Transfer character to another ship

Even though I haven't played the JP version of PSO 2, due to issue with my laptop, but I was wondering if was possible to transfer our character to another ship to play with our friends. I did heard that in JP they made you pay 700 AC to get your character transfer. But what if someone couldn't afford to get AC and wanted to earn for free like playing those episodes. Which reminds me there should be other ways to get AC beside buying it and if there is please let me know how. However, it'll be nice to transfer to other ships freely with your character beside starting all over. ^_^"

There's no way to get it for free I'm afraid. It's also not yet available. In addition, said player has to wait until maintenance for it to be moved after purchasing the ship transfer.

@coldreactive I understand ^_^" was worth try to get it for free haha. After the maintenance would it cost 700 AC like in the JP version? Sorry for asking a lot of questions.

@xDarkSoulBeastx said in Transfer character to another ship:

@coldreactive I understand ^_^" was worth try to get it for free haha. After the maintenance would it cost 700 AC like in the JP version? Sorry for asking a lot of questions.

Let me rephrase. Ship transfers are only executed during a maintenance. Meaning, once ship transfers are added to the game, you first have to purchase it in the AC Shop/etc. then your character will be queued to be ship transferred when the next maintenance after your purchase occurs.

if no maintenance is planned, you will never be transferred.

Ooooh okay.. Thank you ^_^

Im willing to bet when they open all the Ships they will provide a FREE Ship transfer pass initially. They know that people will want to link up with friends on Xbox and PC. Remember they basically funneled people into 2 ships at first.

I agree this sucks please allow freedom to transfer between ships without having to start over

I wonder if your storage will transfer too...I doubt it though

@Nostalgia said in Transfer character to another ship:

I wonder if your storage will transfer too...I doubt it though

Most storage does transfer. I think it was only the storage shared between characters on that ship that doesn't transfer.

@Ragnawind that is a relief. Thank you oh wise JP veteran ^~^

Now...if only the market would remain the same across all of the ships.

Now...if only the market would remain the same across all of the ships.

Cross-Server markets is hard for most MMORPGs to do. Pretty much no free to play has the capacity to do it. Some free to plays are bad enough server-side that they require you to physically open a character shop in the world rather than listing items on a market. (FFXIV actually was like this in 1.0 / Legacy.)

The Elder Scrolls Online is even worse, because markets are limited to NPCs that guilds own in the open world. In order to search a specific market, you have to physically move to that NPC wherever they are, and search them there. Some markets in TESO are located in the middle of no where. Of course, these are all done per server, as you'd expect, since the guild who owns said NPC puts items up for sale via its own guild members. People NOT PART OF THE GUILD cannot list items on them.

Final Fantasy XIV's markets are not cross-world, but Yoshida is still trying to work on that, after he broke down the barriers between worlds using the world visit system. You still can't go cross-data center (IE: cross-Physical servers) and he's said that crossing data centers would be their biggest hurdle out of anything.

Final Fantasy XI will never have cross-world markets, due to the limitations of network infrastructure not allowing even cross-world characters. (512 Kbps maximum connection, even if YOU have a connection with 1+ Gbps.) (Some mods/add-ons for Final Fantasy XI even have to warn players that using them adds packets, as this can lead to lag/faulty connections.)

Guild Wars 2 is still per server market boards, even after megaservers. (This is one reason why there's still a server select list. Other than World Versus World.)

@coldreactive Thanks for the insight! I figured as much.. But it's always nice to have a source with experience to help guide you. A standard would just be nice to have...that would open up the ability to have a site with comprehensive item listing including value and what have you.. Kind of like how tektek was for Gaia!

that would open up the ability to have a site with comprehensive item listing including value and what have you.

Actually, despite Final Fantasy XI having the worst infrastructure of pretty much all ongoing MMOs at present (besides a few honorable mentions) Final Fantasy XI's API allows for Market data to be processed by third party websites: https://www.ffxiah.com/

Final Fantasy XIV used to have this too, but due to them cracking down on bots and not wanting data to be used by third party websites, the feature is scarcely used or has become locked behind a patreon paywall due to bans: https://mogboard.com/ (In order to get this data, due to API restrictions, the people have to maintain dummy characters/accounts that access the market board on every server 24/7. The market data is then scrubbed via a tool that hooks into the game and published to the website.)

@coldreactive oh? I just supposed that a standard was needed for that..What do you think about having a standard for market place?

@coldreactive oh? I just supposed that a standard was needed for that..What do you think about having a standard for market place?

In a game like this, I think that having each ship have a separate market to deter bots/etc. from selling from just one ship is viable for the developer/publisher.