To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...

Starting to think Astra blocked me.

@Mattwo7 said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

Starting to think Astra blocked me.

You think too highly of yourself.

@Subject-Astra said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

You think too highly of yourself.

Oh so you're just ignoring me then. That was my second guess.

@redPG said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

Idk but it's like ever since E3 ppl have been complaining about every single little thing

TBH complaining is one of the main things the NA market tends to do about anything and is probably part of the reason why Sega didn't bring the game over here on their own earlier. There's a number of titles released in Japan throughout the history of video games that never saw ports or release out of that region for reasons including but not limited to, the developer or publisher thinking the potential sales wouldn't be worth the effort, not wanting to deal with the behavior of the consumers on a specific market, or that they felt the skill level of a market was too low.

The complaining wasn't as bad back when this game first launched in Japan when compared to now but it was already on the incline and on top of that they probably looked at the WoW playerbase as the go to MMO for NA at the time when making that decision to not bring it over here.

Anyway just my thoughts on it.

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

and is probably part of the reason why Sega didn't bring the game over here on their own earlier.

I doubt that. They did plan to bring it over and everyone was happy at the time. Besides, they still publish Sonic games here. You know, the franchise of theirs that gets the most complaints?

They also released a remake of Panzer Dragoon at around $30 without adding anything to it to make it actually worth paying that much these days. Even if the price is technically far less with inflation, home video games are held to higher standards (except games like Power Rangers Battle for the Grid for some dumb reason which also got away with selling most of its roster for more money like Blaz Blue Cross Tag Battle did after they decided to make Yang free) while the remake is still basically just like a port of an hour long arcade game. Were they really expecting no one to complain?

NA likes to complain... being whiny, crotchety, cranky old/young brats online is what we do well. No game in NA with a forum or access to a twitter feed is without buckets of salt and troll dung. I kid you not, Animal Crossing probably has a butt-ton of whining too. I have come to just accept it like physics.

We like our news like we like our coffee, dark, bitter and full of glass.

I feel for moderators and GMs who have to wade through it all day. At least I can just ignore forums for a few days and come back, those poor shleps cant.

@Scribblemonk Yeah, but Animal Crossing is the worst, just horrible. RIP Kapp'n ๐Ÿ˜†

@IrlsMatter said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

@Scribblemonk Yeah, but Animal Crossing is the worst, just horrible. RIP Kapp'n ๐Ÿ˜†

Plus, Nintendo Network fees for going online.

@coldreactive said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

@IrlsMatter said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

Plus, Nintendo Network fees for going online.

I'm still amazed that Nintendo has the gaul to charge for it's horrible online

Itยดs ironic how many "complaints about complaining" there seems to be.

At least the original complaints are based on actual issues and precedent, whereas the anti-complaining is mostly based on wanting to feel like "One of the good ones" , misplaced brand loyalty and holier-than-thou attitudes.

I always thought it was because PSU didn't sell that well here. I figured they noticed how much AC Americans were buying as a reason to bring it over. I know I've put thousands into JP myself. Can't wait for NA to catch up and now that PC is coming my team can join me here.

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

@redPG said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

Idk but it's like ever since E3 ppl have been complaining about every single little thing

TBH complaining is one of the main things the NA market tends to do about anything and is probably part of the reason why Sega didn't bring the game over here on their own earlier.

Are they really based on actual issues, or envy?

Just waiting for the complaints, about complaints, about complaining, so we can have a full complainception. Oh wait we are already there ๐Ÿ™‚ .. good ol NA!

@IfrianMMO said in To All the "It's Just a Beta!" People...:

Itยดs ironic how many "complaints about complaining" there seems to be.

At least the original complaints are based on actual issues and precedent, whereas the anti-complaining is mostly based on wanting to feel like "One of the good ones" , misplaced brand loyalty and holier-than-thou attitudes.

That's what makes it funny, the irony.

Well it is indeed clear that the game still has a lot of issues and I am genuinely surprised that they rolled it into the full release. What doesn't surprise me are the people who are trying so hard to engage the blinders just by this thread alone. The game is missing PAs and crafting which is something that directly affects gameplay. It is rife with text errors like the formatting of the areas being ridiculous, poor grammar everywhere, misspellings all over the place, dialog not matching up with that is being said, every weapon has a placeholder instead of its intended flavour text which is beyond lazy and none of these issues have really been changed since the CBT.

The TC has the right of it unfortunately. The only thing that has changed since then and now is getting a couple extra EQs, getting the full list of AQs and XQs and getting proper monetization. Even though they said they want to be caught up by 2020, until we actually SEE things happening in that direction I wouldn't be so quick to defend them. Personally I'm not to fussed by the release schedule since it's only gonna be stuff I can already do in JP but the flavour and tidiness is what bothers me. It reeks of outsourcing and low effort and seeing basic stuff like all the text inaccuracies not be touched since CBT is a worry.