PC version coming late May

@Scribblemonk said in PC version coming late May:

I sort of get why some people are upset over no steam release (i have steam), but its probably coming within a year. I plan on playing via Windows 10 next month regardless, so I'm pretty happy. My only question is if you need the Xbox Game Pass for PC or not, I have it, no worries there.. but if it's not needed, hooray for an incentive for those who don't mind using Micro$tore.

You won't need the Xbox Game Pass, but the extra monthly stuff won't be claimed most likely without it

@PhantasyStar369 said in PC version coming late May:

@Scribblemonk said in PC version coming late May:

I sort of get why some people are upset over no steam release (i have steam), but its probably coming within a year. I plan on playing via Windows 10 next month regardless, so I'm pretty happy. My only question is if you need the Xbox Game Pass for PC or not, I have it, no worries there.. but if it's not needed, hooray for an incentive for those who don't mind using Micro$tore.

You won't need the Xbox Game Pass, but the extra monthly stuff won't be claimed most likely without it

@Havox3 said in PC version coming late May:

I don't care as much about 2 month headstart and all the exclusive cosmetics, Dreamcast mag, a pirate hat and whatnot, but Microsoft Store is the dealbreaker for me. If it's not on Steam it's dead to me. Press F in chat.

Considering Steam was NEVER mentioned or listed on the site as coming to it you just going to miss out. If MS did it right you won't see it for a year on Steam much like FF7 isn't going to be on PC/Xbox for a year.

@PhantasyStar369 I played FF7 like 20 years ago. Next you'll tell me how sad I am because I won't see Saints Row 3 on Steam for half a year because of EGS exclusive deal. Oh woe is me how will I survive without those remasters. Please, are you unironically comparing single player titles that I can get on Steam years later at massive discounts, all patches and DLCs included, to online game where population numbers matter for group content? Please, I need to know if you're serious so I can laugh at you.

@Havox3 Dude.. have even SEEN FF7 remake?! Go to youtube, check it out... I swear if i wasn't pinching pennies thanks to COVID i would buy it. I played the original and I am damn impressed with the Remake.

@PhantasyStar369 I played FF7 like 20 years ago. Next you'll tell me how sad I am because I won't see Saints Row 3 on Steam for half a year because of EGS exclusive deal. Oh woe is me how will I survive without those remasters. Please, are you unironically comparing single player titles that I can get on Steam years later at massive discounts, all patches and DLCs included, to online game where population numbers matter for group content? Please, I need to know if you're serious so I can laugh at you.

Oh well, I guess you are never coming online then. Because just because it is coming for Steam doesn't necessarily mean it will fully be 100% Steam based launcher. It'll be 3rd party launcher like Origin/Uplay with their designated games even though you play it through Steam.

It'll direct you to Microsoft Store and ask you to register again and launch XBOX Console Launcher. So what you are rambling about is a bit ridiculous.

@Scribblemonk I am trying to find a decent PS4 deal to get it myself. Everywhere is outta stock and I don't want to ship it.

@Scribblemonk it's ok. Tifa's redesign looks a bit weird, tiny boobs and sports bra.

@Scribblemonk it's ok. Tifa's redesign looks a bit weird, tiny boobs and sports bra.

? She's perfectly fine and she's not flat. Stop making this all about social justice rant like you do in every thread.

Also why is this even heading to off topic when it is related to PC version?

You're obviously dense to not understand the point was exclusive deals are the reason it's not even mentioned of a Steam version. Microsoft still gets a 35% cut from the sales that will happen on Win10 PC version. Once it goes to Steam it would not get said cut. But it's cool you are one of those Steam snobs who won't use other launchers. I'll just block someone who is far below me in every way

@PhantasyStar369 said in PC version coming late May:

You're obviously dense to not understand the point was exclusive deals are the reason it's not even mentioned of a Steam version. Microsoft still gets a 35% cut from the sales that will happen on Win10 PC version. Once it goes to Steam it would not get said cut. But it's cool you are one of those Steam snobs who won't use other launchers. I'll just block someone who is far below me in every way

An example of steam incompatibility despite using the same login system for both the standalone and steam version comes in the form of Astellia Online. When you open up the steam version of the MMORPG, it requires you to MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT with the astellia website. This is not avoidable. If you already signed up on the Astellia website for an account, you can never use the steam version of the game, despite them using the same login system (an astellia website account) for both. There's no option/link on the steam version's launcher/etc. that allows you to "Login with Existing Account." (Keep in mind, Astellia is Buy to Play. You also have to buy it on steam before you can launch it, and get this issue.)

Some people want to avoid this issue. I'll be playing on the Microsoft Store version myself, because I'm not snob enough to let my desire for the steam version get in the way of me wanting to play PSO2.

Have you even looked at FF7. Though i would not buy the game for that reason Tifas chest is just as big as it was in the 90s and the game makes sure you notice it plently rofl. As for buying a ps4 for it unless you just want a ps4 id say just hold out a year. the ps4 version is only exclusive for a year. And as for the steam thing. I do not see the isssue with MS store. you do not need gold .

@LapisWave said in PC version coming late May:

Oh well, I guess you are never coming online then.

@Meta77 said in PC version coming late May:

And as for the steam thing. I do not see the isssue with MS store. you do not need gold .

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3398980/microsoft-xbox-one-exclusives-are-coming-to-steam.html

“As the creators of Windows, we have a unique responsibility to ensure we’re investing in experiences that benefit players everywhere, while respecting the PC community’s preference for an open, highly customizable platform. We’ve not always lived up to our aspiration of keeping gamers at the center of everything we do when it comes to the experience they’ve had on Windows…

Our intent is to make our Xbox Game Studios PC games available in multiple stores, including our own Microsoft Store on Windows, at their launch. We believe you should have choice in where you buy your PC games.”

-t Phil Spencer

TL;DR no Steam no sale

@Havox3 good thing it freebolded text

Well hell, since we are talking about other games lets talk about another one.

DCUO, DCUO stayed on PC and PS4 for years before it released to XB1. Plenty of strictly Xbox Owners wanted that game, but it never came until later. During the course of that wait, there was never the type of complaints as we see about PSO2. It would seem that some aren't used to being second fiddle.