I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

I really don't think its going to fail,and in fact I think the game is going to get better as time goes by. Its never going to be perfect since nothing is ever perfect,but its certainly not in the worst shape either currently.

@Shiz1880

I disagree it's best to pretend like every scratch you'll never see that item again.

Sure most come back at some point, but people take breaks and might miss a return or even not realized it returns because they associated the item with a specific scratch. Personally it would probably fly over my head if konosuba stuff was in a random scratch down the road.

If you want an item buy it as early as possible and assume it's not coming back I mean sure it will but with how many scratches we have to get through I wouldn't expect it to be a frequent return.

@Rhysticalz said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Shiz1880

I disagree it's best to pretend like every scratch you'll never see that item again.

Sure most come back at some point, but people take breaks and might miss a return or even not realized it returns because they associated the item with a specific scratch. Personally it would probably fly over my head if konosuba stuff was in a random scratch down the road.

If you want an item buy it as early as possible and assume it's not coming back I mean sure it will but with how many scratches we have to get through I wouldn't expect it to be a frequent return.

Pretty much this. This is why I grabbed the chair dance emote b/c once its off the AC Banner its price is going to shoot sky high like the infamous pole dance. Since I have multiple characters I can regain the 15mil I just spent.

@Shiz1880

Based on your logic you are feeding to the frenzy that the PC players are complaining about. They feel slighted that those original scratches were missed by them and they have no chance to get some of those items outside paying hundreds of millions of meseta. You are right that if you really want something you do not want to let it pass, but considering PC players had no chance to get 4 different scratches what choice do they have? They had to miss all of those items so now they must rely on the eventual 2nd round of said items or shell out hundreds of millions of meseta. It sucks to miss stuff but at least know that it WILL come around again... just not likely for another year or 2.

By the way,this has been flagged for moderation since you clearly are unable to have a regular ass conversation without spouting insults left and right.

Wrong thread lmfao

@Shiz1880

Well being that most people quit and take long breaks it's best to assume your just not getting those early scratch items. I had the ability to start with Xbox and I didn't and am also out even own a Xbox. Technically no one was excluded since we'll everyone could technically buy an xbox, but if hey if you don't have the money to buy one or didn't want to for whatever reason that's on you.

This is a pretty good read below, but odds are most of the players won't be sticking around til the next time it comes around, and even if they do they could miss it since off periods tend to be pretty high. Heck I probably check into BDO a few times a year, and might play wow during the next expansion, but then take a long break. I'm assuming many people are on a long break in pso2 right now til August, but since were rushing the content so quickly I'd except people to take long pso2 breaks between content which is one of the great things about pso2 it doesn't require constant gameplay, but can really go top tier if you wanna grind endlessly. If I'm on a 3 month break I'm probably not checking the website over and over for my favorite scratch items to return so unless it's a huge announcement that item coming back is not very realvant. For example konosuba is one of my favorite animes I'm buying it now. Sure it's extremely popular, but if these items got thrown in random throw back scratch number 5 odds are I'd miss it.

For a good read on average play time of MMOs I recommend below ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/~swc/pub/wow_player_game_hours.html

Free players might want to forget about fashion to begin with. Prices on popular items are going to go up for even current scratch items. Sure there's great ways to make money, but dropping 25mil a piece is not really substainable long term for the average player base.

If I was a f2p it would have been extremely tight to purchase my complete fashion set which is going for about 95mil and all my actual gear. I'm no super star of mestea gain but I feel like I've done a pretty good job and aquring 200 mil for my gear and fashion over a month is not an easy feat.

@SleeprunnerInc

Well most people don't live alone or have the luxary of some super low prices Vietnamese store.

Out here in Plano theres a jewel and a Walmart and that's where your getting food and feeding you and your partner family pets is going to cost like 10+ dollars a day.

