I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

There are people who do play this game entirely F2P. It's tough and it requires that you know how to efficiently get things done, properly build mags/skill trees, how to effectively manage your client orders, save up for the 3 day personal shop tickets, etc...but you CAN do it.

I don't think there's any way to get another mag other than straight buying it, but honestly it's only $3 for a mag. I mean, shit, a Primanti Bros sandwich costs as much as 3 mags, so unless you're having complications with the microsoft store, you can't complain.

@Wusscake I find many people lack the thought process of supporting the game they play. "hUrDur, tree doller twomany money" while they sit on 2k hours played.

@BFGesus So you're salty that you can't whale the game? You realize it's not a race? I played free on JP server for two years as a complete idiot and I never had issue doing anything. Sure it took time sometimes but jackpots happens.

And yeah supporting should be rewarded somehow. It's normal to have benefit when you pay, that's how the real world works. The rare drops boosters helps if you can commit to a good farming session but anyone can obtain drops.

@Parallax I mean, there's a difference between price gouging and encouraging people to spend money for convenience. People seem to think that having a cash shop to make the game less time consuming is heresy.

I'm 30 years old now, I don't have as much time or energy to grind games like I did back when I was 15. I can't pound an energy drink 5 times a week during summer break to pull several 12 hour gaming sessions, running the gauntlet. Even staying in an apartment by myself, with a full time job, a lot of my time is tied up.

As a teen, I remember getting upset that I had to work harder because I couldn't afford subscriptions in games like Lord of the Rings Online, and had to painstakingly play exclusively free. But I actually had the time to do that, and if it wasn't for adults contributing money to the game, the game wouldn't exist at all.

@Wusscake I totally agree. I am pretty much in the same boat. As I stated in another thread, as soon as we start getting better SG methods and skill reset passes, I feel like a lot of the complaining will vanish. I feel a reason that JP pso2 is doing well is for the fact that both free to play, pay to play, and whale players are all kinda on the same playing field. The fact that this game supports everyone for what they are looking to put into the game is what's most appealing to me.

@Wusscake said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Parallax I mean, there's a difference between price gouging and encouraging people to spend money for convenience. People seem to think that having a cash shop to make the game less time consuming is heresy.

I'm 30 years old now, I don't have as much time or energy to grind games like I did back when I was 15. I can't pound an energy drink 5 times a week during summer break to pull several 12 hour gaming sessions, running the gauntlet. Even staying in an apartment by myself, with a full time job, a lot of my time is tied up.

As a teen, I remember getting upset that I had to work harder because I couldn't afford subscriptions in games like Lord of the Rings Online, and had to painstakingly play exclusively free. But I actually had the time to do that, and if it wasn't for adults contributing money to the game, the game wouldn't exist at all.

I wish we went back to the days with 15/mo sub and 60$ game expansions tbh though

I won't consider the game dead until my group and I stop playing.

--Seeing as we've been playing some form of PSO since the dreamcast days, I don't foresee that happening anytime soon 🙂

Oof! I hope not!

But to be honest launch does seem less populated than I expected. Maybe it's launcher issues, maybe it's the mtx, maybe it's something else I don't really know. I do know that on Ship 1 the lobbies are mostly empty, the missions are mostly empty, and I tried running a VH UQ yesterday but had to switch to H because no one showed up for VH ... lol.

@DankNugs9429 you have to remember to search in multiple lobbies to find proper groups tbh.

Indeed you do.

@DankNugs9429 wh.. that's a weird response. I guess I should elaborate. If you find yourself with nobody joining your group/lobby for a specific difficulty, re-join the quest while searching all lobbies and you should be able to find a group easily.

I played for 6 years F2P on JP and ive been F2P so far on this and i will tell you literally THIS GAME IS DIABLO LIKE you grind for the best stuff you can not buy the best stuff without grinding stuff your self. 95% of cosmetics are able to be sold in game. Meseta is so easy to come by its ridiculous.

@coldreactive really? you can sell the Brissa Set Units and Nox weapons ,also the 13* weapons can be sold on the market too I think or do you mean the Ray weapons/Units?

@Arios6311 Sadly most of those are not good for most of the classes they are a good stepping stone and fodder to feed people who spend money are actually wasting money.

@Remi said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Arios6311 Sadly most of those are not good for most of the classes they are a good stepping stone and fodder to feed people who spend money are actually wasting money.

What do you even mean by that? Running Nox / Brissa or most 13* weapons as main weapons is totally fine, i'm not sure what out of these are not "good" for most classes, aside from maybe the odd Nox Potential that can't be utilized and even then Sigma is a decent solution all around.