I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

..The more I play PSO2, the more I want a PSO3, properly ported to every region at launch instead of just sitting in Japan for 8 years. New classes and weapons, a proper story (the one in this is a right confusing mess to me), new graphics..

I love PSO2, don't get me wrong, but I'm still somewhat convinced it was ported to the US as 'life support' action. 8 years is a respectable time for an MMO. I feel like it was nearing the end of it's life, be that in returning, paying customers or content to add, and SEGA went 'Now we bring it to new markets. We don't even need to make NEW content! Just translate the old stuff & drip feed! We can get at LEAST 4 more years!'

I mean, why else did they say 'We are translating PSO2!' and then go absolutely silent for 6 years? They just wanted to wait until the home market was at the end of its life, then milk it in new regions.

I love the game, but from a business standpoint, they saved money & will have extended the games life by waiting instead of translating it when it was new.

@Eguzky said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

..The more I play PSO2, the more I want a PSO3, properly ported to every region at launch instead of just sitting in Japan for 8 years. New classes and weapons, a proper story (the one in this is a right confusing mess to me), new graphics..

I love PSO2, don't get me wrong, but I'm still somewhat convinced it was ported to the US as 'life support' action. 8 years is a respectable time for an MMO. I feel like it was nearing the end of it's life, be that in returning, paying customers or content to add, and SEGA went 'Now we bring it to new markets. We don't even need to make NEW content! Just translate the old stuff & drip feed! We can get at LEAST 4 more years!'

I mean, why else did they say 'We are translating PSO2!' and then go absolutely silent for 6 years? They just wanted to wait until the home market was at the end of its life, then milk it in new regions.

I love the game, but from a business standpoint, they saved money & will have extended the games life by waiting instead of translating it when it was new.

SEA had it in english for a couple years. Let alone Sega has a history of not wanting to give us things. We wouldn't even have this if it wasn't for microsoft paying for it.

as for story just watch Phantasy Star Online 2 episode oracle, if you want spoon fed it. Cause the story is alot like PSO 1 where its scattered and barely there.

@Remi said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

SEA had it in english for a couple years. Let alone Sega has a history of not wanting to give us things. We wouldn't even have this if it wasn't for microsoft paying for it.

as for story just watch Phantasy Star Online 2 episode oracle, if you want spoon fed it. Cause the story is alot like PSO 1 where its scattered and barely there.

I can't even bring myself to do story missions, unless I'm bored. It's just so scattered.

Do I get anything for clearing Episodes?

I'm glad it's PSO2 and not PSO3 or anything.

@Lwyu said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

if the game dies PC community will be blamed easily. I dont care how anyone rolls their dice, they bombed ratings and shit talked it for months. I do believe SEGA is partly to blame, and microsoft (a little in microsofts case) but still christ.

Nah. Those negative ratings are 100% justified. A lot people playing on PC currently has to resort to using third party software just play the game which should never be the case. It's because sega and microsoft are literal trash

I can't even bring myself to do story missions, unless I'm bored. It's just so scattered.

You get a few weapon skins and a bunch of sg tickets and a few titles if you clear missions on hardcore. I quite like the story but you might as well just skim through it if you just want the rewards

Lots of star gems 2 weapon camos and titles

Literally the anime is a better story then how the game presents it

PSO2: Oracle came out way after the MMO. It will of course cover more than a 2012 concept.

@XUL said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

PSO2: Oracle came out way after the MMO. It will of course cover more than a 2012 concept.

This comment was really unnecessary

tbh so was this one so 🤷

@SalutexMO said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Lwyu said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

if the game dies PC community will be blamed easily. I dont care how anyone rolls their dice, they bombed ratings and shit talked it for months. I do believe SEGA is partly to blame, and microsoft (a little in microsofts case) but still christ.

Nah. Those negative ratings are 100% justified. A lot people playing on PC currently has to resort to using third party software just play the game which should never be the case. It's because sega and microsoft are literal trash

Oh yeah no lets instantly all agree to bomb the ratings of the game we waited 8 years for. In your case you probably didnt wait long and didnt even know it was being released till you joined the bandwagon but thats fine too. Yes theyre justified to be upset but day one? Lol it was more like a temper tantrum. It was amazing many players even some pc members how bad people acted.

Literal trash? Yet you take the time to play sega games? Lay off them, you call them trash but they took the time out of your life and are still rich compared to you. It wasnt even microsofts fault, SEGA admitted it was their fault, and they fixed it and are still looking into it regardless. Games makes mistakes like you know all humans do, clearly you made a mistake coming here. The door is there, but since I expect you to try and light more fires cuz you have nothing else to do, take your time.

@Stretcharach said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

tbh so was this one so 🤷

and this one