Full Item Descriptions Not Present

So I don't know if this has been brought up yet on here (friends have mentioned it a few times ingame), but item descriptions seem to be bugged right now or non existant. In the Japanese game, most items, weapons, armor, costumes, etc. have some small, fun flavor text to go with them. In NA PSO2, this doesn't exist, UNLESS you enable the Japanese language text feature. Compare these: alt text alt text

As you can probably tell without even knowing the language, these descriptions are entirely different with the Japanese one mentioning the Xbox brand outright. The English version has the same generic outer wear description as everything else. This persists with most other known items as said before, such as weapons, armor, outfits, layered wear and room items. I believe this is in error and, if not, should definitely be fixed regardless.

Something I neglected to note; this happens for many client orders too. The NPCs have a small diatribe that goes with the order, but often this isn't present in NA's English mode.

The problem is that the translators and/or entire PSO2 North American staff don't really care.

There are a lot of items and dialog that are either:

1. Incorrectly translated
  2. Have poor grammar
  3. Lazily translated
  4. Have placeholder text put in instead.

A majority of the problems noticed in the closed beta weren't even addressed from open beta to going gold.

It's really sad and I doubt they will be updated.

The staff is doing the absolute bare minimum to get the game played over here and it shows, which is why I've stopped playing.

Stuff like blank client orders and the problem of the map area STILL BEING OUT OF BOUNDS ON 4K SCALING SETTINGS SINCE CLOSED BETA show an absolute lack of giving a damn by SEGA. (I mean, really, how long would it have taken to change the X position of where the map area shows up in 4K Large or other settings? Should be a simple number change and placed with one of the other little updates... but, like I said, they don't really care.)

Perhaps, in the future, SEGA will hire someone or another group to go in and actually do proper translations of things, fix grammar errors, fix blank dialog and make sure things appear correctly on screen after translated... But everyone shouldn't hold their breath for this. I'd say 99% chance of this NOT happening.

@Nimble-Banana said in Full Item Descriptions Not Present:

The problem is that the translators and/or entire PSO2 North American staff don't really care.

There are a lot of items and dialog that are either:

1. Incorrectly translated
  2. Have poor grammar
  3. Lazily translated
  4. Have placeholder text put in instead.

A majority of the problems noticed in the closed beta weren't even addressed from open beta to going gold.

It's really sad and I doubt they will be updated.

The staff is doing the absolute bare minimum to get the game played over here and it shows, which is why I've stopped playing.

Stuff like blank client orders and the problem of the map area STILL BEING OUT OF BOUNDS ON 4K SCALING SETTINGS SINCE CLOSED BETA show an absolute lack of giving a damn by SEGA. (I mean, really, how long would it have taken to change the X position of where the map area shows up in 4K Large or other settings? Should be a simple number change and placed with one of the other little updates... but, like I said, they don't really care.)

Perhaps, in the future, SEGA will hire someone or another group to go in and actually do proper translations of things, fix grammar errors, fix blank dialog and make sure things appear correctly on screen after translated... But everyone shouldn't hold their breath for this. I'd say 99% chance of this NOT happening.

Thank you for this feedback. I'll be passing this along.