Sure if I pack my bags ditch the country for Thailand and go back and teach I could live off 20 bucks for while miserably I might add. I've been to Thailand for example, and rest assured your not having any fun with 20 dollars outside very basic meals. You can count out fun street food cause even though it's realtively cheap it's not lasting 3 weeks.

@Miraglyth It would be awfully surprising if they didn't run the numbers being this is Sega not a small indie title.

And if this was a company that had a history of being roaringly successful from perfectly-maximised monetisation รก la EA I would be inclined to agree with you but - and your words make my point for me here - this is Sega. They've got a near-perfect track record of critical and financial failure when it comes to western Phantasy Star releases.

@Shiz1880 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

These items WILL come back around at some point. Never probably as an entire package but as filler just like the JP version.

No evidence and no reason to believe it in the first place beyond "it would make sense" which has never been Sega's modus operandi with weestern Phantasy Star. Sources like Fresh Finds didn't even exist on JP so we have no way of knowing what'll come back, and no reason to expect that everything will return. Some of the ones that sold poorly on their past outing, they will probably never bother to bring back which sucks for people who do want them.

each item in that list will see life again in a future AC scratch sometime down the road.

Dozens of items on JP have never come back. Renewals are semi-frequent but certainly do not include everything. Some items, obviously but certainly not limited to licensed stuff, appeared once 5+ years ago and that was it.

@SleeprunnerInc

Well most people don't live alone or have the luxary of some super low prices Vietnamese store.

Out here in Plano theres a jewel and a Walmart and that's where your getting food and feeding you and your partner family pets is going to cost like 10+ dollars a day.

Sure if I pack my bags ditch the country for Thailand and go back and teach I could live off 20 bucks for while miserably I might add. I've been to Thailand for example, and rest assured your not having any fun with 20 dollars outside very basic meals. You can count out fun street food cause even though it's realtively cheap it's not lasting 3 weeks.

I don't live in thailand myself.

I live in Finland where it's pretty damn expensive to live.

It's still cheaper than norway but regardless high.

One small light beer costs about 3+ euros for example.

@Spectra-Saberon said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lorient $32.50CAD if I buy 380 and 100 SG packs. That's better, and more on par to what I would pay, but still. At that price, I'm used to the item I purchased being account bound, and not tied to a single character, so still pretty damn pricey considering what is offered. I would love to show my support for the game with my wallet, but the reward for doing so really isn't worth the price they are asking.

I'm Canadian too, so I feel your pain with the conversion rates. I just tend to look at it as investing in a game I'm playing and enjoying rather than purchasing a new AAA game.

Your post makes it sound like reasons why you should spend money on the game.

@Shiz1880 I mean...have we seen stuff come back on the NA version as of yet? And even if we have youre still dealing with rng (in terms of scratches). Has sega put out an official statement saying pc players will get the free stuff xbox players got (outside of the xbox exclusive items)? Have they confirmed season 1, 2 and id even say 3 (seeing as we got put in late for that) rewards will come back? Cause if they haven't I cant assume that it will

@XenoBladeX37645 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Shiz1880 I mean...have we seen stuff come back on the NA version as of yet? And even if we have youre still dealing with rng (in terms of scratches). Has sega put out an official statement saying pc players will get the free stuff xbox players got (outside of the xbox exclusive items)? Have they confirmed season 1, 2 and id even say 3 (seeing as we got put in late for that) rewards will come back? Cause if they haven't I cant assume that it will

Its way too early for anything to return on NA we've only took a baby step towards their AC Banner cycle. Returning Banners wont happen until all AC content has passed so we are talking next year and some months for them. By then lots of players will either lose interest or be on a long break missing the opportunity to get what they want yet again. This is why gacha in mmo's just dont mix AC scratches are basically lootboxes to us.

Is this mess still going on? ๐Ÿ˜ง ๐Ÿ˜  ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„

Its not gonna fail, OP is a loon, lets wrap this up like a taco people. Like a taco, lets do this

(Thread closed, tacos eaten. a lot.)