1 a tech focused character and 1 a range focused character. what i mean by this is with the free mag every character gets make each char focus on 1 (200 tech atk on 1 , 200 ranged attack on1 and 200 melee attack on 1) . the only ones i am not 100% how viable that is on would be hybrid classes like jet boots or braver which i believe relie both on tech and phyical?. with the exseption being heroes that i know of that have the ability hero's mag making for a 200 p atk mag to also give 200 t atk and r atk if i read that right

as for cosmetics you can always save your mesta and buy them off other players.

@IfrianMMO said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

You should feel sorry for yourself

Is that reflection i see?

This post is deleted!

On JP I have multiple classes at 90 with the only purchase I've ever made being $3 for an extra Mag. And even that wasn't necessary, I just didn't want to put in the effort to fix my original.

Inventory management is pretty much the only thing that'll get you in the end, but even that isn't a huge deal since you can deposit items into storage from anywhere, even mid-quest.

I have been on JP for 6 years now and am eagerly waiting to play on NA. Buying things is a chore, not only because of the language barrier but also the hoops you had to jump through to get US dollars converted to Yen, so I rarely ever did it. When I did put money into it (around $200 over the course of 6 years.. so around 30-35 bucks a year..) it was only for cosmetics. This game is TOTALLY viable to play without spending a dime. I never felt like I was behind other players. The cash shop in JP could be a bit of a trap however, buying certain convenience items was totally not worth the cost, while certain things like 30day Premium were a good value. So do some research if you ever decide to drop cash into the game. Otherwise, the game is pretty fun and complete without having to dump moolah into it. Much of everything loot wise is all RNG anyway, its not worth putting too much money into that mechanic.

Now I WILL acknowledge that the US version has a slightly different monetization model going on... Watching my brother play, he doesn't get as many freebies thrown at him as I do on the JP version, but the more rigid model doesn't rely AS heavily on gatcha games (aka lootboxes.) So only time will tell if they keep with the spirit of the game and do not use some kind of predatory tactic to change that feeling. I'm optimistic, but will be wary.

If you're a serious player like me who grinds for the best stuff in the game then being a free player isn't viable without premium. If you're a casual player then you can get by without spending a dime.

@Scribblemonk if you can get access to PSOes and the tweeker for it you can use google play to pay for AC that way, I even used bluestacks to set it up worked just fine

@BFGesus said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

If you're a serious player like me who grinds for the best stuff in the game then being a free player isn't viable without premium. If you're a casual player then you can get by without spending a dime.

You can definitely get the top tier stuff without premium, my dude. You can even get it without using any rare drop or tri boosters. Trying to conflate "serious" with "spends money" is silly.

@Nuebot said in How viable is it to play completely F2P?:

You can definitely get the top tier stuff without premium, my dude. You can even get it without using any rare drop or tri boosters. Trying to conflate "serious" with "spends money" is silly.

I can attest to this and getting Weapons Badge 2020 gear on PSO2JP without much trouble. The amount of weapon badges that drops is not affected by boosts.

It absolutely viable the only real thing is with premium you can make money faster by selling stuff but for the most part no matter f2p or p2p the game will be a grind, granted not all the time but as a free player you will definitely need to work more for the money which is still not hard, just have your 3 free characters on the same ship and do all your daily’s/weeklys and the cafe missions that give 100k per mission(atm there is 5) I think he refreshes every week (7days) could be sooner, but with part Said you will mostly want to speed SG on material storage just for gathering tho you can try and make it work with character Storage but you’ll have to move a lot of stuff around

This is blatantly false. Premium does give a small triboost, but it's FAR from required. If anything being a "serious player who grinds for the best stuff" makes playing for free MORE viable, because unless you have extraordinarily bad luck with drops you should easily get solid gear from SHUQs, and you can fill in the gaps in your drops off the player shop.

Let's just be productive and have a good time. ^~^'