How to GET GOOD at Dark Falz Luther (Video)

pso2-Luther.png

Quite a few of you are banging your head against Dark Falz Luther, so I thought I'd set the record straight with how you should approach it. Not to mention, at what point you should maybe choose a lower difficulty to stop wasting your and everyone elses time.

Watch it: https://youtu.be/0F_AjgNYVZ4

Nice vid

The guide has some factual errors i.e. hitting the beak when luther is standing up (can't do it). Basically you want to go Arm, shoulder, Arm, shoulder, Clock, Gems, and Beak. Hitting the neck before both shoulders are broken can make breaking the other arm take longer because he will move into fast mode, but people aren't focusing arms or shoulders, are failing clock break, and are beating on the neck, so a lot of runs flop.

There is so much misinformation floating around this boss... I heard you had to cast blind on the clock or use wind type melee weapons w blind augment in SH... is that factual? Also, do you have to keep re-breaking the arms if he is able to heal and replace gauntlets?

@Tido-Fresh-25 said in How to GET GOOD at Dark Falz Luther (Video):

There is so much misinformation floating around this boss... I heard you had to cast blind on the clock or use wind type melee weapons w blind augment in SH... is that factual? Also, do you have to keep re-breaking the arms if he is able to heal and replace gauntlets?

You do have to inflict Blind on the Clock to get it to open, this is true for all difficulties. The weapon does not have to be Wind, just have Blind I as an augment, but since he is weak to Wind and Light, you get a slight damage bonus if your weapon is one of those; these two facts may have ended up being combined into a single recommendation for simplicity's sake, I'm guessing. However, Wind Techs have a greater chance of inflicting Blind, so as Melee or Ranged you are not obligated to have Blind as an augment on your main weapon, but it never hurts to have it on a backup just in case there are no cooperative casters.

You need to keep breaking the gauntlets as they don't count as "broken" until you also break the upper arm weakpoint, at that point the gauntlets will stay broken and their loot table will be added to the Crystal.