Ship transfers? And if not when?

Wondering if they got ship transfers yet. Imbetwen 3 kids and 2 jobs dont got time to restart. Put me on ship 1 in closed beta... Friends on ship 2 and 3 lol

They aren't available yet. I wouldn't expect them until they open more ships

@Ragnawind ah ok. Hopefully soon then lol

If I had to guess I'd say a month after PC launch to let things settle.

I am reviving this thread because it is something I'd like to know as well. I am holding myself on creating new character in Ship 2 because I prefer to transfer it to Ship 4 instead, otherwise I'd have to create a new character in general.

I honestly don't care if it's free or not. I'd like to move my character(s) into a different ship once they are up.

@LapisWave said in Ship transfers? And if not when?:

I honestly don't care if it's free or not.

Considering you have to pay for them in the japanese version...

@coldreactive said in Ship transfers? And if not when?:

@LapisWave said in Ship transfers? And if not when?:

I honestly don't care if it's free or not.

Considering you have to pay for them in the japanese version...

Assuming JP didn't have people forced to be in a Ship they didn't want to be in, they would probably pay 700 AC to go to another Ship.

NA is a bit different imo. Lot of people had no other choice to stay in 1 or 2, and then 3 during OBT and yet still 4-6 weren't there.

Still no ship transfers? Most of my friends play on Ship 2 and my initial character (highest level) was made on Ship 1 during the CBT. This really needs to happen!

Ship transfers likely aren't starting until more ships open up.

@Ragnawind said in Ship transfers? And if not when?:

Ship transfers likely aren't starting until more ships open up.

Yeah....whenever that is

Probably when they release the game for the other regions. I presume they are going to just add ships 4-6+ and just throw the exact same client on steam etc. like sea of thives and Halo did it. and when that happenes they are probably going to allow transferes as a lot of EU players will want to switch when that time comes.

@Frisk I highly doubt that if they do release officially the game in EU we would get the access to NA ship at all and vice-versa.(that being said it's a possibility for South America)

@Dracoco1214 Actually the release will probably be like with SOT and since most stuff is client side latency is mostly irrelevant. I just assume we will be able to Purchase AC and be able to download it through MCS and steam or w.e. we will get. They will probalby just open the other 3 ships doesnt really make sense to split the servers tbh. SA and OCE will be the same i presume. i highly doubt they are going to establish servers for all regions. wouldnt be that profitable if you can just have 1 server cluster and just open up ships whenever needed. Otherwise they would have to make servers fo EU (EUW/EUNE), OCE, SA (BZ) , RU as well as AS (TH). i just dont think that will happen having one cluster for all seems more likely to happen.

⬆ +1 etc.

Definitely looking forward to Ship Transfer whenever it may be. Already in a tough situation between two groups of friends. Best I can hope for for the time being is a quick char I made to pal around with them. But my MoM (Main of Mains) is on one of the other ships. Which I'm glad I'm of the all classes on one char. Else I'd be even extra screwed potentially over time. ;~(

o/ =^.^=

The possibility of ships in different regions is certainly interesting. It wasn't done for Universe (everything outside Japan was hosted in west-coast US and that was way more of an issue at the time than it is today) but some of the point of hosting this game is to explore the Azure service so they might want to try making a ship or even an allocation of blocks per ship be hosted elsewhere. That could make things interesting, though I do think it's a bit unlikely.