I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@Gerbilios said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I would prefer SEGA just move to another publisher, most of the issues people have been having are due to MS store being an eternal dumpsterfire.

They probably won't, since there's already been money invested in the partnership.

I would prefer SEGA just move to another publisher, most of the issues people have been having are due to MS store being an eternal dumpsterfire.

Can only wish but microsoft is the only reason we got the game

@2B said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

It's real funny when an idea comes around and some people think porting games to Unreal Engine 5 is magically going to make the game better. It doesn't btw. Not from a coding or content point of view. The prettier those graphics look, more time it takes to develop. Pretty much the reason why FF7 Remake is a fraction of the original game and it took years to develop just a fraction of it.

In an ideal situation, SEGA would have released the game to NA simultaneously with the JP game. SquareEnix figured this out on day 1 with FFXIV V1.0 but face-planted the game by having the cpu and gpu requirements FAR steeper than what the average potato PC was at the time. Sure it was pretty, it just wasn't good. So SE had to kill their baby, nerf the Miqo'te butts, and dial back the detail on everything by a good 75%. FFXIV in it's current incarnation still eats video cards for breakfast, but you can at least play it on a potato, unlike before. PSO2 always worked on a Potato. It's system requirements are not steep at all, but it's also clear it's not as pretty as FFXIV V1.0 or V2.0+ is. That's fine. With EP3.0 Sega started giving some storyline NPC's less horny outfits and at some point the game appears to have lost the jiggle physics. That's fine.

However the only visual thing that I find detracts in the game is the eyes. CAST in particular look like they have these super-low resolution textures that just look like they're drawn on with a sharpie. Other eyes on the other game's character types tend to range from "so low rez it I can't stand it (like the Deuman eyes)" to "eh, it's fine".

Sega could always update the models and improve the renderer to support it, but then people playing on potato's won't be able to play the game, and that's just the prime consequence of making a F2P game, is that you have to make it work on peoples 12 year old PC's.

Would SEGA come out with a PSO3 at some point and make FFXIV look quaint? That would be nice, but what I want from a PSO3 is a proper open world that everyone can play in, not just "raid runs". Because if you think about it, the "ships" and "blocks" in the game are just the equivalent of a shooter game's lobby, and it's a way to shard the game without having to give a reason for it. As SEGA doesn't release anything else in the PS franchise unlike SquareEnix does with Final Fantasy, they likely do not have a huge asset library from which to pull from.

The Anime even points out that there is an ENTIRE CITY on the ship. Where as that scene with Zig in the game just takes place in the shop area, the anime has him in his own shop.

The jiggle physics are still there dunno what is this what people talk about game "losing them" There is funny enough a shader detail option that putting it to low disables the physics which is... Odd? It is a setting most would not think associated with such a "feature" but it might be only enabled now if you put it to "high".

But I dunno what people are talking about everything jiggles just as before... Well actually it feels the jiggle is now less divorced from framerate, it was a weird feature at high refresh rate the jiggle just seemed to be working at it's own FPS like 2D animated flames locked at 30fps animation or something.

PSO3 being actually MMO would be something but I would not like it to happen at expense of gameplay. One reason PSO2 is like this is because it allows some "client powered" stuff and enables the gameplay systems we have, where lag only can cause bosses to warp around, adds lag to your weapon swapping, and maybe item usage, not sure, I think it did whenever I was lagging hard in the game. Of course also your damage values lag longer before server acknowledges them but the damage still does happen eventually that you caused.

Because of this, the game had bumpy ride with BroomOP destroying whatever they could and "SEGA FIX IT" mentality. Which they did but now we have this very messy gameguard that breaks installations left and right.

I don't know why people want to fail a game westerners waited for 8 years to be playable. Some bullshit it is, that's what. Whatever your reasons are, they are automatically invalid.

@ValkyrieHrist20 People are just mad and want to be mad for the sake of being mad.

This game is going through a pretty bad launch start, but it will persevere. Fallout 76's launch literally compromised your security, exposed your personal information, and needed lawsuits taken against it to prevent Bethesda from denying their promised canvas bags, not to mention it was non-refundable. A $60 price tag for a massively unfinished game with false promises.

