I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

once that bill passes it will feel like christmas came over because then the cancer of the industry will be dead and good riddance. pay to win should have never been a thing in the first place and the bill is more popular than what you think too. the government is stepping in because pay to win keeps getting worse and worse and the bill has massive bipartison support.

The ESA better forget about lobbying to prevent it because it will pass.

@Stretcharach NU uh.. I made it. 😄

@Manslayer490 I'm sorry, But there is Not one single piece of evidence , Or correlation for that matter that the white House, Or even President Donald trump has anything to do with this game, Solely on the purpose, just because you want it so.

Personally, I think that $30 for a subscription is pretty dam good, and No, that does not mean that is going to be ANY sort of Favoritism, Sure you will get many privileges in return, But that is Just How Sega would just say "thank you" to it's subscribers.

So- according to your infallible logic, One could also conclude that buying a game for your favorite platform would cost you around $50 and even $60 in some cases, In this case , The Ones who then go home in a Marathon of Game-play , Suddenly find themselves Going back to Game-stop , Only to trade in said game and apply credit for another that they will inevitably pay around $50 for it. This ACCORDING TO YOU , would also be considered gambling.

@DDDDLife you wanna read this and tell me theres not a bill. https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1629/text?r=1&s=4

@Manslayer490 that still has NOTHING to do with PSO2 >_<

@DDDDLife it has everything to do with phantasy star online 2 and every game that has pay to win microtransaction and under the bill paying for a respec constitutes pay to win and so does xp boosters.

copied from the bill.

) IN GENERAL.—The term “pay-to-win microtransaction” means an add-on transaction to a interactive digital entertainment product that—

(i) with respect to an interactive digital entertainment product that, from the perspective of a reasonable user of the product, is a game offering a scoring system, a set of goals to achieve, a set of rewards, or a sense of interactive progression through the product’s content including but not limited to narrative progression—

(I) eases a user's progression through content otherwise available within the game without the purchase of such transaction;

(II) assists a user in accomplishing an achievement within the game that can otherwise be accomplished without the purchase of such transaction;

(III) assists a user in receiving an award associated with the game that is otherwise available in association with the game without the purchase of such transaction; or

(IV) permits a user to continue to access content of the game that had previously been accessible to the user but has been made inaccessible after the expiration of a timer or a number of gameplay attempts; or

(ii) with respect to an interactive digital entertainment product that, from the perspective of a reasonable user of the product, is a game featuring competition with other users, provides a user with a competitive advantage with respect to the game’s competitive aspects over users who do not make such a transaction.

Oh for Heaven's Sake, I really tried. Now With all due respect, If you'll excuse me, I have more Productive things to do.

CIAO~

The only legislation being considered right now relates to gambling type stuff like lockboxes and not selling items directly.

Selling respecs in a cash shop is not going to become illegal now or ever.

@ZeeHero9271 lol read the bill because it will become illegal. its worded specificly to out right ban such things. i posted the link for everyone that doubted theres a bill.https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1629/text?r=1&s=4

Jesus Horatio Christ, can someone PLEASE lock this thread before Manslayer kills everyone's brain cells with more tinfoil hat ramblings?

@Lorient But we'll need those hats when the lizard aliens attack us with mind control rays!

@Manslayer490 it will become illegal for MINOR ORIENTED GAMES.

That is easy, if it passed, companies and publishers would be given a period of amnesty to get in to compliance. For a game that isn't minor oriented, that just means blocking it as a service to anyone under 18.

Doesn't jeopardize many games, a lot of cell phone games already changed their rating to 18+, anyone who hasn't will do so in the future.

@Lorient how is it tinfoil. its from the official us government website. how could you jump to such a conclusion when i provided evidence.

@Manslayer490 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@DDDDLife you wanna read this and tell me theres not a bill. https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1629/text?r=1&s=4

Alright.. You posted the Link.. But I did manage to read the entire thing, I got the gist of it, the is Aimed mostly at Minors UNDER THE AGE of 18 who cannot directly be involved in the purchase of said Micro transaction or loot boxes. It also states that a game publisher will not use these transactions to Aide players in Progression.

But.. I don't see where it says anything about such illegal activity??? Also, since this bill was already passed in 2019, What are you refereeing to , that a New bill an amendment will come from all this? O_o Uhh... This is starting to sound more like a filibuster. xD