Zaro's Summoner Build! ;D

I'm not all that confident in this summoner build since I haven't really played it as much. So I will do my best to answer any questions you might have about it! = 3= unknown[1].png

So, I assume this is a build that uses Gunner as a sub and sticking a bunch of SP into Ranged PWR Up, thus the use of Pet Switch Shot?

Gunner as a subclass was heavily gutted a number of years ago on JP due to how egregious Su/Gu was -- It's really not worth running anymore. Su/Fi with Switch Strike is an infinitely better choice.

The Summoner part of your build seems fine, though Long Distance Love is pretty valuable - it's probably worth it to take one point out of All Attacks Up, Pet Element PP Restorate, or Pet Recovery to pick that up.

Also, Massive Mate isn't that good for Summoner. Dear Master'll keep you alive through nearly anything regardless - there's no reason to spend SP on something that heals your character.

@AndrlCh It was the build that I had when I was trying to unlock Hero class.

@airoh2197 I think it would be better to take it out of Harmonize Up since with Sympathy Time, even lv3 on Harmonize Up is usually frequent enough to keep Sympathy active.

@airoh2197 said in Zaro's Summoner Build! ;D:

Gunner as a subclass was heavily gutted a number of years ago on JP due to how egregious Su/Gu was -- It's really not worth running anymore. Su/Fi with Switch Strike is an infinitely better choice.

The Summoner part of your build seems fine, though Long Distance Love is pretty valuable - it's probably worth it to take one point out of All Attacks Up, Pet Element PP Restorate, or Pet Recovery to pick that up.

Show me the build! ;D

@AndrlCh Taking it out of Pet Recovery only docks you .5% HP per 5 seconds. 5/5 Harmonize Up is really valuable as your damage suffers without that +20% from Pet Sympathy.

@Zarozian https://bit.ly/39FjamN

This build is preferable because you get access to the huge damage increase of Valiant Stance, the utility of Adrenaline, and the flat-bonuses of Fighter's Melee Power Ups.

@airoh2197 Different strokes, I guess. I have personally never had an issue keeping Sympathy active at all times with just lv3 Harmonize Up, though it is possible I have just been lucky in the RNG of the calls.

That said, the build you have there is definitely a good balance of the Skills based on the SP we have.

@AndrlCh Yeah, at the end of the day the placement of the final couple SP shouldn't matter too much. As long as people are on Su/Fi instead of Su/Gu then I'm down.

@airoh2197 said in Zaro's Summoner Build! ;D:

@Zarozian https://bit.ly/39FjamN

This build is preferable because you get access to the huge damage increase of Valiant Stance, the utility of Adrenaline, and the flat-bonuses of Fighter's Melee Power Ups.

I c I c! Noted!