Export JP Saved Appearance Character Creation Models into NA Client

-- This is not a request to transfer my JP character --

Updated: request could also be a benchmark software with a character creator in it that we could create before launch day for PC, similar to how Episode 4 worked.

I spent hours upon hours perfecting a character I want for the PC North American launch.

I mean like two full days, because the system is that awesome.

Will we be able to move that character appearance file over to NA, even with the Microsoft Store?

Please say yes. 🙂

And making this 1000% clear so the thread doesn't go in the wrong direction:

Just the character creation models.

Not the characters themselves, and not the camos.

I would also like this.

I've been just doing my best to match up sliders and stuff from my char on the JP version. It's done a decent job, but it would be nice to just reuse the character files I already have.

I have a feeling them having changed the minimum and max on some of the sliders might effect it, but that's just speculation.

As much as I would love this feature, it really seems impossible without them first making the slider limits match the JP versions.

@Zerox9434 said in Export JP Saved Appearance Character Creation Models into NA Client:

As much as I would love this feature, it really seems impossible without them first making the slider limits match the JP versions.

They were changed? That's a downer.

Maybe the devs could release a benchmark software ahead of time like other MMOs, and include a character creator in that?

FFXIV does this to generate some awesome hype.

@RobAtTheWiire said in Export JP Saved Appearance Character Creation Models into NA Client:

@Zerox9434 said in Export JP Saved Appearance Character Creation Models into NA Client:

They were changed? That's a downer.

Maybe the devs could release a benchmark software ahead of time like other MMOs, and include a character creator in that?

FFXIV does this to generate some awesome hype.

Japan has one and it was translated byt the group that fan translated the game years ago. It is only for Episode 4, though, but supposedly the data is usable in the main game in JP.

@Ragnawind Character Data files from all three standalone Character Creators (pre-release, version.2, and Episode 4) are compatible with the current JPN version, the only thing is that you cannot load newer Character Data files (v.7 and v.8) created in the current version of the game back in to any of them.

Maybe this is something they can do for JP PC to NA PC. I doubt it would happen for the Xbox though.

@ToyWarsKen said in Export JP Saved Appearance Character Creation Models into NA Client:

Maybe this is something they can do for JP PC to NA PC. I doubt it would happen for the Xbox though.

Just keep in mind, our height slider is more restrictive than JP's. So you may have to alter it before NA will accept it.

Even with this being the case, a benchmark for a "brand new game" for many isn't out of the question, and including character creation.

@RobAtTheWiire said in Export JP Saved Appearance Character Creation Models into NA Client:

Even with this being the case, a benchmark for a "brand new game" for many isn't out of the question, and including character creation.

You can use the japanese one, which is pre-patched in English. Search google for Arks Layer, click on "PSO2 Benchmark & Character Creator" at the top, and download/install it. Of course, this is for PC, and the community translations may not reflect those of the localized NA release.

I'm confused, as you said that the character creator probably won't export to NA in just the post before.

@RobAtTheWiire Assuming that the NA PC release still uses the same character file types, it it is possible that it may not load a file from the JPN benchmark if it does not fit NA's minimum height requirement; in theory, if your character is taller than ~154cm, it should work.

I'm bumping this post. I know that we're not so sure if we'll get it but GM needs to help us with confirmation if we could do this.

I rather not going on/off and wasting all my salon pass just to match my characters as in JPN. I would totally love to export the character data and play the game!

@Kageshiro-Ryou said in Export JP Saved Appearance Character Creation Models into NA Client:

I'm bumping this post. I know that we're not so sure if we'll get it but GM needs to help us with confirmation if we could do this.

I rather not going on/off and wasting all my salon pass just to match my characters as in JPN. I would totally love to export the character data and play the game!

GMs can't answer this since not even they have access to the PC version yet and they would have already answered it if they were given the info. All we can do is wait until it launches on PC.