I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@Havox3 by using the Win10 operating system and the Microsoft store, it allowed Microsoft to "expand" the users able to participate in what is essentially an Xbox timed exclusive. To keep it Microsoft, gotta use the store, which means gotta use Win10. It will come to Steam later, which yeah that sucks, but no one else cared about bringing the game over, so it isn't much of a loss either way. It goes to ways:

1. Microsoft's deal with SEGA brings it to the western market and it succeeds.

2. It doesn't succeed and it fails, in which case those who were dedicated to play it enjoyed it while it lasted, and those who were not going to play it either way still did not play it.

The EMEA release is dependent on SEGA completely. If they see the fruits of their Azure deal profitable, they may consider purchasing the additional licenses they need to service EMEA with the Azure solution.

Do I have to post that Phil Spencer quote again? We know who is behind it but that doesn't make it better any slightest.

The most niche MMOs with 1000 playerbase somehow manage to have their game store open worldwide in any currency. I can exchange my 10 Bison dollars from my middle of the swamp for lootboxes there, but for Microsoft and SEGA it's too hard, I mean come on.

@BFGesus i hate to say it but it really does grind my gears that player with premium packages gets "special treatment" than others who doesn't. It does sucks not trading with friends just because you have to get it the pack, I don't have pack and hate to say it but I go on to finish my order and do urgent quest other than that there really not much to do. I've got items to sell but I don't want to sell it to npc 😕

@LunaValkyrie635 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

it really does grind my gears that player with premium packages gets "special treatment" than others who doesn't.

The Elder Scrolls Online, TERA, Tree of Savior all have this as well. Maybe not in the same way, but they do have comparable features locked behind it. Such as storage. EXP Boosts, etc. Tree of Savior in particular is very close to being PSO2's. Since in tree of Savior, free users have a limited amount of personal trades they can do each day, and have only a couple of market slots to sell stuff with. While Premium users get basically unlimited trades, and up to ten slots on the market.

@Havox3 it isn't about it being hard or not, it is about what has been agreed upon. Microsoft made a showcase out of PSO2 by providing a service solution to their 8 year old quest. Part of providing a service is to provide an SLA. Anything beyond that is up to SEGA to decide to purchase the capability to provide the service even further.

If SEGA hesitated 8 years to bring the game to the NA market, do you really think they would suddenly make a global release out of nowhere?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

do you really think they would suddenly make a global release out of nowhere?

Was that a rhetorical question? No, I think SEGA will double down on the current strategy until the bitter end.

@coldreactive i know but I've played Tera and got bored of it because of the limited things I can do. I mean yeah I can go on quests and level up my character but what else can a player do beside that? I've played almost every mmorpgs and sooner and later it'll all end up the same. Some players could afford things and some can't, I'm one of the players that can't. I'm not trying to be downer about it but what the player said is true.

@LunaValkyrie635 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

but what else can a player do beside that?

Max out reputation with certain factions I guess. The game was a lot better when it was pay to play, to be honest. A lot of TERA's features got stripped, a lot of story was straight up taken out after free to play. Crafting got way more grindy and cash grabby. A lot of movement systems were made redundant (even though the NPCs are still there) or made harder to use for free to play players, among other things.

@LunaValkyrie635 the best strategy for getting access to shop selling while being F2P is to trade excubes for FUN tickets. You can trade a 10-11 star weapon for an excube and trade 2 excubes per 1000 FUN. You can also trade 1 Class EX-Cube for 2 excubes.

It adds an extra grindy element, but at our current stage in the game, you can effectively farm hundreds of thousands of FUN points if you really wanted to stock up on Shop Pass tickets to use when you have high-value items to unload.

@coldreactive

Max out reputation with certain factions I guess. The game was a lot better when it was pay to play, to be honest.

Exactly pay to play but what about those who couldn't pay to play? Gamers who couldn't afford to pay game because of real life issue, gamers that play to be stress free from real life. For instance, Codvid19 for gamers who in lockdown and can't go to work. The money they getting from work goes to bills, rent, food, children needs, etc. The point is that PSO 2 would be more fun if players can experience what premium players are getting. Right now I feel like I can't experience the whole ticket thing without using AC and if you have none you'll have to buy. And everything that I want to experience in the game is limited. I understand pso need to be making money somehow but so far the whole free to play is yay game is free but if you want a shop or do the whole ticket you need to pay up. I think with the next maintenance the team needs to think about how to get other players to also be involved with the What's new or at least make it a little easier for them to get the 3 days personal or shop tickets. Beside keep wasting Fun tickets.

@John-Paul-RAGE i figure that but getting cubes is what I'm struggling to get at the moment. I'm trying to get some for my mag because i sort of mess up of it haha but no matter what i try i can only get 1 or 2 of them. -_-' Beside that when I started doing the for time and all I got was those damn enhancements and Augs I got tired of it so I basically decided to fix my mag.

I don't think the game will last that long either (I mean it will probably wind up staying around but by all accounts it will be a failure enough and then NerdSlayer will probably cover it in "Death of a Game" just like he did with games like Star Trek Online and The Secret World) but it's due to a number of factors and this isn't one of them.

@BFGesus said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I know you can get shop passes through FUN, but it's rare from what I've heard and I've already spend thousands of FUN and had no luck.

I've managed it a couple times by trading in excubes.

If you can go do some AQs and farm photon boosters then turn 50 of them into a 11 star weapon that’s what I have been doing, for some reason 10* hardly ever drop for me but I get a bunch of 13*s, anyway after doing that a few times you’ll have a stock of excubes to make plenty of fun

Also make sure your doing your daily’s and weeklies and do gathering as well, the old man in the cafe will give you 500k every 7 days and if you make 3 characters on the same ship you will have plenty of money if you can take the time to do all of this stuff on all 3

One of my alliance members is f2p and they have been selling stuff on the shop more then me, now the rng gods we’re good to them when it came to shop passes they spent like 40k fun and got 5 3day passes

The game wont die as fast as you guys think, its been this way for a long time and the game thrives all on its own. Though I agree with a lot of points here, and I also prefer if premium and such were free etc. but at the same time its not NECESSARY. Premium is used for cosmetics mostly if anything, you can still buy everything from people but you cant sell so you grind meseta the old fashion way which is also effective, especially in the future.

It really really depends . I mean Didn’t Microsoft say eventually it will come out for other consoles like PS4? That would be a group of players joining. It also depends how much people are actually investing as some people put 100s into trying to get certain items

Idk how AC works but I think they need easier way for players to buy AC outside of the US like a way to get it on the main website or something using a payment method that can be used with other currency’s . Having it opened up to more people would mean more income

I think it will last longer than a year but that’s just my own thoughts . Of course it could fall before then but idk I have a feeling more than a year at least