PSO2 costs nothing to download and all it currently has is problems installing/uninstalling, and some ingame lag/crash issues, all of which will be resolved within a month or so.

Believing a game will fail is different from wishing it will fail.

I for once was never a phantasy star fan, never played any of the other games and only barely knew the franchise by name. But I absolutely loved the game and can see myself playing it for the months or years to come.

But that feeling doesn't blind me to the blatant truth, that's this game is plagued with issues and terrible advertisement. Many people aren't willing to play the game because of all the problems around it. I myself have a small group of around 10 friends who usually play MMO's launchs and expansions together, and only 3 of us are playing PSO2 right now because all the rest either didn't want to go through the trouble of installing this game or tried to install and ran into problems and decided that troubleshooting wasn't worth their time... Oh, and out of these 3 who are playing the game right now only 1 managed to download and play the game without any major issues.

Now imagine how many people decided this game wasn't worth their time? And how many more people don't even know about the game because there's little to no advertisement?

You can try and pull the "Don't like it, quit" card, but the truth is that if this game doesn't make enough money to be worth updating then before long it'll be put in support mode.

That said, I must say that I'm quite surprised with the ammount of people on these forums telling players who are rightfully pissed with all the trouble they had to go through to install/uinstall the game to simply leave if they're unsatisfied. I usually keep an eye out for the forums of every game I play, and yes every single game has this kind of people... but here their numbers are quite surprising, the only other game I can remember with this number of 'guardians' on their forums was Heroes of the Storm. Now the people they've always told to leave have left, see what good it did to the game.

@Fester To be fair to the devs, not blowing a large amount on advertising for a game that has installation problems or randomly uninstalls its self is probably a good Idea. There is time for that when its fixed.

I'm kinda in the same boat though I had 6 or 7 people say they'd try it and 2 of us got in installed I'm the only one still playing. Maybe a steam release well give me another chance to get them to try it but really the populations probably took a hit because of all the problems. like most mmo's it'll be fixed the problem isn't the launch of the servers, its the launch of the advertising campaign that'll make the biggest difference.

I did see a facebook ad for the game yesterday though... I mean if they are wasting money advertising to the boomers on facebook that is also probably not a good sign. need a hit them weeb sites myanimelist, crunchy roll or something.

@PremedMetal196 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lwyu ma'am please, they relased a game that caused a large amount of players to have to FACTORY RESET THEIR PC DUE TO GHOST FILES EATING UP 100S OF GIGS, i feel like the issues and the complaints are kinda warranted. its been 2 weeks since these issues have come up and a majority of PC players who cant get on have been waiting for the 10th in hopes that they would fix it, and what did we get? mission passes, cosmetics, and 2 new UQs, not a single PC fix.

You're saying a majority of this is the PC's community fault?... =\

They take 2 weeks to do every maintenance. Thats their fault but its the schedule they are used to and have said theyd work on due to NA's release. During the world crisis were currently in I could care less about how long they take aslong as they fix it, I wont ruin a 8 year wait because my panties shriveled up too tight for my balls to handle.

@SalutexMO said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

The game deserves to fail.

Then stop shitposting and quit.

Ive been telling him to quit but hes legit trying to spark flames for the other sheep to follow and its obvious.

@MasterDarkwingz said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I gotta be honest, everyone waited for so long to get a playable game. SEGA delivered a broken game, despite the beta testing period. Why wouldn't people start complaining? I'm currently on a third reinstall, as not even the tweaker could fix the missing data. (Blue loading square doesn't show up, so game can't initiate.)

Its not easy to develop video games believe it or not. Its their fault, they own up to it. Some couldnt play, some could, those who could had fun, those who couldnt didnt want to wait and thus went super saiyan. Im happy this game isnt like anthem or tera, especially tera because they actually respond to the community even if it takes a bit.

@MasterDarkwingz said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I gotta be honest, everyone waited for so long to get a playable game. SEGA delivered a broken game, despite the beta testing period. Why wouldn't people start complaining? I'm currently on a third reinstall, as not even the tweaker could fix the missing data. (Blue loading square doesn't show up, so game can't initiate.)

There's a difference between constructive complaints and flat out being a narcissistic retard.

