PC release

I am happy that they FINALLY gave us a rough release date for the PC version. However, I am still very disappointed in the the lack of communication that lead up to it. They teased and jerked us around for how long with nothing but radio silence and vague oh its coming, then when its finally announced, its another month. That means another month's worth of time limited things we won't have access to, another month for the economy of the game to do whatever. After all of this, They had better at least give PC players a shot at earning and getting some of those items, like the photon halos, puyo mag skin, ect. After the lack of communication, they at least owe us that.

I guarantee you people will still be miffed about no steam release.

Its a little annoying yes, but that is something i can deal with, can play it on the windows 10 store and then when it comes to steam just swap to it. The only thing that has been getting me miffed is the lack of communication we had be getting from them, With all the playing coy responses and radio silence from them, you would have thought the PC version was right around the corner, NOT another month out.

Did they confirm it officially?

They did, at the very bottom of the Xbox official launch announcement, they put "Phantasy Star Online 2 in North America! Windows 10 players will not have to wait much longer, the game officially launches on the platform in late May 2020!"

The photon rings will be accessible through the player market.

Yea, but in an extremely limited number and at a massive price, that no PC players just starting out will be able to afford before someone else buys them and just resells them at an even higher price

@RynMuse said in PC release:

Yea, but in an extremely limited number and at a massive price, that no PC players just starting out will be able to afford before someone else buys them and just resells them at an even higher price

It sucks, but those items were to get people to test the servers for xbox and to see how xbox handles the game. The incentive certainly attracted a lot of players.

You never know im sure they will have some type of event were if you download it on P.C you get access to said items.

@GamerKillance said in PC release:

It sucks, but those items were to get people to test the servers for xbox and to see how xbox handles the game. The incentive certainly attracted a lot of players.

And if they don't add more servers for the PC version in late may, we'll have the CBT server congestion issue all over again.

Also don't forget there was that whole game pass mess up early on, so unless they completely removed every item from that the people that exploited it, that would already put a decent amount of inflation into the games economy. Also yes i know they got first dibs cause of all that, but it was an "incentive" to buy a console that is at the end of its lifespan and have to pay extra to play online with, so no thanks to that. It just feels incredibly disrespectful to the PC player base to have just been giving us the cold shoulder like they have been, when lets be 100% honest here, PC will most like be the larger player base.

Well, now that they gave us Some Info, I will stop requesting Stuff, and Will Patienly Wait for the Release, see you in Late May

This post is very confusing. PC got a month's heads up. Xbox found out this morning. So how is it lack of communication?

I called that the Xbox release was going to be done like DCUO was for Xbox lol

The lack of communication was everything else, you know what PC got before this, nothing but radio silence and the occasional copy paste of Spring 2020, along with a lot of Xbox players either being toxic or just telling PC to shut it. So I believe the we have just a bit of justification for being disappointed in their communication.

also a quick edit: lets not forget that the announcement for PC was buried at the very bottom of the launch announcement for Xbox instead of its own post to make it easy to see and clearly communicated.

@coldreactive said in PC release:

I guarantee you people will still be miffed about no steam release.

Already happened... subjectastra1.PNG subjectastra2.PNG subjectastra3.PNG

Also don't forget there was that whole game pass mess up early on, so unless they completely removed every item from that the people that exploited it, that would already put a decent amount of inflation into the games economy.

Don't they still have issues with duping?