I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@Havox3 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Do you have any numbers to back that up?

You mean besides the fact the JP game has existed for around 10 years and still going strong? Don't ask for more evidence when you end up ignoring it.

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

You people have done nothing but complain and cry over and over when ... the main PC version isn't even out yet.

I think the term your'e looking for is Dead On Arrival or DOA for short.

Yes, the 10 year old game going strong with a western playerbase so dedicated that they use a tweaker to translate EVERYTHING so they can play on the JP servers will be "dead on arrival".

Are some of you only here to complain, lie and troll? It's getting pathetic at this point.

@Subject-Astra Don't let them get you too upset. They are waiting to get you banned for telling the truth on this. They hate that in here. I'm not telling you what to do, but just back away and chill. The ones you described love to play victim when confronted with common sense. Somehow they are allowed this continued behavior, and when challenged they get support.

Ken, you're confusing me with someone else. I belong neither to Resetera nor Twitter blue checkmarks groups. Jeez, I ask for pop numbers for people playing and someone immediately jumps like I personally insulted them.

@Havox3 I see what you are trying to do. And it won't work. He spoke in a general sense prior to these recent replies. I am addressing him on his general comments. If I wanted to mention you, I would have done so. Since I chose not to, you weren't mentioned.

i think i am more surprised that the GMs have not locked this thread yet more than anything. surely the last thing they want is to have a thread title and such as one of the top posts daily? i imagine it would be quite off putting for people who may be interested in this game.

People can Hypothesis how this can go as much as they would like (iv even thrown a few things in myself) but until these important dates hit like PC release, Ep 4 release, the eventual release of PS4/Switch (i assume) then i feel thats the main time we can start saying this game is dead or not. i just feel we are going over the same things constantly which may not even happen.

im not giving them a free pass or anything they could of handled this alot better . but until the next milestone happens the PC release we will see the figures from that and have a clearer idea. when we think of how many people have even posted in this thread it does not probably even regard as 1% of the PSO2 community so what that 99% does is the question

@Havox3 no hard numbers (hoping PSO2 NA does another blog post about it soon) but if the Microsoft Most Played chart is still real time, it is now in the top 50 (#46) and now shows as #7 for top free.

Gonna check it again later in the week to see if it has changed or not. Microsoft is technically helping promote the game, so it could be skewed.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Havox3 no hard numbers (hoping PSO2 NA does another blog post about it soon) but if the Microsoft Most Played chart is still real time, it is now in the top 50 (#46) and now shows as #7 for top free.

Gonna check it again later in the week to see if it has changed or not. Microsoft is technically helping promote the game, so it could be skewed.

Not to contradict you since we have no actual data but, top 50 in general does not mean much since there is no "Player amount requirement" to be in those positions.

So the difference in players between Top 5 and top 50 may be enormous.

Like, the top 5 may have a million or so players between them, whereas the top 50 may just have a few hundred concurrent players.

@IfrianMMO said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Not to contradict you since we have no actual data but, top 50 in general does not mean much since there is no "Player amount requirement" to be in those positions.

Like, the top 5 may have a million or so players between them, whereas the top 50 may just have a few hundred concurrent players.

I like how your counter to his argument is a lot of "maybe" and "may".

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I like how your counter to his argument is a lot of "maybe" and "may".

I like how you missed the very first sentence of my post which literally says i am not trying to contradict him and that it´s basically just an added comment.

Also, how m i supposed to use anything but "Maybe" or "May" against an argument that admits noone has the actual data but Microsoft?

"Maybe" and "May" is literally all any of us can say on the topic until official numbers are released.

Also, how m i supposed to use anything but "Maybe" or "May" against an argument that admits noone has the actual data but Microsoft?

By not doing an argument since zero evidence exists? Is that not what logical people do?

Or do people actually like arguing with each other here even if it means having no proof on either side and just want to fight for the sake of it?

By not doing an argument since zero evidence exists? Is that not what logical people do?

Or do people actually like arguing with each other here even if it means having no proof on either side and just want to fight for the sake of it?

Your post is incredibly ironic considering that i wrote a non-confrontational reply to an argument, which in a way, actually reinforces and agrees with part of their claim, yet you decided to jump on me for a perceived attack that never was.

Then, you have the gall to try to lecture about confrontation?

Is this really happening?

Ken, you're confusing me with someone else. I belong neither to Resetera nor Twitter blue checkmarks groups. Jeez, I ask for pop numbers for people playing and someone immediately jumps like I personally insulted them.

Just ignore/block him, he's not worth your time.

@RagnarokSlayer said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

i think i am more surprised that the GMs have not locked this thread yet more than anything

They only seem to lock threads when debates get too far out of control. Plus they don't work directly for Sega so if Sega doesn't know about the thread, then they're not going to tell them to close it. They wouldn't close the thread for such a reason unless Sega said so.

@BFGesus said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

It's not because of the lack of content, but because of how one's success is determined based on how much money they spend on the MTXs. Let's use two examples here; me and a friend I play with. Because I refuse to pay for two subs, or $25 a month to play this game, I am cut off from what many would assume to be basic features of any MMO which include selling things and trading with other players (thanks microsoft for making me pay a useless sub TO PLAY A FREE GAME!). These basic features disable me from playing half the game because let's face it, this game's endgame revolves around two things and only two things at the end of the day; grinding for 13-stars or whatever is selling hot and selling said things on the market. I'm at over 280 hours and have yet to get anything worth of value after grinding SHAQs +50 with my 50% triboosts and 250% rare drop boosts all day. I may be superstitious here but I think non-premium players get screwed on rare drops that are actually rare. Meanwhile another one of my friends who has premium found three 13-stars and three saiki back units (which sell for over 8 mil on my ship) in the past week.

The second example is this guy I play with. He is premium and spends a lot of money on this game. He regularly buys the 400% rare drop boosts (which are $9 a pop) and buys the ragol and sonic packs. He told me about a couple hours ago that he finds those saiki set units and 13-stars pretty easily and he also has over 100 mil already. He only has a little more play time than me. Do you know how demoralizing it is every time I get into a party chat and constantly hear these guys talk about how many millions they've made and how much rare gear they've found that day? It sucks. It f***ing sucks. And I know I'm not the only one here.

And to rub salt on the wound, they have a day dedicated to premium players that give them yet another boost to rare drops and other benefits. Every day I play this game it becomes more clear to which demographic this game was designed for. You can counter-argue that they make all this content free to play all day but you know what? What's the point of enjoying it if I don't have access to the basic features that make this game enjoyable in the first place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_cdqQHGA8

@Alexandrious947 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_cdqQHGA8

What is this garbage video. Where do you think you are. Here, fixed for you, this one has everything, Miku vocaloid, awesome bass from H.J.Freaks, sufficienty weeb. I'll play it in the background on NA servers closing day. Hatsune Miku - Strobe Nights