I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.

@Taconight1977 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I appreciate the follow up, and I know a large chunk of my posts are "complaint" oriented. I am at the "get off my lawn" age, but I do appreciate and take notice of the feedback that has results.

Understood. 🙂

@Subject-Astra

I dont think my opinion speaks for the community. The declining server population says it all. There is no content, and people are sick of AQs. Good attempt at trolling though. A for effort.

@hAZE-1561

We haven't gotten anything truly significant for awhile now, so yeah the population is dropping a little bit. That isn't the result of the game failing, in my opinion, but just a result of people getting bored while they wait for new content. That's the usual cycle of MMOs. Huge spike in activity when a new patch is released, then as time goes on and people do everything they wanted to do they either play less or take a break entirely. Then they return when new stuff is released. Even with the decline there's still a ton of people playing, so I'm not all that worried.

@hAZE-1561 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

The declining server population says it all

What the heck are you talking about? You mean that declining population that happens in EVERY ONLINE GAME a bit after launch? Especially when the main platform is PC and it's not out yet? Only one trolling here is you.

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

What the heck are you talking about? You mean that declining population that happens in EVERY ONLINE GAME? Only one trolling here is you.

Actually not really, Black Desert Online on average has same (or even larger) population... so in some cases it's not declining but rising.

@Chiryuu2609 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

@Subject-Astra said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

What the heck are you talking about? You mean that declining population that happens in EVERY ONLINE GAME? Only one trolling here is you.

Actually not really, Black Desert Online on average has same (or even larger) population... so in some cases it's not declining but rising.

Black Desert has been out for literal years, without counting the years it's been on Steam. When it has a sudden pop, it's usually a new event, class or a sale. PSO2 has about a month of official release, on XBOX, which isn't its main platform, but people already cry that it's "declining".

@Chiryuu2609 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Black Desert has been out for literal years, without counting the years it's been on Steam. When it has a sudden pop, it's usually a new event, class or a sale. PSO2 has about a month of official release, on XBOX, which isn't its main platform, but people already cry that it's "declining".

I was talking only about your claim that every game has declining trends, which is not true.

https://snipboard.io/L5ygtH.jpg

There are actually two big jumps... that's all for the whole time. Where are these sudden pops with new content? Content in BDO is released quite often, so this sudden pops should be also pretty often.

I was talking only about your claim that every game has declining trends, which is not true.

There are actually two big jumps... that's all for the whole time. Where are these sudden pops with new content? Content in BDO is released quite often, so this sudden pops should be also pretty often.

Content is BDO is not released "quite often". Why do some of you feel this extreme need to lie constantly? Do you not know what a content patch is? Or a patch cycle? or ANYTHING about this topic?

Literally EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE has moments where the population drops, whether it drops a lot or not doesn't matter, it always drops. Usually it's because another game comes out or they finish everything in the latest patch and leave for a bit till something new is added. THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS, especially in bigger games.

Are you guys really so obsessed with the doom and gloom against PSO2? Are you going to throw the "bUt Pc PlAyErS rEmEmBeR tHe LaSt TiMe" excuse too?

Content is BDO is not released "quite often". Why do some of you feel this extreme need to lie constantly? Do you not know what a content patch is? Or a patch cycle? or ANYTHING about this topic?

Literally EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE has moments where the population drops, whether it drops a lot or not doesn't matter, it always drops. Usually it's because another game comes out or they finish everything in the latest patch and leave for a bit till something new is added. THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS, especially in bigger games.

Are you guys really so obsessed with the doom and gloom against PSO2? Are you going to throw the "bUt Pc PlAyErS rEmEmBeR tHe LaSt TiMe" excuse too?

You are just a troll or you have some problems in acknowledging that you are wrong.

Again I wasn't talking in the context of PSO2.

Content patches in BDO are quite often, and even if they were once 6 months we should see some trends that you described (sudden pops from time to time), yet there are only 2 jumps, one is because of the COVID and 2nd one... well I actually don't klnow what happened there. You are not right, can't you just admit it?

Bdo is also p2w poopy. So it keeps all the whales and dolphins.

I also have doubts the decline is purely content drought . Many people have different reasons not to be playing . It may not be the right game for some of the initial crowd , lockdown boosted the population which may be less so people not playing but people having less time due to returning to commitments and work . Some people simply just may be soloers and may not be getting noticed (braver was 2nd popular class in closed beta which people said is a more solo based class) to say it’s purely due to content drought would not be correct . I can tell you one thing there probably won’t be content till the pc at least launches maybe on the same day as it’s release on the earliest

Gaming forums saying that the game is dying or dead.

In other news water is still wet and the sun is still bright. More at 11.

@Alexandrious947 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Usually when game is p2w people go away from that title ;).

I think if anything it is currently declining because of the amount of content release. It becomes a bit stressful and some players rather wait for when everything settles. Usually at launch not a lot of people can handle the constant content release (mostly fashion) but yeah even so I can see by the faster incline rising in prices that it's getting way to competitive and greedy in the market. This definitely throws people out but I am sure it will settle and grow again once it all catches up and we get pc release.

@Alexandrious947 said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

Usually when game is p2w people go away from that title ;).

Not unless it has OMGGRAPHIX!! Cuz, idiots.

Hence, BDO.