To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

they probably looked at the WoW playerbase as the go to MMO for NA at the time when making that decision to not bring it over here.

Not sure how I missed this but considering how much attention the devs seem to have on FFXIV (just a personal observation, could be wrong there), I have doubts. Besides, FFXIV has been a huge deal for eight years now, since the release of ARR.

@Vicodin-Villian US culture you say? My first MMO experience was interacting with mostly Europeans on voice chat. Yeah that's my first experience of MMO elitism/toxicity.

@Mattwo7 said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

they probably looked at the WoW playerbase as the go to MMO for NA at the time when making that decision to not bring it over here.

Not sure how I missed this but considering how much attention the devs seem to have on FFXIV (just a personal observation, could be wrong there), I have doubts. Besides, FFXIV has been a huge deal for eight years now, since the release of ARR.

Plus the fact PSO2 even has a FFXIV crossover event.

@Vicodin-Villian said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

Gall, not Gaul. You're talking about gumption or crassness, not Ceasar's favorite invasion target. But I digress. See also: Xbox.

You would think that... Xbox has dedicated servers a fully fledged and easy to use friend system and a consistent connection. Nintendo has a 64 character friend code server and is 9 times out of 10 incredibly... one second reconnecting oh look someone joined reconnecting please for the love of reconnecting reconnecting

@Subject-Astra said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

Plus the fact PSO2 even has a FFXIV crossover event.

Yes that too.

@Subject-Astra thats a whole year for them to drop content they are moving far to slowly is the frustration of a lot of people...

Huh? Are you talking about the plan to release everything up to par with the JP servers before 2020 is over?

@ToyWarsKen Im saying they are releasing content far to slowly .... with release we should have had pc and episode 4 drop instead pc is a month out with no episode 4 or 5 in sight... I dont care how many people still dont have max level chars im tired of hearing that excuse from people if they left the lobby for more than one EQ they would have classes at 75.... the Issue that myself and a bunch of other people have is they were taking money during a beta for stuff and giving us peanuts in return.... they are far to worried bout overwhelming people than the actual future of this game... and Parity with japan? lol thats cute considering JP has already said there will be no further episodes for the game...

@NezumiiXD Dude they are trying to release 8 years of JP server content before this year ends!! How is that too slow.

LOL you know what. I'm sorry. I have no issue with you personally, but for whatever reason these forums have just become punching bag for this game. I can't even fathom how that indicates being slow. Y'all got it though. I'm officially done with these discussions. I will just do my best to enjoy the game and never comment on anything else in general discussion. I am actually befuddled.

@ToyWarsKen then the game shouldnt have went to a launch state until more content was available ..... . all of this game is translated its on your hard disk right now they are just gating content to slow people down thats it... its not that they dont have it they just dont want other players to get blown out of the water and they are going to strangle themselves by slow rolling content...

@NezumiiXD You got it boss. Whatever you think is proper. You wont get any rebuttal from me about it.

tbh i doubt SEGA knew corona virus was gonna hit or hit like it did when they origianlly planned the release and such. with the majority of people homebound with plenty of time to play of course people are bored because it was probably planned in such a way where the content with people working or going out socializing and such for the big majority of people it would of been enough time to cover. with the current situation the people complaining are the people who have just played. rush it and play alot of it and now are bored. but id rather see a pole of this because i really would be interested to see the percentage of people who are bored and percentagte who are happy at the current speed episodes are being released

@NezumiiXD episode 4 is in sight, June! Not sure why you want episode 4 and 5 when we still have to grind all the episode 3 13* weapons to make the episode 4 14* weapons to make the episode 5 15* weapons...

I wish people would stop saying this.

They said a "major update is coming this fall instead of episode 7"

How does that mean there are no more episodes?

@NezumiiXD said in [To All the "It's ... and Parity with japan? lol thats cute considering JP has already said there will be no further episodes for the game...

@redPG said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

I wish people would stop saying this.

They said a "major update is coming this fall instead of episode 7"

How does that mean there are no more episodes?

@NezumiiXD said in [To All the "It's ... and Parity with japan? lol thats cute considering JP has already said there will be no further episodes for the game...

Unless they intend to plagiarize the work of the english community translation team which produced the translation for the Japanese servers, there's no way that they'll be able to catch up with the JP servers before the end of the year. If they do, I'll be very surprised.