Not sure how narcissistic can describe anything that I wrote in my post except the feeling of entitlement and if that's the case, if you feel like anyone that wants a non busted game is a narcissistic or "entitled" then I guess there's no getting through and that the game will meet its inevitable doom. People quitting also won't be doing the game any favors if your goal is to white knight it

No ones white knighting, your using that as a excuse for us actually using constructive criticism while you run around with a hotdog on your head yelling "GAME SUCKS, RATE IT BAD, DELETE IT, TALK SHT" you literally do not belong in this community, and we are asking for you to either leave or stop posting dumb unhelpful biased comments.

@LordVerkins said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I'm a big fan of Phantasy Star series as a whole and I do admit the launch wasn't the best. Regardless I hope Phantasy Star Online 2 last for a long time in North America. Hope Sega and Microsoft patch things up eventually. A fan of Phantasy Star should never wish for a game of the franchise to fail.

Indeed. True fans should never quit. But, I'm rather new here, and I've seen games die rather quickly. So, pessimism it is. Microsoft might as well start the launcher from scratch at this point, seeing as how most of the issues result from a lack of designation or recognition for the D Drive. Finding the files beyond that is pure chaos. Seriously, do they even intend for users to locate broken files with an ease of access?

Oh nice your new, guess you didnt get the news that 80% of us waited 8 years and yea we were upset about the launch except uh.. most of us didnt wait 8 years for new players or impatient bumblebees to give the game a bad name for a bad launch. Those same people including you are the same type of people to do all this raging, derate the game, etc. and when you get access would love the game, and wouldnt even bat an eye to the fact you almost ruined its chances of growth.

Actually again AGAIN SEGA admitted that it was THEIR fault the launcher was so bad. It wasnt DESIGNED for PC as they thought it would be. Microsoft did nothing but give us an actual chance to play the game we would not have gotten otherwise. If you didnt wait 8 years and a couple months like the others please hold back.

@Lwyu The issue is, is that they gave a date, and we got nothing on that date. just like you ALL OF US PC PLAYERS are hoping they fix it, but the issue is that theres no date. the community did NOTHING to deserve a product that wasnt even beta tested for PC.

How long we going to keep a majority of the PC players waiting? if nothing gets done, there will be nothing left but a very small portion of the PC playerbase and xbox players, and looking at how blocks are right now (mostly a ghost zone unless ur in the populated ones) that doesnt seem like a big enough community.

The ratings dont mean anything if theres a large community tossing $$$ at the game, but if theres no community?....

@PremedMetal196 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lwyu The issue is, is that they gave a date, and we got nothing on that date. just like you ALL OF US PC PLAYERS are hoping they fix it, but the issue is that theres no date. the community did NOTHING to deserve a product that wasnt even beta tested for PC.

How long we going to keep a majority of the PC players waiting? if nothing gets done, there will be nothing left but a very small portion of the PC playerbase and xbox players, and looking at how blocks are right now (mostly a ghost zone unless ur in the populated ones) that doesnt seem like a big enough community.

Yes they gave a date, theyre literally trying their best. The only franchise theyve ever messed up on has been pso but otherwise if you do gain access its alot of absolute fun. Am I gonna bomb the game to the dust? No, I again waited 8 years I wont do that. I understand AS A PC PLAYER that its frustrating enough. I'm sure theyve already heard our outcries from the 70 threads already. Their solutions have helped a lot of players including my friend who couldnt log on previously. Yes They didnt beta test on PC, bad move, they thought they had it down but they didnt. A mistake was made. However the lengths of some people on the forums goes to show how slow, and idiotic they are.

"THE GaMeS MaDE foR pC" Its not, its a console originated game. Wasnt meant for pc at all.

"iTs miCroSofTs FaULt" Its not, sega said it was on them, microsoft is actually the people that gave us the chance of even getting the game we waited so long for.

"gAmE is AWFUL" Its not, its amazing, addicting, fun, exciting, just not everyone can play it which WILL change regardless. I will not ignore the fact about COVID either, we dont know whats going on over there so i'll keep my sanity. Ratings DO MATTER a large majority of gamers look at ratings before they play a game, whales will not keep a game running, yes a community will and if a chunk of it are going based off rating thanks, the ragers rekt the game. And tbh a good two handful of the people complaining, are new to pso, and just wanna join in on the fun but since they have the patience of a goldfish they start riots.