I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@GamerKillance said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Gaming forums saying that the game is dying or dead.

In other news water is still wet and the sun is still bright. More at 11.

LOL every game. Every time.

Never fails.

@Alexandrious947 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Chiryuu2609 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@hAZE-1561 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

The declining server population says it all

What the heck are you talking about? You mean that declining population that happens in EVERY ONLINE GAME? Only one trolling here is you.

Actually not really, Black Desert Online on average has same (or even larger) population... so in some cases it's not declining but rising.

Bdo is also p2w poopy. So it keeps all the whales and dolphins.

there is nothing pay to win about bdo, people need to learn what pay to win is. Pay for conveience is not the same as pay to win. You want whales in PSO2, trust me, otherwise the game don't make money, game makes no money, servers die.

@Lord-Papers said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Alexandrious947 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Chiryuu2609 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

What the heck are you talking about? You mean that declining population that happens in EVERY ONLINE GAME? Only one trolling here is you.

Actually not really, Black Desert Online on average has same (or even larger) population... so in some cases it's not declining but rising.

there is nothing pay to win about bdo, people need to learn what pay to win is. Pay for conveience is not the same as pay to win. You want whales in PSO2, trust me, otherwise the game don't make money, game makes no money, servers di

@Lord-Papers said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

there is nothing pay to win about bdo, people need to learn what pay to win is. Pay for conveience is not the same as pay to win. You want whales in PSO2, trust me, otherwise the game don't make money, game makes no money, servers die.

Yes and No. You can have a good game that doesn't make people become whales and still make it so content is available where the community wants to buy it and support it. Both parties win. Very few games out there like that now. Actually, Samurai Shodown did something similar where they gave the 1st season pass free with the game. People enjoyed it and so they made a reasonable second season.

@ERICK001BC said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

there is nothing pay to win about bdo, people need to learn what pay to win is. Pay for conveience is not the same as pay to win. You want whales in PSO2, trust me, otherwise the game don't make money, game makes no money, servers di

Yes and No. You can have a good game that doesn't make people become whales and still make it so content is available where the community wants to buy it and support it. Both parties win. Very few games out there like that now. Actually, Samurai Shodown did something similar where they gave the 1st season pass free with the game. People enjoyed it and so they made a reasonable second season.

kinda comparing apples to oranges but the gist is the same, there are outliers that this holds true for. most free to play titles that offer a sub make enough on the subs to stay afloat and the whales are just icing on the cake. Even sub only games have started adding cosmetic cash shops. Being a game journalist and having worked on a couple games myself I have got to see a lot of perspectives in monetization and development, not at all surprised samurai showdown did that and garnered goodwill for a second paid season pass. Heck MK 11 just had a full fledged EXPANSION come out, never though i would see a story expansion to a fighting game.

@Lord-Papers I understand. I remember back when Capcom started splitting content for actual story campaigns and add-ons for this and that. All I am saying is even though it is the "norm" now that doesn't justify it as right. I know nowadays games can't be complete right out of the box once you pay for it, less free to play. But there are ways of doing it that don't effect the game negatively. Listen it's a company and they want to make money, I know that for my previous example it comes from love and because it is a good marketing tool. Still There are games out there that release free content and let the player get gear/fashion/etc paid, but handles with no pay to win. It' is just used to support but can received in game.

Do remember that the only thing whales can do in PSO2 is make your run smoother and more profitable.

They also flood the market with their AC costumes and items which means there´s more to go around for F2P players.

PSO2 is one of the very few games where Whales are actually a positive influence, although less so in this version due to some items being locked when they were not in JP, but i know the GM have passed our feedback on this matter on, so we will see.

@ERICK001BC @Lord-Papers Would you people please truncate the quote chains?

Honestly, you're fortunate that they didn't take the NA PSU approach and make you pay a monthly fee to play the game. The structure they have now is like how JP PSU was. You could play for free but you had restrictions and it was way more restrictive than PSO2 is for sure.

@Mattwo7 Sorry, didn't mean to upset you.

@ERICK001BC You seem to have "upset" confused with "mildly irritated", it's just good netiquette so people can properly read your posts without having to sort through a jumbled mess.

@Mattwo7 Whichever one it is. I will make a note to try and not to quote as much. I usually remove a lot and leave the part I am responding to, but I am multi tasking. So I'll give it a good effort so other members don't feel the same way.

end of the year is when ship 4 will open =D

Funny thing that it failed right now on launch day.

@Arngrim-Tulon said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Funny thing that it failed right now on launch day.

Launch a game, make sure its super popular, prepare for it, and tell me what happens. If you can get past the making a game part.

@Arngrim-Tulon If you consider every block having 250-500 people completely overfilling the premium reserves a failure, you may be a naysayer.