I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

I played PSO2's JP release for literal years without ever spending a dollar on premium, and that was back before leveling was easy and they handed out triboosts like candy so I didn't have literally a hundred or more 50% and 100% triboosts at all times. You people are vastly exaggerating its impact on the gameplay experience.

Hell, we don't even have premium block space in NA.

One of the biggest fearmongering things about premium seems to be the lack of trading, but like. Why? What do you people even need to trade that badly that it's become such a game breaking issue? Earning meseta is easier than ever, so you don't even have to give people a starter loan when they join up since they'll get a free million just for doing the daily+weekly quests. Most weapons are cheap and easy to get, and unless you're doing end game difficulty UQs you can get by with what you find (and even then the badge weapons are solid choices) and most people don't really learn how to play a game if all you do is hand them items anyway.

Nothing obtained by premium is really locked away to non-premium users. You can get shop passes and such through FUN, they hand out a ton of salon passes. The bonus inventory is nice, but learning how to keep your inventory from getting cluttered in the first place is an important skill to learn.

Also like, you guys put way too much emphasis on item drops. PSO2's endgame has always been fashion, yo. The power creep is real and always shifting, in JP some of the common items you get dropping every day from frequent emergency quests used to be the strongest rarest drops in the game. Those SHAQ units won't be worth anything soon enough and people who spent millions on them will probably get mad when there's a new unit to chase or those things become commonplace. But, like, it's just kind of lolworthy to put any stock in the RNG at all. This is something that dates back to the original PSO where I know people who spent years, genuine years, hunting specific items that never dropped for them but dropped for me by accident when I wasn't even looking for it. Trying to turn it into some big conspiracy isn't going to change anything.

For an amusing anecdote: I once saved up a bunch of 400% drop rate boosts that were handed out for free and used them all in a big party wide grind session, and I was the only person who didn't get any 14* items. My friend, who wasn't running any boosts at all besides his shifta drink, got one and a few 13*. The next day, however, I got the best sword in the game (just in time for them to introduce a better one).

I'll just say I disagree that this game will fail by the end of the year. MMOs on Xbox can have a short shelf life, but by the end of the year...not so sure.

I just wanna ask this, if your prediction is wrong and this post is revisited afterwards, will you admit that you were incorrect or act in another manner?

Wait untill the release the urgent quests that have better drops, You will be drowning in 10* to trade in for ex cubes, Trade those for fun points and you will eventually get 3 day shop passes. Played this game on JP since closed beta and never noticed a massive difference between my drops premium/non premium.

This game is mostly played by freemium players on JP. The problem with NA is the highest difficulty is SH. Once XH/UH is released you'll get alot of 10* drops so you'll have plenty of excubes to get 3 day passes with.

Me personally I always keep premium but I can see the frustration to freemium player currently. PSO2 JP will remain my main game but once my premium expires in July I'm switching to buying premium on NA to support that version. I want to do all I can to help PSO3 be a much quicker release.

If the game ever comes to PS4 that will help ppl since free to play games don't require PS+

So someone help me out. What is ops complaint here. All i took from it is that is someone who is upset that some spend money to get better drops/do more and they do not want to pay and see that scores of free players will leave? IF that is the cause i chuckle. If not then i stay confused on what the gripe of the day is.

I know how you feel on the drops, it's why I stopped JP seasonal eqs. It's was so tiring to attend each and every one of them over the years and never ever getting anything good from them but everyone else seemed to get something. But that's just rng. If it's meant for you, it can come from a rappy at the most random chance when you don't even have a boost. Not even from daily.

But if it's not meant for you today, the most hyped up boosted Lv80 boss fully broken and killed 5 times in 30 seconds won't drop you a thing worth noting on 900% rare drop boost. It happens all the time in JP, I seen many posts by the affix (augment) heavy people that die inside when they see a random disregard a good weapon or have poor or no slots on it.

But don't get discouraged. Prem doesn't do as much as you feel it does, infact it won't do much of anything at all but allow those with it to take 5 day breaks without losing half their daily boost. Yeah there is the drinks that come with rare boost and a tri boost 50%, but rng doesn't always favor the paying. And later episodes will reward you for just playing the game. I won't say in what way as I don't want to spoil that, but don't lose your cool it gets better. ^^

@Raburesu

But don't get discouraged. Prem doesn't do as much as you feel it does, infact it won't do much of anything at all but allow those with it to take 5 day breaks without losing half their daily boost. Yeah there is the drinks that come with rare boost and a tri boost 50%, but rng doesn't always favor the paying. And later episodes will reward you for just playing the game. I won't say in what way as I don't want to spoil that, but don't lose your cool it gets better. ^^

For me it not the drops or rare items those are easy to come by I just have the problem with the cost that all they should put mesta (sorry if I can't at the moment) since it easy to get 4 or 5 days personal and/or shop. I know you can use Fun but everytime i used it i get other stuff that I don't need it rare that i shop. I have the bad luck when it comes to Tickets. 😕

@BFGesus said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

It's not because of the lack of content, but because of how one's success is determined based on how much money they spend on the MTXs. Let's use two examples here; me and a friend I play with. Because I refuse to pay for two subs, or $25 a month to play this game, I am cut off from what many would assume to be basic features of any MMO which include selling things and trading with other players (thanks microsoft for making me pay a useless sub TO PLAY A FREE GAME!). These basic features disable me from playing half the game because let's face it, this game's endgame revolves around two things and only two things at the end of the day; grinding for 13-stars or whatever is selling hot and selling said things on the market. I'm at over 280 hours and have yet to get anything worth of value after grinding SHAQs +50 with my 50% triboosts and 250% rare drop boosts all day. I may be superstitious here but I think non-premium players get screwed on rare drops that are actually rare. Meanwhile another one of my friends who has premium found three 13-stars and three saiki back units (which sell for over 8 mil on my ship) in the past week.

