I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@Mattwo7 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Havox3 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Ken, you're confusing me with someone else. I belong neither to Resetera nor Twitter blue checkmarks groups. Jeez, I ask for pop numbers for people playing and someone immediately jumps like I personally insulted them.

Just ignore/block him, he's not worth your time.

Whoa whoa whoa what? If I am not worth a his time, or anyone else.....Then why did you come on a post I created and comment about it? See this is exactly what I am talking about. Yet you'll go tag a GM when your little feelings get hurt by someone on here.

It's obvious with the amount of posting you do and the continued conflicts you are involved in, that you are one of the main causes of conflicts in here. And for the life of me, I don't see how the GMs continue to allow your behavior. Why haven't you block me? Are you trying to start a conflict? Your posts would indicate that you are.

Just ignore/block him, he's not worth your time.

You're confusing someone with yourself Mr. no one likes me and i'm constantly banned.

@ToyWarsKen said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

It's obvious with the amount of posting you do and the continued conflicts you are involved in, that you are one of the main causes of conflicts in here. And for the life of me, I don't see how the GMs continue to allow your behavior. Why haven't you block me? Are you trying to start a conflict? Your posts would indicate that you are.

I'm amazed he hasn't blocked us or gotten banned at this point since he's admitted he's toxic enough to get banned in multiple other places and constantly gets in arguments.

@Subject-Astra Dude, that's what he does in here. And they never do anything about it. It's like he has some type of immunity. Notice how as soon as he can't handle rebuttal he starts a conflict.

Considering how busy the game is during the day and often late at night I don't think we have much to worry about. I have my concerns about management after what happened with PSU, sure, but so far things are relatively smooth sailing. I'm guessing the poor management of PSU is partly to blame for the long delay of PSO2's release in the west, but they have apparently gotten over it. I'm also guessing that having Microsoft throw money at them was also pretty good incentive.

@Risefromruin89 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I'm guessing the poor management of PSU is partly to blame for the long delay of PSO2's release in the west, but they have apparently gotten over it.

Pretty sure that had nothing to do with them deciding to release it here. Microsoft giving them money was all the incentive they needed.

@Mattwo7 , they are talking about the reason the original release was delayed. Many of the issues PSU faced were the result of relations between Sega of America and Sega of Japan (since Sega of America still relied on SOJ for updates and for permission on actions that can be taken regarding the game).

PSO2's original 2013 delay was a decision Sega of Japan made and no matter how much Sega of America wanted the game to be released in the West it was ultimately down to Sega of Japan whether that would happen or not.

@Leonkh99 The fact still remains Sega never "got over it". Sega Japan didn't want to release it here. Period. Money may have changed their minds about releasing it but not their attitude. Besides, PSU failed in Japan too:

the North American and PAL PC/PS2 servers of Phantasy Star Universe were shut down on March 31, 2010.[3] PS2 support for the Japanese servers was discontinued on April 14, 2011. The Xbox 360 servers were shut down on September 7, 2012.[4] The Japanese PC servers were closed as of 00:00 JST on September 28, 2012.

@Leonkh99 The fact still remains Sega never "got over it". Sega Japan didn't want to release it here. Period. Money may have changed their minds about releasing it but not their attitude. Besides, PSU failed in Japan too:

the North American and PAL PC/PS2 servers of Phantasy Star Universe were shut down on March 31, 2010.[3] PS2 support for the Japanese servers was discontinued on April 14, 2011. The Xbox 360 servers were shut down on September 7, 2012.[4] The Japanese PC servers were closed as of 00:00 JST on September 28, 2012.

it sounds to me that it was not so much to do with PSU. if the XBOX servers (im assuming US ) were shut down at a simualr time to the Japanese PC version why they didnt get over it.

i think it has more to do with how much of a fail SEA PSO2 was. i know it was given to another company to run but and this is only a guess they probably though oh an english SEA server didint do well here why would it do well in the US? . Their active policy on activly blocking people as opposed to JPNs which from what i hear was not as hot on it i feel was probably the biggest thing. people probably just stuck with the JPN server as it was less risky of getting banned than SEA.

@Mattwo7 PSU was quite successful in Japan though. The game closed since it was Sega's practice at the time to close their servers for old games they don't plan to support anymore.

@RagnarokSlayer , keep in mind... PSO2 came out in 2012, its Western release was planned for 2013 and also delayed at this time a few months before SEA and TW were announced. Its SEA and Taiwanese release came out in 2014.

@BFGesus They have that kind of.. Gotta spend fun points to get those three day shop passes.

@Leonkh99 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

The game closed since it was Sega's practice at the time to close their servers for old games they don't plan to support anymore.

So wait, you're telling me the game didn't close because it failed? No, I don't think so.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/09/phantasy-star-universe-servers-shutting-down-soon.aspx/ wrote:

The announcement comes from Phantasy Star Universe's GM who said, "This was not an easy decision but there comes a time when we must consider the level of service and support we can provide for an ongoing game, and balance those concerns against preparing for the future, and providing you with new opportunities and new experiences."

That basically translates to "we can't keep the game running because it failed". It's the same general thing the Global Maplestory 2 staff said about GMS2's shut down.

That basically translates to "we can't keep the game running because it failed". It's the same general thing the Global Maplestory 2 staff said about GMS2's shut down.

MapleStory 2 would've been questioned by the EU/UK authorities anyway for scanning user files without asking permission, which is against EU/UK laws. (It did this to see if cheat engine was installed on the system in the default directory of C:\Program Files\Cheat Engine(*.?). Cheat Engine didn't even have to be running.)

Not to mention, MapleStory was still making 4 times as much as MapleStory 2. Nexon just didn't see a point in continuing MapleStory 2's service / development when it could just keep the original going. Unlike a lot of other MMORPG Publishers, who tried to make more and more MMOs. (IE: Ether Saga Odyssey/Online, Forsaken World from Perfect World Entertainment. Or X-legend developing multiple MMORPGs within months of each other. Such as grand Fantasia, Kitsu Saga, Aura Kingdom, Pi Story, etc.)

With no alternative MMORPG under SEGA's belt in the west, there's no reason why PSO2NA should shut down other than people not supporting it. I'll be honest though, SEGA should be considering a Skies of Arcadia game, or perhaps even an MMORPG of it if they want people to stick around for RPGs made by SEGA. It's been a long time since that IP was touched, and Allods Online was pretty popular for quite a while. They could develop it alongside PSO2NA/JP and release it globally.

@BFGesus I mean by your own accord your friend is poping $9 a booster and when PC players come in players will be spending money like crazy. Sure, many people don't want to spend a ton of money on this game, but I know several people who've already dropped $2000+ on this game. It isn't going anywhere.