AC tickets for European players

Just need to find a site that sells US xbox gift cards, there is a few out there. Play Asia is probably the most reputable one but it also ends up being one of the more expensive. CD keys Had some for awhile but currently sold out, Thankfully I have a contact in the US I can trust and I just PayPal the money to them to buy of the US Amazon site.

As stated, your best bet, though a bit more expensive is Play-Asia. You can use any currency you want from any country to get the Microsoft Currency cards, so long as they support that region, at least, though I think they support everywhere. You then just need to redeem it and buy what you want. You might need to have your region set to the US when you redeem it and make purchases, though.

This is something they seriously need to address soon or they are going to lose both revenue and players.

Not everyone is willing to use "Strange websites" they never used before or pay extra for something everyone else gets cheaper.

And above that, just like many of you refused to play PSO2JP because you wanted "an official release" for your country and easy and fairness of payment, so do Europeans wish for the same, and it is fair to assume a portion of them will simply decide not to spend.

PSO2 is already not a game that attracts as much players and revenue as WoW or FFXIV, do we really want to risk more and more players deciding not to spend money or feeling alienated and leaving the game?

Economic failure was one of the problems PSU had, perhaps we may want to avoid it this time around?

@IfrianMMO said in AC tickets for European players:

This is something they seriously need to address soon or they are going to lose both revenue and players.

Not everyone is willing to use "Strange websites" they never used before or pay extra for something everyone else gets cheaper.

And above that, just like many of you refused to play PSO2JP because you wanted "an official release" for your country and easy and fairness of payment, so do Europeans wish for the same, and it is fair to assume a portion of them will simply decide not to spend.

PSO2 is already not a game that attracts as much players and revenue as WoW or FFXIV, do we really want to risk more and more players deciding not to spend money or feeling alienated and leaving the game?

Economic failure was one of the problems PSU had, perhaps we may want to avoid it this time around?

Unfortunately, that is not for customers to decide. As the Team already stated, this release is for USA and Canada, but they aren't region-lcoking it to prevent people from playing. They just can't, for various legal reasons, support them. Supporting them would be enabling the use of currencies outside of their legally available regions. Another thing to note is that this is specifically called PSO2 NA for a reason. It might not include Mexico, which is part of NA, as well, but that is just another part of legal issues for various reasons. It is also very likely because Microsoft paid to have the game brought over and they might have only been able to secure rights from US and Canada. After their exclusivity wears off, anything can happen, including making new legal arrangements to release in more regions, unless Microsoft forks over the extra cash to release it in other regions, which would only be possible from regions they operate in specifically.

@Aurack Thanks for keeping us informed. I tried different stuff and searched for possible solutions. Only thing that might work is changing your address to one in US or a trick to buy it from Japanese Sega site if that still works. Changing address is no go for me and can't be bothered to do all the steps with my CC.

@Bl4h I looked at buying a US gift card, but to activate it you also need a US account. You can try changing into a US address like a school or something but my account is tied with my family and I'm not gonna mess with that.

@Ragnawind Xbox support in the Netherlands is like none existent. I don't think it will get a European release, it's really a shame. I still don't get why they put a mag behind a paywall. They could at least make it a one time reward for say a 30 day login or something.

@Ragnawind said in AC tickets for European players:

@IfrianMMO said in AC tickets for European players:

Unfortunately, that is not for customers to decide. As the Team already stated, this release is for USA and Canada, but they aren't region-lcoking it to prevent people from playing. They just can't, for various legal reasons, support them. Supporting them would be enabling the use of currencies outside of their legally available regions. Another thing to note is that this is specifically called PSO2 NA for a reason. It might not include Mexico, which is part of NA, as well, but that is just another part of legal issues for various reasons. It is also very likely because Microsoft paid to have the game brought over and they might have only been able to secure rights from US and Canada. After their exclusivity wears off, anything can happen, including making new legal arrangements to release in more regions, unless Microsoft forks over the extra cash to release it in other regions, which would only be possible from regions they operate in specifically.

You are not wrong, i do agree with you.

That does not take away the fact it can have quite negative consequences.

Also just in case i was not clear enough, when i say "Perhaps we may want to avoid it this time around" i was not referring to the customers, which as you very well said, have no real power over it, but more in a figurative sense, as in, our representatives/publishers.

Just received more information from an XBOX EU player since the staff didn't answer my ticket yet. Seems like it'll be the same as some members posted before; you'll have to buy a Microsoft gift card from a 3rd site ( Ebay for example, Play asia .... ) then redeem them in-game.

The main problem is that you'll have to put an actual USA direction there ( I don't even know if it's legal to do that ).

We'll have to wait until PC version comes out, maybe they'll set up another method to invest outside NA region ( hope so, if not, how they'll keep alive NA version? ).

It would be nice if a GM or another person can give us more information.

I'll keep informing here as soon as I have more info.

It might not include Mexico, which is part of NA, as well, but that is just another part of legal issues for various reasons.

[citation needed]

We don't actually know why Mexico was left out and we probably never will. Apparently Canada's gaming market isn't as profitable as Mexico's so that can't be it.

@Aurack said in AC tickets for European players:

The main problem is that you'll have to put an actual USA direction there ( I don't even know if it's legal to do that ).

It isn't but western players aren't supposed to be on the Japanese servers either...

Meanwhile at SEGA

d7292078-d9f6-4c2d-8834-4f4c5c0f0006-image.png

I'm also a Euro player (England) and getting an Xbox gift card in $ is no issue, but is there any way to activate it so we can use the in-game store?

@NE0-REL0ADED said in AC tickets for European players:

I'm also a Euro player (England) and getting an Xbox gift card in $ is no issue, but is there any way to activate it so we can use the in-game store?

You should just have to change your region to US, remove any stored payment info on your account, if any, redeem the card on your account and make the purchases.

@NE0-REL0ADED said in AC tickets for European players:

Upi should just have to change your region to US, remove any stored payment info on your account, if any, redeem the card on your account and make the purchases.

Thanks for the reply. Isn't there a lock out period though from changing my region back to Europe?

@NE0-REL0ADED thats not the problem the problem is not being able to get ac in a normal way (needing a us adress) and SEGA evading this topic