I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

I still think it’s too early to say about the people saying they will only stay on JPN or everyone only moving to JPN . As someone who has worked in Retail you get that all the time . “Oh I am never shopping here again” or “you’ve lost yourself a customer” but then the very next week you will see that person actually come back . So how many people truely mean it is actually something to take into consideration .

You will know the signs of it failing because 6 ships would become 5 then 4 ext . There is also potential on the PS4/Switch if SEGA can get that out for them too resulting in a potential wave of new players but it depends also if they will share the same servers as Microsoft as that would ideally mean only having to run 1 set of servers as opposed to many for diffrent consoles

They also should allow Europeans to be able to chuck money at them as yah it may not be as large of a market as America but it’s money non the less . They need a way for players to be able to buy AC or premium or any packs without region lock like say having a section on their website for topping up AC or buying said packs . Because that could also be a selling point for this game

Idk like I think it will survive till the end of the year but again it really is going to depend on a lot of factors how it does the years as they go .

LOL @ some of these comments. It almost hurts to resist replying to them lol

People always leave and come back though. Everytime they up that lvl cap by 5 players will want to farm the exp or test out that new class etc. Game will be fine

How do you expect the publisher to make money in the NA market? There are way worst FtP MMO cash grabs out there. I personally prefer that they made it prem only to be a seller. I do understand your argument there, but do you not think the paying customer deserves more perks?

Imagine a company putting the non paying customers over the paying ones...

@RagnarokSlayer said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

As someone who has worked in Retail you get that all the time .

That is comparing apples to oranges frankly. Not every store is going to have every item and people are going to favor convince (which if someone already has a Japanese account for the game and the English fan patch is a non-issue).

For example: I had a tough time with a cashier who was at a bargain store around the corner from me but I knew when they got off-shift so I eventually decided to just go after they got off and eventually I discovered they forgot the whole thing even happened because I was no longer their regular.

That sort of thing just doesn't translate to video games.

The reason it never got released had noting to do with Sega not thinking it had no money to be made lol. The reason is much much more petty than that. BUT i am thankful it is here now regardless but just know the money had noting to do with it.

@Mattwo7 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

This is one of the reasons I don't expect the game to do as well as it should.

Because they went back to the Japanese version while they wait? That makes zero sense.

@ToyWarsKen said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I've been replying to some of them and the responses are more and more hilarious. It's like they're only here to either say dumb comments or legitimately want this game to fail.

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@ToyWarsKen said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I've been replying to some of them and the responses are more and more hilarious. It's like they're only here to either say dumb comments or legitimately want this game to fail.

I feel as though some comments are being said on purpose. Not from lack of intelligence, but in a manner to try and show fault where there is none.

As far as wanting this game to fail, I wholeheartedly agree to that.

@Havox3 its survived fine for the last 8 or so years, you forget the lengths people went through to play the japanese pc version in the west and to spend money on it.

@ToyWarsKen if it fails, i expect it to fail in the west for the same reason PSU failed. Too little, too late, and mismanagement of the western release.

@Mattwo7 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@RagnarokSlayer said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

As someone who has worked in Retail you get that all the time .

That is comparing apples to oranges frankly. Not every store is going to have every item and people are going to favor convince (which if someone already has a Japanese account for the game and the English fan patch is a non-issue).

For example: I had a tough time with a cashier who was at a bargain store around the corner from me but I knew when they got off-shift so I eventually decided to just go after they got off and eventually I discovered they forgot the whole thing even happened because I was no longer their regular.

That sort of thing just doesn't translate to video games.

in the response to the top i agree. people do have their favourite products and their favourite go to store. what i am more refering to is the customer service side of arguements which is what a large potion of complaints are aimed at . my retail side has more been in a cafe than a shop (i have worked a year in a shop at an airport in the past) and the amount of times iv had people complain and been like well im never coming back because this happened and that happened just to see their face the next week is quite often. because you got to remember many say these things for diffrent reasons. some complain to exspect an answer, some exspect compinsation, some complain to see improvements and some just complain because they just like to complain and it fills their ego. depending what reasoning people complained and went to the JPN server could result in some coming back . some could just be playing it until the english version comes out to get a feel for the game so when its out then can take a new approch. others are playing it because they already got accounts on there. time will tell though wether those people were lost or wether they will come back, wether it be as soon as it comes out or prehaps later on no one will know till we reach that point unfortunately

@Lord-Papers said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@ ToyWarsKen if it fails, i expect it to fail in the west for the same reason PSU failed. Too little, too late, and mismanagement of the western release.

I'm sure you're in no minority in thinking that.

some could just be playing it until the english version comes out to get a feel for the game so when its out then can take a new approch. others are playing it because they already got accounts on there. time will tell though wether those people were lost or wether they will come back, wether it be as soon as it comes out or prehaps later on no one will know till we reach that point unfortunately

I'd like to think that they got so sick of people saying "the Japanese version is available" that they actually listened to that utterly fallacious nonsense and decided it was a better use of their time than constantly complaining but I doubt it.

Oh goodie.

Another "im predicting the death of this game" thread. Game isn't gonna die at the end of the year and the ships population on Xbox alone show that. It will be bigger when PC launches late may too.