LGBT+ Gamers?

@TheRealMehndi said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

We're 50 members and growing!

what server?

Deleted lol

Over on Ship 2 here

Don't take it the wrong way,but I have never understood the point of asking for LGBTQ specific gaming friends. What does it change? Since when did sexual orientation mattered when it came to playing a game? Personally I couldn't care less what someone's political opinion,race or sexual orientation is,I just want to play a game with them.

@Morgothryuzaki said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

Don't take it the wrong way,but I have never understood the point of asking for LGBTQ specific gaming friends. What does it change? Since when did sexual orientation mattered when it came to playing a game? Personally I couldn't care less what someone's political opinion,race or sexual orientation is,I just want to play a game with them.

Wouldn't you want to be in an alliance with others that have similar views and interests? This is your answer.

@Rzarcasm Not really. I don't see what it changes at all. Not to mention that I love seeing other perspectives and all. The world is diverse and its what makes it great.

There is also another reason, even in 2020 there are those that discriminate (as a victim myself) and being yourself around others is still a hard thing. while there are those like yourself @Morgothryuzaki, there is also a ton of not so nice people.

@Oomykin I mean,I have a very specific stance on this whole topic,one that I will keep to myself to avoid useless debates and potential actual hate messages from god knows who. But I don't bear any ill will towards anyone. I don't know if I can consider myself 'nice',but yeah.. I get discrimination,this I do. But if we stop and get real for a minute,unless you are specifically stating that you belong to any kind of group,no one will know,right? Then again,I guess its like asking people to hide who they are,and that's a big no for sure.. I guess there will never be a fair ground on all this..

@Morgothryuzaki And thats why a group of people in a similar mental situation, to open up with and become "friends" not your normal PUG and go group, people you will have daily contact with and quite even possibly make actual friends with :3

@Oomykin Well,i guess that's the kind of thing that someone who hasn't been discriminated will never fully grasp the importance of.. That's fair.

@Morgothryuzaki I know this doesnt apply to everyone, but imagine having to always wounder, "that cool person i met today and we became friends" as time goes on you kinda find out more about eachother, and one day a line could be crossed, either political views, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, any of these can trigger that person and they can give you abuse for it. Yes you can report and mute, but it still happened.

@Oomykin Well,I have certain mental health issues and I guess that you can say I should 100% get what you mean,and to a certain degree,I do. But I also cannot give a fuck about anyone who tries that shit on me,regardless of how close we were. I have the ability to just stop caring at a moment's notice. I know not everyone is that way though..

@Morgothryuzaki Everyone has their own coping mechanisms, some work, some do not.

edit- Sorry to make the thread depressing ;-;

To get back on track here, its like, if you were really good at the game and you wanted a pro group of similar skilled players to "farm" content, then you would find a guild/fc/ally whos ideals and needs match your own.

@Oomykin said in LGBT+ Gamers?:

@Morgothryuzaki I know this doesnt apply to everyone, but imagine having to always wounder, "that cool person i met today and we became friends" as time goes on you kinda find out more about eachother, and one day a line could be crossed, either political views, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, any of these can trigger that person and they can give you abuse for it. Yes you can report and mute, but it still happened.

Honestly there is so many dumbf*** around where i live that i completely stopped caring about those things.

You could easily say that i got outbullied so much when i was young that i completely gave up to have friends and the only person that i have for friends are the persons that actually tried to befriend me and not the other way around.