Bad communication? Or something else?

I tried, but I couldn't help myself.

I see a lot of posts mentioning bad communication. Usually those posts centered around timelines for release. Which is something they communicated last year. Now I know people wanted exact dates, but this wouldn't be the first time a game didn't give an exact release date until that very day. DCUO on Xbox One is an example

Yet when it comes to other things pertaining to this game, I don't see this bad communication. What I constantly see is people somehow not receiving information that is put out. I have missed information that was put out, so I am guilty as well.

We have people asking about the same topics that have been communicated for months. Yet people are still asking about the same stuff. This information is all over. So is it truly bad communication, or something else?

I know some will try to start conflicts over this post, and if the GMs want to delete it, go right ahead. Yet I don't understand how you all allow people to berate this game, and don't defend it when it's easily defensible.

We have people asking about the same topics that have been communicated for months. Yet people are still asking about the same stuff. This information is all over. So is it truly bad communication, or something else?

It constantly happens on reddit, people ignore stickied posts even.

@coldreactive I'm glad you replied. You informed me about the Late May time frame. Before you told me and provided a link, I didn't read the whole article. Once you informed me, I didn't try to justify not knowing or berate the information. I accepted that I didn't know prior to. And I also didn't make a post asking when in May? Of course I play on Xbox, and I doubt I'll play this on PC.

It happens on YouTube too with descriptions. That's why I personally always mirror the description in a pinned comment on my uploads.

People also don't read replies to comment threads before replying, nothing I can do about that one though... (doesn't help that it's never on my own channels because I usually don't get comments anymore (or views...) and the ones I do get are rarely ever conversation starter material but even if it was...)

The problem is the internet. Dun dun duuuun! Cliche saying

But in all seriousness, due to search engines, Facebook, Instagram, online assignments, and a myriad of other things we are exposed to on the internet, as a population we have worsened our habits of "skimming" rather than actually reading what is in front of us.

That and social media has taught everyone to just ask a question for someone else to answer rather than looking for the answer.

JPR is looking for recommendations

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Bad communication? Or something else?:

But in all seriousness, due to search engines, Facebook, Instagram, online assignments, and a myriad of other things we are exposed to on the internet, as a population we have worsened our habits of "skimming" rather than actually reading what is in front of us.

That and social media has taught everyone to just ask a question for someone else to answer rather than looking for the answer.

I'm just glad I was raised in the olden days of GameFAQs and Neoseeker text guides, some of which are novel-sized. I was born to read.

Let's also not forget Hypercards.

Speak for yourself, I only do that as a last resort most of the time myself because I grew up on Prodigy, Compuserve, AOL and Yahoo and Google search.

Much like how I don't expect what I say to exist in a vacuum. Twitter culture has trained people to be surprised when someone digs up your old tweets and gets you fired over it. (Which is a jerk move but if you didn't stand behind those tweets, you should have deleted them because someone will find them eventually, I mean Linkara gets shifta for stupid stuff he did as a teenager (mostly because he was a big part of Channel "Awesome" and they had no real dirt on him), nothing old is safe from scrutiny, especially if lots of people have their eyes on you but I guess I'm not really one to talk, there's tons of stupid things I've said in the past I can't be bothered to wipe but I'm not a celebrity and prefer to stay in the shadows anyway. I'm not responsible enough for fame, though I do want to entertain at least a small crowd, wouldn't still be making content on the internet if I didn't)

Also people saying dumb stuff and expecting to get away with it because they think that's how the internet works because of that aforementioned "twitter culture" like that one celeb who tweeted before going on an airplane only to land and find they got tons of hate.

Gamefaqs was the shit. Also psoworld was cool during PSO1 era

@coldreactive said in Bad communication? Or something else?:

I'm just glad I was raised in the olden days of GameFAQs and Neoseeker text guides, some of which are novel-sized. I was born to read.

Let's also not forget Hypercards

@Mattwo7 said in Bad communication? Or something else?:

Speak for yourself, I only do that as a last resort most of the time myself because I grew up on Prodigy, Compuserve, AOL and Yahoo and Google search.