The second example is this guy I play with. He is premium and spends a lot of money on this game. He regularly buys the 400% rare drop boosts (which are $9 a pop) and buys the ragol and sonic packs. He told me about a couple hours ago that he finds those saiki set units and 13-stars pretty easily and he also has over 100 mil already. He only has a little more play time than me. Do you know how demoralizing it is every time I get into a party chat and constantly hear these guys talk about how many millions they've made and how much rare gear they've found that day? It sucks. It f***ing sucks. And I know I'm not the only one here.

And to rub salt on the wound, they have a day dedicated to premium players that give them yet another boost to rare drops and other benefits. Every day I play this game it becomes more clear to which demographic this game was designed for. You can counter-argue that they make all this content free to play all day but you know what? What's the point of enjoying it if I don't have access to the basic features that make this game enjoyable in the first place?

You do know the game has been a big thing in Japan for around 10 years, right?

You have some severe problems if you're demoralized because people better than you are getting more stuff or RNG is being bad for you. Some of you actively LOVE to find ways to complain and be negative, even more so when the game has done well for so long in Japan and has an entire English community that translated EVERYTHING in order to play and you didn't see any of us constantly complaining.

@Nuebot said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

We now do. I've actually hung out in full regular block and still joined as counting premium x_x

@Havox3 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

There is no advertising, no hype. I don't see the game discussed anywhere online general gaming is discussed. PC is delayed 2.5 months after Xbox open beta, seriously dampening the hype on the platform where the majority of players is. In fact, there's still 0 communication about the PC version.

This is just plain wrong. There is plenty of advertising for the game. There are hundreds of ads for it on social media that pop up all the time. A lot of video game media has been talking about the game as new info is revealed. Multiple game forums have been talking about it since CBT was announced. There also is communication about the PC version, since they have kept ensuring people that it is still coming in Spring 2020 and that it now has a set timeframe of late 2020. Since it would also have to be after maintenance, it is very likely to be on May 26, since that would be the only maintenance scheduled in late May if they keep to their "currently scheduled every two weeks" maintenance plan, which would also mean that they have already pretty much given away the exact date. They have also confirmed cross-play, and that is all the info that really needs to be discussed before release on the PC.

Which block is premium block?

@LapisWave said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

We now do. I've actually hung out in full regular block and still joined as counting premium x_x

Premium might get better once things recover a little more around the world . Some people might be setting other priority’s atm if they are not getting payed or being payed less

@coldreactive said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@LunaValkyrie635 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

it really does grind my gears that player with premium packages gets "special treatment" than others who doesn't.

The Elder Scrolls Online, TERA, Tree of Savior all have this as well. Maybe not in the same way, but they do have comparable features locked behind it. Such as storage. EXP Boosts, etc. Tree of Savior in particular is very close to being PSO2's. Since in tree of Savior, free users have a limited amount of personal trades they can do each day, and have only a couple of market slots to sell stuff with. While Premium users get basically unlimited trades, and up to ten slots on the market.

Having played TERA since it 1st came to the West the premium sub gives a bunch of benefits like fast traveling that would normally take 2-3mins of animated flying and such. They got the gacha system and more also.

TERA Premium - $15usd

-15 emp a day login (AC equiv)

-random mount of the month

-double dungeon entries

• Everful item (ncreases your Crit Power and decreases the cooldown on your ranged and melee attack skills) normally 15g for 30min

-Atlas and Journal (saved specific areas to teleport and teleport to all towns instantly)

-Only 2% brokerage fee instead of 10% also extra 40slots to sell on AH

-100% XP boost always on

Additional Adventure Coins (PC only)

Increased Adventure Coin regeneration (PC only)

Daily fish delivery cap increase (PC only)

Quester's Gold, Gold Hunter, Reputation, Crafting Speed, and Item XP Boost

Daily Elite Box delivery

Velik's Opportunity (Level 65)

Unlimited Parcel Post Gold Cap

Daily Bonus Quest increase

Permanent Complete Veteran's Crystalbind

Even with all that stuff you can still enjoy the game but getting high end geared just takes longer and getting rich faster takes longer

@redPG said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

The one I usually end up visiting for SHAQ and SHUQ are block 1 and 2, and they are filled up at evening. So if I dont have premium, it wont let me join. But it allows me to join with premium

Oh I see I meant a block only prem players can enter. On Ship 2 of JP that's B040

@redPG said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

The one I usually end up visiting for SHAQ and SHUQ are block 1 and 2, and they are filled up at evening. So if I dont have premium, it wont let me join. But it allows me to join with premium