LGBT+ Gamers?

@Dracoco1214 thats true for anywhere, but its still nice to have a shield or a bubble away from those people. Because we shouldnt have to deal with that abuse in a "modern society"

@Dracoco1214 That is legitimately one of the best ways to have friends IMO.

@Neptunite6234 I have an alliance on ship 2 called the Alphabet Mafia. We do weekly give-aways too.

still on the hunt? im at ship 3! ❤

https://discord.gg/TuuufB4 Revolution on ship 3 is always recruiting

would love to meet some other LGBT friends to play with! my character name is Zef and my Xbox id is ZefBoi

@Miyuki-Kupo It’s sad that political views can be a deal breaker between people and their relationships...

@TheRealMehndi said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

yeah but only for Building an alliance and Looking for ap Farmers. sadly not more and no real community.

@PandaBohne50973 said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

@TheRealMehndi said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

yeah but only for Building an alliance and Looking for ap Farmers. sadly not more and no real community.

We're a pretty happy bunch and have been having a lot of fun together, Alliance points, while capping is nice and we ARE running a contest to cap your points atm, is not the reason we recruit.

@TheRealMehndi

nah. when sum1 cant join because he is also playing with (non lgbt) Friends (and cant move them into an lgbt alliance obvsly) he is not welcome. so yeah, its obv that the alliance is just a classic alliance in therms of you farm Points or ur not welcome. your leader would not take Rights away and talk like this if there would be more behind 🙂 so yeah, good luck but just a warning for others that think About joining.

@PandaBohne50973 said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

@TheRealMehndi

nah. when sum1 cant join because he is also playing with (non lgbt) Friends (and cant move them into an lgbt alliance obvsly) he is not welcome. so yeah, its obv that the alliance is just a classic alliance in therms of you farm Points or ur not welcome. your leader would not take Rights away and talk like this if there would be more behind 🙂 so yeah, good luck but just a warning for others that think About joining.

What? i'm the leader and i have never told anyone they cannot join my Alliance because they play with people outside of the alliance.

@PandaBohne50973 Unless you're like homophobic or racist or something, I don't believe this group has any restrictions on who can join. Just gotta be a decent human being, ya know? Not a particularly high bar there. I've really been enjoying my time with this alliance so far, and haven't ever been pressured by anyone into doing anything, including anything regarding alliance points. You're speaking as though you were denied from getting into the group, but I don't think any of us has ever heard of you? Either you're mixing us up with someone else, or you're trolling for some reason, and trying and prevent others from joining (and in that case, a complete d*** tbh. Cause seriously, why would anyone do that to random groups they don't even know?)

Heya! 🌈

My alliance is recruiting on Ship 1. It's currently 7 members of friends I played games with before. While it's not the main focus, it is LGBTQIA+ inclusive.

There's more info in my signature or at this alliance forum post.

@Morgothryuzaki said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

Don't take it the wrong way,but I have never understood the point of asking for LGBTQ specific gaming friends. What does it change? Since when did sexual orientation mattered when it came to playing a game? Personally I couldn't care less what someone's political opinion,race or sexual orientation is,I just want to play a game with them.

I can't speak for other people, but I can tell you why I tend to specifically seek out LGBTQ spaces in the gaming community.

The first of which is just that I enjoy chatting with LGBTQ people. Queer/LGBT culture is a thing that exists, and it can be enjoyable to be a part of and talk about. (And trust me, there's lots of stuff to talk about.) That alone I think is reason enough to join groups like this, in the same way that if a group of people who enjoys knitting decided they wanted to make a knitters gaming group together, I wouldn't care. Why shouldn't they do it? It means they have an excuse to chat about something they like with others - knitting, and other people who also want to talk about it can also join. And if it's not something that interests me then I can find a different group. It's a win-win. People like being friends and spending time with others who have similar interests, problems, etc. While seeking out different viewpoints can be great and all, its just not something you wanna do all the time (and I'm not particularly interested in the viewpoints of homophobes anyways.) Sometimes you just wanna chill with friends and play games.

The second reason is basically safety. Not really physical safety, though it's not unknown for bigotted strangers on the internet to dox people and such, but more of a mental safety thing. I happen to be a trans girl who also likes chatting with other people in voice chats. The subject of my gender is gonna come up, because it can be about 50/50 on whether random people I've never talked to before guess my gender/pronouns correctly based just on my voice. My voice is fairly androgynous. So within just the first few seconds of talking with a new group of gamers, my being LGBTQ has already basically come up. And if I'm feeling friendly enough to talk about my personal life, then its gonna come up again. It just is, and I've no reason to hide it. For instance, I have a partner who also plays games, and we often play together and join groups together. There's just no getting around the subject, ultimately. It's an important aspect of my life and who I am. If anyone pays much attention to the gaming community, you can notice pretty quickly that there's plenty of toxic bigoted people in it. So yes, I could spend my time hopping between gaming communities hoping that none of the strangers in these groups are gonna be a jerk/bigot, and that if/when someone does start being a jerk that the mods do something about it rather than shrug their shoulders and tell me I'm free to leave, starting the cycle all over again to finding a new gaming group. Or, I can just join an LGBTQ friendly one and not have to worry about any of that nonsense. I don't join guilds and gaming groups so that I can worry about homophobia, transphobia, and whether I'm gonna be called my correct pronouns or if someone is gonna spend my time there harassing or humiliating me. I join gaming groups to have fun with others. And having to deal with these things, as well as just having to worry about them, just isn't fun.