I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@Eguzky said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I mean, why else did they say 'We are translating PSO2!' and then go absolutely silent for 6 years? They just wanted to wait until the home market was at the end of its life, then milk it in new regions.

That isn't the reason.

MMO Games longetivity are defined by the playerbase and the support the game gets. Not if the game is gonna make the next sequel. All a sequel is, is updated graphics with a new name slapped on it. The code and mechanics don't change much.

Also, MMORPG's aren't your Call of Duty games. We don't need another installment of CoD with the same regurgitated junk in it. Better graphics means less content due to the higher cost of producing it. Battlefield 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... and the lesson learned is that each new installment just disappoints and pisses more people off, support gets dropped, people move back to older games because newer ones suck. Want another example? Look at what happened with Maple Story 2, Ragnarok Online 2. Not that they always fail, but sequels don't automatically translate into success.

It's real funny when an idea comes around and some people think porting games to Unreal Engine 5 is magically going to make the game better. It doesn't btw. Not from a coding or content point of view. The prettier those graphics look, more time it takes to develop. Pretty much the reason why FF7 Remake is a fraction of the original game and it took years to develop just a fraction of it.

The direction they took with this game is pleasant enough that it looks good, that it runs on the average computer and that the content developed for the game spans a reasonable amount of time.

@Lwyu said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@SalutexMO said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lwyu said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

if the game dies PC community will be blamed easily. I dont care how anyone rolls their dice, they bombed ratings and shit talked it for months. I do believe SEGA is partly to blame, and microsoft (a little in microsofts case) but still christ.

Nah. Those negative ratings are 100% justified. A lot people playing on PC currently has to resort to using third party software just play the game which should never be the case. It's because sega and microsoft are literal trash

Oh yeah no lets instantly all agree to bomb the ratings of the game we waited 8 years for. In your case you probably didnt wait long and didnt even know it was being released till you joined the bandwagon but thats fine too. Yes theyre justified to be upset but day one? Lol it was more like a temper tantrum. It was amazing many players even some pc members how bad people acted.

Literal trash? Yet you take the time to play sega games? Lay off them, you call them trash but they took the time out of your life and are still rich compared to you. It wasnt even microsofts fault, SEGA admitted it was their fault, and they fixed it and are still looking into it regardless. Games makes mistakes like you know all humans do, clearly you made a mistake coming here. The door is there, but since I expect you to try and light more fires cuz you have nothing else to do, take your time.

Lol. I grew up playing the original phantasy star online on gamecube, transitioned to BlueBurst for PC and played a few years back on ephinea's server. I've been looking at pso2 ever since it was first released in 2012. I even played a bit on the japanese server. Hell, I even gotten a couple of my friends into the series.

I'm really passionate about phantasy star online, but no matter how passionate i am and no matter what game it is, with the management by the NA team, Microsoft and Sega, this game 100% deserves to fail. The issues that so many players are experiencing are completely unacceptable. It gotten so bad to the point that the tweaker team had to step in to damn near salvage an entire release when the NA team went dead silent and did nothing and these people don't even get paid for it. People are still experiencing issues about not receiving AC that they purchased. People are still unable to download the game, and what are the officials doing about it? Nothing.

The game deserves to fail. It's a miracle that it isn't dead already even though the population and ratings tanked a ton. A good chunck of my friends don't even want to attempt to download the game again due to the issues they have experienced on day one and I can't blame them. I imagine (based off the ratings) that tons of people are under the same mindset. This game also has 0 advertising, all of the content updates are shown through their twitter and their information regarding future updates are vague at best. I mean shit, they didn't even announce a roadmap yet to catch up to jp and we are already nearing the end of ep3 content. They literally ninjadropped a bunch of content out of nowhere. One of my friends (one on xbox not on PC) didn't even know about the new ultimate quests and the new endgame gear until I told them. These developers don't care.

I really enjoy phantasy star online. But my view of the game is irrelevant when it's plagued by so many issues and poor management. If people need to bomb this game's ratings to get their point across that this shit is unacceptable, then so be it, I actually agree with them. It sucks that it has to happen to pso but its what the game deserves, simple as that.

SEGA should just hand the game over to Nexon JP, because all the launcher issues that Microsoft can't fix are a joke. The monetization will fail alongside the downfall of Loot Box model.

Yeah, what happened is pretty indefensible. The launch is the most important period for any game, bad launches have killed games before. And especially with problems of this severity, where every time you turn on / off the game or during an update, your game can just break irreversibly doesn't even keep the few people who were initially interested.

And then there's the case of no advertisement. This whole NA release doesn't appear to have a high budget, whatever people are defending here might not even exist. The team allocated to this project might solely consist of community managers. This might sound a bit negative but i have seen this happen before in multiple cases and i wouldn't be surprised if this is the same.

The game deserves to fail.

Then stop shitposting and quit.

@2B said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I gotta be honest, everyone waited for so long to get a playable game. SEGA delivered a broken game, despite the beta testing period. Why wouldn't people start complaining? I'm currently on a third reinstall, as not even the tweaker could fix the missing data. (Blue loading square doesn't show up, so game can't initiate.)

lol still not the worst launch of a game.

@MasterDarkwingz said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I gotta be honest, everyone waited for so long to get a playable game. SEGA delivered a broken game, despite the beta testing period. Why wouldn't people start complaining? I'm currently on a third reinstall, as not even the tweaker could fix the missing data. (Blue loading square doesn't show up, so game can't initiate.)

There's a difference between constructive complaints and flat out being a narcissistic retard.

let alone what beta testing did pc have in NA

@Remi said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

let alone what beta testing did pc have in NA

Huh, I thought there was testing. I guess that's part of the problem.

@MasterDarkwingz said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

There's a difference between constructive complaints and flat out being a narcissistic retard.

Not sure how narcissistic can describe anything that I wrote in my post except the feeling of entitlement and if that's the case, if you feel like anyone that wants a non busted game is a narcissistic or "entitled" then I guess there's no getting through and that the game will meet its inevitable doom. People quitting also won't be doing the game any favors if your goal is to white knight it

Not sure how narcissistic can describe anything that I wrote in my post except the feeling of entitlement and if that's the case, if you feel like anyone that wants a non busted game is a narcissistic or "entitled" then I guess there's no getting through and that the game will meet its inevitable doom. People quitting also won't be during the game any favors if your goal is to white knight it

You're part of the cancel culture problem. It has nothing to do about me or other people white knighting.

I'm a big fan of Phantasy Star series as a whole and I do admit the launch wasn't the best. Regardless I hope Phantasy Star Online 2 last for a long time in North America. Hope Sega and Microsoft patch things up eventually. A fan of Phantasy Star should never wish for a game of the franchise to fail.

@LordVerkins said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I'm a big fan of Phantasy Star series as a whole and I do admit the launch wasn't the best. Regardless I hope Phantasy Star Online 2 last for a long time in North America. Hope Sega and Microsoft patch things up eventually. A fan of Phantasy Star should never wish for a game of the franchise to fail.

Indeed. True fans should never quit. But, I'm rather new here, and I've seen games die rather quickly. So, pessimism it is. Microsoft might as well start the launcher from scratch at this point, seeing as how most of the issues result from a lack of designation or recognition for the D Drive. Finding the files beyond that is pure chaos. Seriously, do they even intend for users to locate broken files with an ease of access?

I would prefer SEGA just move to another publisher, most of the issues people have been having are due to MS store being an eternal dumpsterfire.