WHen can we expect a EU release

Having this game NA only is just weird in these days and age, before you post that i can play by changing location i know that allready, i just don't want to jump trough hoops to be able to get some inv expansion premium pass etc. I played the heck out of the original pso but not going to play pso2 anymore untill its realeased here in the EU

Probably being held up due to alot of EU countries having different laws on micro transaction these days or atleast in the process of creating such laws.

If by "EU RELEASE" you mean "official" EU support and ease of payment, hopefully soon.

If what you mean by "EU RELEASE" is a separated EU ONLY release of the game specifically published for and directed to the EU players then i hope that it never happens (Despite being European myself) because the PSO community and market is not big enough to stay profitable and competitive on two fronts at the same time.

We are not World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy with their multi-million playerbases, we are a niche game that has a horribly bad history in the West and has to stay united, profits-wise, to make this worth it and last longer than a year or two.

@IfrianMMO to add to that, past Phantasy Star titles usually had players outside of North America playing on the same servers. I'd say, PSO2's situation is comparable to PSOBB... the Western release is 'officially' known as "PSOBB US" since the game was English only (unlike past PSO1 versions) and only had servers in the US... but it was 'available to the EU' in the sense that EU players didn't have to jump through hoops to buy a sub and the fact that well... the game was listed on Sega Europe's site (remember, the client was free to download).

At bare minimum, thats what a PSO2 "global" release, just Sega literally having the game be listed on MS Stores outside of North America and those players being able to buy AC easily. Of course, if a 'global' release does even happen... i'd hope that Sega would at least say... add some EU hosted ships.

@Leonkh99 said in WHen can we expect a EU release:

but it was 'available to the EU' in the sense that EU players didn't have to jump through hoops to buy a sub and the fact that well... the game was listed on Sega Europe's site (remember, the client was free to download).

What about PSU?

@IfrianMMO said in WHen can we expect a EU release:

If by "EU RELEASE" you mean "official" EU support and ease of payment, hopefully soon.

If what you mean by "EU RELEASE" is a separated EU ONLY release of the game specifically published for and directed to the EU players then i hope that it never happens (Despite being European myself) because the PSO community and market is not big enough to stay profitable and competitive on two fronts at the same time.

We are not World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy with their multi-million playerbases, we are a niche game that has a horribly bad history in the West and has to stay united, profits-wise, to make this worth it and last longer than a year or two.

The population is already separated into multiple ships. In my opinion, the ideal situation would be for a couple of the currently unused ships to be located in Europe, not only because of lower ping, but also because it would be nice to have a place where we would be more likely to find players in our timezone.

@Mattwo7 Same server setup as PSOBB, US hosted servers and 'live support' with Sega Europe only really hosting the Billing Servers. I brought up PSOBB and not PSU since I felt that the former's release was more similar to PSO2's; a digital download-only game whereas Phantasy Star Universe was distributed physically in all its available regions.

I remember playing PSU from here (Europe) was a bit rough, damage numbers and our characters getting knocked back from enemy hits would take like 1 second to happen. Thankfully PSO2 is alot more playable from long distances (though I still would like for 1 or 2 ships located in Europe for the best possible experience).

@Ezodagrom , PSU was apparently released here in Australia and it was basically an EU version, given the internet infrastructure here at the time... I can only imagine how worse the lag would be from here.

@Leonkh99 said in WHen can we expect a EU release:

@Ezodagrom , PSU was apparently released here in Australia and it was basically an EU version, given the internet infrastructure here at the time... I can only imagine how worse the lag would be from here.

If the servers were in the US, then it wouldn't have been bad as the EU because AU is on the Pacific. Guess it depends where the servers were physically located though.