PC version coming late May

@John-Paul-RAGE yes because SEGA doesn't sell anything for PSO2 NA /s

@LapisWave said in PC version coming late May:

Oh well, I guess you are never coming online then. Because just because it is coming for Steam doesn't necessarily mean it will fully be 100% Steam based launcher. It'll be 3rd party launcher like Origin/Uplay with their designated games even though you play it through Steam.

It'll direct you to Microsoft Store and ask you to register again and launch XBOX Console Launcher. So what you are rambling about is a bit ridiculous.

At the very least the XBox Live integration with Steam games is more seamless than Uplay, in other games that make use of XBox Live on Steam, instead of a launcher there's just a login popup for the very first login, afterwards that popup won't appear again unless the player manually unlinks the account.

The biggest advantage to a Steam release would be that downloading and updating the game would be handled by Steam instead of the MS store (I say this because there have been cases of the MS store having problems with downloading/updating large games).

@Ezodagrom

I'm 100% sure that the game will use the launcher they have been using for JP.

Updating the PC version of the game would presumably be handled by the PC version launcher, which has existed for years.

It's fine, it only deleted everyone's FFXIV install once.

@AlexOak said in PC version coming late May:

@Ezodagrom

I'm 100% sure that the game will use the launcher they have been using for JP.

And I'm pretty sure it won't, at least when it comes to downloading updates for the game. At most I could see a launcher still being used for changing the settings of the game.

@Ilúvatar said in PC version coming late May:

Updating the PC version of the game would presumably be handled by the PC version launcher, which has existed for years.

It's fine, it only deleted everyone's FFXIV install once.

I still would trust that over the MS store. xD

🎰 AHHHHHH I AM SO EXCITED I HAVE BEEN SAVING MY MONEY RECENTLY. THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!!!🎰

AH YES IT IS SO EXCITING

@Majinkhu said in PC version coming late May:

🎰 AHHHHHH I AM SO EXCITED I HAVE BEEN SAVING MY MONEY RECENTLY. THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!!!🎰

I may have to blow all of my Stimulus check (since I get SSDI, I'll be getting it eventually) on it, since I can't have more than 2000 USD in the bank, or else I get SSI taken from me.

@Ezodagrom

The biggest advantage to a Steam release would be that downloading and updating the game would be handled by Steam instead of the MS store (I say this because there have been cases of the MS store having problems with downloading/updating large games).

The Support Page and a few minor Manual references claims make references to the game launcher. Supposing a Steam release is planned down the line... it actually makes sense to have that launcher be doing its own updates as well like other MMOs as updates can take time to be approved... if updates are done using the game launcher it would simply be downloading the latest files from Sega's own update server across both MS Store and Steam version.

@Meta77 said in PC version coming late May:

Honestly not that far off a date

It's literally a month at best.

@ToyWarsKen said in PC version coming late May:

Well hell, since we are talking about other games lets talk about another one.

DCUO, DCUO stayed on PC and PS4 for years before it released to XB1. Plenty of strictly Xbox Owners wanted that game, but it never came until later. During the course of that wait, there was never the type of complaints as we see about PSO2. It would seem that some aren't used to being second fiddle.

If we're talking about other games let's talk about final fantasy 11 a game on ps2 still on PC and was on Xbox 360 that game was good times. While I love me some pso I think my 18 years on ff11 will ruin my expectations as I don't think Sega will match that game hell wow and 14 are jokes compared to 11

@Cardgrey7343 I agree, but FFII is another fantasy setting. I think the futuristic Sci-fi Anime style of this game attracts who it attracts. I honestly want there to more present day and futuristic style popular MMOs

What happened to all the naysayers that claimed this game wasn't going to release on PC, because you didn't get any date specific news even though they correctly maintained a SPRING 2020 release?

@ToyWarsKen it's not about the settings thou it's about that 🥕 you are not going to catch. Cause catching it means your done