I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@GamerKillance said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

ships population on Xbox alone show that

Release numbers are pretty much always bigger than the sustained population numbers in MMOs...

@Mattwo7 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lord-Papers said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@ ToyWarsKen if it fails, i expect it to fail in the west for the same reason PSU failed. Too little, too late, and mismanagement of the western release.

I'm sure you're in no minority in thinking that.

doubt it will fail, just saying if it some how does it will be for the same reasons PSU did.

@GamerKillance said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

ships population on Xbox alone show that

Release numbers are pretty much always bigger than the sustained population numbers in MMOs...

Yeap! give it 6 months to a year to see what numbers will really be like.

@Lord-Papers Oh anything can fail. I have said before that I think SEGA missed out in releasing this game worldwide outside of the JP servers.

In reality, this game should be on as many systems and whatnot as can be. I do believe they are missing the mark on that. Yet Phil said more systems were going to get it. It's gonna be released on Steam. And I can't imagine PS4 (non JP) not getting the game eventually.

Sometimes I am not sure if SEGA likes money lol.

@ToyWarsKen RIGHT!?!?! I sometimes wonder whats going over there. Some of the choices with this game has been mind boggling.

@Lord-Papers Yup. I think it's a pride issue or something.

@ToyWarsKen said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lord-Papers Oh anything can fail. I have said before that I think SEGA missed out in releasing this game worldwide outside of the JP servers.

In reality, this game should be on as many systems and whatnot as can be. I do believe they are missing the mark on that. Yet Phil said more systems were going to get it. It's gonna be released on Steam. And I can't imagine PS4 (non JP) not getting the game eventually.

Sometimes I am not sure if SEGA likes money lol.

You'd be shocked just how much money publishers make off signing exclusive/timed deals. After Microsoft was done with CoD it was Sony who swooped in paying like 12mil for 3yrs exclusive content and 1st access. If MS paid even a little bit you know it was worth SEGA's effort to do things exclusively for awhile. Also allows for more hype of the game later too.

@PhantasyStar369 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

You'd be shocked just how much money publishers make off signing exclusive/timed deals. After Microsoft was done with CoD it was Sony who swooped in paying like 12mil for 3yrs exclusive content and 1st access. If MS paid even a little bit you know it was worth SEGA's effort to do things exclusively for awhile. Also allows for more hype of the game later too.

Yeah I can dig it. Yet I think they still could have exclusives for each and make it crossplay around the world. People would probably spend more money on the game. Both Veterans and non Veterans a like. Especially when everything happened with Covid-19. SEGA would have been rolling in the dough from an 8 year old game lol.

This all should have happened in 2016. When they released it for PS4 and Switch JP, it should have been on it's way WEST.

If this game fails I'd blame it on the changes to drop rates and lack of pso2es. Sigmas for 20k? ABSURD!

@Someguy503 Sigmas are just better grinding fodder than emperor rappy affixes.

Kinda funny, that dude is super rare but worthless now, bwahahaha

@John-Paul-RAGE What about the recent variants of Emperappy on the Japanese version? Like Lovey, Latan and [SPOILER] Emperappy?

Also most of the rare enemies are only good for their cosmetics these days anyway lol. (which some of them don't even have, I mean Gal Wind and the 13* weapons that Gal Griffon and the Kazuchis (and those 11* units the Kazuchis drop will be worthless soon) drop aren't even camos, Mesetan only drops meseta and I don't think Boing drops anything...)

@Lord-Papers said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Havox3 its survived fine for the last 8 or so years, you forget the lengths people went through to play the japanese pc version in the west and to spend money on it.

Yes, I can see PSO2 NA doing a PSO2 SEA while PSO2 JP lives on for another 10 years as one possible scenario.

@Havox3 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Yes, I can see PSO2 NA doing a PSO2 SEA

Why did PSO2 SEA fail again? I know the translation being freaking terrible was one reason (not saying this one isn't flawed but it is at least a lot better than the SEA one) but I doubt it was the only one...

@Havox3 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Yes, I can see PSO2 NA doing a PSO2 SEA

Why did PSO2 SEA fail again? I know the translation being freaking terrible was one reason (not saying this one isn't flawed but it is at least a lot better than the SEA one) but I doubt it was the only one...

There was a reddit thread on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2m8430/whats_wrong_with_pso2_sea/

• SEA Version blocks out foreigners from ever connecting / downloading.
  • Bad Translation / Localization (Force = Wizard)
  • Content was always 1-2 years behind JP.

Game was killed in two months basically. Keep in mind, the NA version still allows other countries to connect, but currently there's no way to pay for AC/etc. in NA's version without having an NA address. Our version's content schedule will likely be about two months per major content release, or else they won't be able to catch up within 2020 as they said they would.

This thread is ridiculous saying that it will fail without any indication of it. The game is doing great even though people say nothing to do but we already know the large amount of content to come and to think that a game company would release a game not to make money is jus stupid . And saying it will or is dying is ridiculous you must not play much and see the amount of people in the lobbies and the number of them with the sonic or ragol edition itemsjust get ahold of your self get a job spend as much or as little as you want can play this for free just dont expect companies to cater to your whining