I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@MeetPainter said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

The game is doing great

d63.jpeg

@MeetPainter said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

spend as much or as little as you want

I'm from EU, SEGA doesn't want my filthy Euros.

Have we been here before?

Because i am psutty sure that we have been here before.

Reading these threads and peopleĀ“s arguments, i am getting a bad case of dejapsu.

Oh the hypocrisy

@Mattwo7 I also believe that it was licensed to Asiasoft rather than ran by the PSO2 folks themselves.

They gave it the old milk it and run play.

@John-Paul-RAGE and @Mattwo7 , the only reason the SEA and Taiwan version closed is cause both versions were licensed out to a different publisher / operator, namely AsiaSoft for SEA and Gamania for Taiwan.

Both companies chose to let their contracts for their version expire in the end due to not having as many players as they hoped they would have.

If the ultimate gamepass consistently came with premium, i'd really have no issue. Most free to play games charge for things like inventory, loot boxes, cosmetics etc..

if xbox removed the live requirement for this "free to play" game, i'd get premium, but I am basically paying xbox live for one game i play, and by paying for it, I am still gimped. It really kinda irks me, that I pay the live money only to get free to play treated in pso2.

I got the game pass premium service for free and that expired over the weekend. I did not renew my premium. I have saved up all the things i want to sell, did a bunch of fun scratches for a shop pass and loaded them up. The problem here, is the amount of scratches you have to do for a shop pass is ridiculous as well. So, i think i'll just unload my shop once every two weeks or so when i save up the fun.

To be 100% honest, for me , it is a content issue. I don't find anything in this version to be worth the money. There's not much to do right now and I just can't find the value in dropping 15$ a month on top of my live sub for this game. The only thing I am missing is the battle pass but i've earned 2k sg over the past month, i can buy that when i want.

This thread is hella long for something that is almost guaranteed NOT to be the case. There's only 2 instances where this game dies and even then it won't be within the year.

1.They take WAY too long to roll out big updates catching us up to JP version. 2. They don't spend the money, thus they don't make the money.

Being almost completely disconnected from your playerbase (that whole one msg from the devs acknowledging NA since the announcement) doesn't exactly portray care or confidence either so0 that will always be a detriment imo but it is what it is.

@ToyWarsKen said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lord-Papers Yup. I think it's a pride issue or something.

The pride and collective ego of the board of SEGA JP was directly responsible for the crash of their console division and said division being seal-clubbed by Sony after 1995/6 when the PS1 released. A system which, by the way, was originally supposed to have been developed as a collaboration between SEGA and Sony, but which SEGA cancelled on because SEGA of Japan deemed it a "waste of money."

So SEGA's arrogance would not surprise me as a factor. For more on what happened, see Blake Harris' console wars.

Wow and thank you to the OP. The more I research this game the more I am glad that they haven't released it on PC yet. My hype for this game dies more every day when I read about what is going on in it. I had no idea the stuff that f2p players have to deal with. I would be just like the OP in frustration on RNG drops which have always sucked for me in every MMO that relies on it. The game is not looking good for a lot of people with the way its being handled.

@Jarfaru7600 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Wow and thank you to the OP. The more I research this game the more I am glad that they haven't released it on PC yet. My hype for this game dies more every day when I read about what is going on in it. I had no idea the stuff that f2p players have to deal with. I would be just like the OP in frustration on RNG drops which have always sucked for me in every MMO that relies on it. The game is not looking good for a lot of people with the way its being handled.

You can always join the rest of us on the JP version, they are far more generous with rewards and free stuff, and there is no battle passes and the rest of over-monetization they have decided to fill the PSO2NA version with.

Also, RNG is a lot less of an issue in the episode/expansion the JP version is in, since there are a ton of catch-up mechanics and currencies to gear yourself with.

Once NA releases on PCyou can always give it a spin and compare for yourself.

@IfrianMMO the battle pass isn't that bad, It comes bundled in with every month of premium so if your are regularly subbed it costs no extra and guarantees you getting certain cosmetics(even though most are old) without relying on RNG scratches.

@Jarfaru7600 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

You'll be told via Fax the amount of people who care that your hype dies more every day.

You people have done nothing but complain and cry over and over when the game's western version is brand new, has only a few months in and the main PC version isn't even out yet. We were already told we'd be getting EVERYTHING before 2020 ends, that's multiple years of content in around 7 or 8 months and you guys STILL want to find reasons to complain more. No wonder Sega themselves never wanted to do this themselves all this time, you people are NEVER happy with anything.

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

You people have done nothing but complain and cry over and over when ... the main PC version isn't even out yet.

I think the term your'e looking for is Dead On Arrival or DOA for short.

@Havox3 even though about five of you claim maybe 5-7 people have quit already, the userbase is still growing daily (even with it being exclusive and PC a month away) and will continue to grow after the PC release.

With the Windows 10 version release will come a bit more of exposure pushed from the Microsoft side and players will get their first taste of a seasonal lobby shortly after.

I hope they do something for Independence Day as well, but that is also the PSO2 anniversary, so it is hard to say what is in store for that.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

the userbase is still growing daily (even with it being exclusive and PC a month away) and will continue to grow after the PC release.

Do you have any numbers to back that up? Me being on PC I can only access indirect things like twitch tracker, perhaps you can provide server pop per month during times you're playing?

I don't want the game to fail, that's completely irrational, more successful games means more online choices for me, however the amount of faith some people on this forum put in the title baffles me, reminds me of Wildstar official forums a little back in the day.