Much like how I don't expect what I say to exist in a vacuum. Twitter culture has trained people to be surprised when someone digs up your old tweets and gets you fired over it. (Which is a jerk move but if you didn't stand behind those tweets, you should have deleted them because someone will find them eventually, I mean Linkara gets shifta for stupid stuff he did as a teenager (mostly because he was a big part of Channel "Awesome" and they had no real dirt on him), nothing old is safe from scrutiny, especially if lots of people have their eyes on you but I guess I'm not really one to talk, there's tons of stupid things I've said in the past I can't be bothered to wipe but I'm not a celebrity and prefer to stay in the shadows anyway. I'm not responsible enough for fame, though I do want to entertain at least a small crowd, wouldn't still be making content on the internet if I didn't)

Also people saying dumb stuff and expecting to get away with it because they think that's how the internet works because of that aforementioned "twitter culture" like that one celeb who tweeted before going on an airplane only to land and find they got tons of hate.

You actively seem to think people care about what you specifically do or say mate.

these are discussion forums, and this may be a shock to you but the community managers of NA (this website) have very little to do with the game. There's probably a protocol for passing information, receiving updates, and what they are allowed to communicate on or not. They're mouthpieces of JP. Seriously, if i were on this team i'd be advocating my arse off to change maintenance times and communicate why in god's name they are taking down the NA version of a game during NA primetime every week.

This so called open beta, changed nothing about the game. There was no patch on release date, no feedback loop. It wasn't an open beta, it was giving xbox one a headstart on a finished product that was stripped down to make a few bucks. The only development this game had was breaking up a complete game, to resell to NA.

this game has been translated to english, it's been on console, and it's been out 8 years. What exactly is there to communicate? The devs know it, the community management team for NA knows it. If sega said , "hey we're going to release pso2 in NA spring of 2020, but only up to episode 3, you'll have to pay xbox live to play, then pay the premium on top of that just to trade...looking forward to seeing you!" , i bet a lot of jp vets wouldn't even have come over.

the only things that have been done here, are the ones where you get stuff for free. gamepass perks changed, and exploits where people got away with having to pay for stuff.

These companies do this, because gamers allow them to. This is no different than people complaining about FIFA points, getting an awful game worse each year, and yet still throwing money at the screen.

There are going to be people that are just stumbling on this game, that love it. THey have no clue what is what, phantasy star being out in japan for 8 years is not a thought. They don't come here, because most people that aren't critical of the game, provide content, or are just happy with it aren't coming here. The forum base is always a small population of the voice. Sega and whatever company is in charge of listening to NA doesn't really care about the complaints of people that have been playing this for 8 years. They are pushing a "new" game in NA. Grabbing people that have never heard of this.

This game isn't about phantasy star fans. this is about getting people new who don't know better. If i never played japan, and stumbled upon this game it'd be the best thing since sliced bread. I'd have no idea what was going on until a couple months later when i was getting bored, coming to this website to find an update and finding out just how much of this game is missing on NA.

communication is controlled by sega, bad, good, or non-existent, it doesn't matter. We have what we have which is a stripped down game that will be "caught up" in chunks. There's no development, or news or any changes NA will get because the game is already friggin done. Communication will be "hi, maintenance window in NA primetime, here's an npc meme, and look some trickled out costumes, please spend 25$ on top of the 25$ you spend monthly just to traide, thanks arks!"

@Taconight1977 Are you saying this may be a shock to me, or are you speaking in general?

@Taconight1977 said in Bad communication? Or something else?:

We have what we have which is a stripped down game that will be "caught up" in chunks.

.....like literally EVERY SINGLE MMO that gets ported.

People really like doing huge walls of text of incoherent ranting that completely forget actual facts and detail just to fit their narrative.

@Subject-Astra said in Bad communication? Or something else?:

We have what we have which is a stripped down game that will be "caught up" in chunks.

.....like literally EVERY SINGLE MMO that gets ported.

Yes, and we all know that, in the last couple years, the asian mmos that have been ported in the West have been doing really well, have they not?

PSO2SEA = Dead/Shutdown

MapleStory 2 = Dead/Shut Down

Bless Online = Dead/Shut Down

Astelia Online = Nearly dead (400 players on charts)

Riders of Icarus = Nearly dead (700 players on charts)

Should i continue?

@IfrianMMO said in Bad communication? Or something else?:

Astelia Online = Nearly dead (400 players on charts)

This doesn't help either: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1185560/discussions/0/1751276729200057751/

MapleStory 2 = Dead/Shut Down

Game automatically kicks you out if you have cheat engine installed, every 5 minutes (not even running. Has to be installed in default location.)

Seriously, if i were on this team i'd be advocating my arse off to change maintenance times and communicate why in god's name they are taking down the NA version of a game during NA primetime every week.

Which is exactly what happened. Based on their wording, this is the new time for maintenance every time they have it from now on. That time being at 11PM PDT, instead of 4PM PDT: