PC version coming late May

Now maybe people will stop spamming their twitter on the pc date. Honestly not that far off a date. Though i guess theirs a press release they have not posted yet https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2020/04/15/phantasy-star-online-2-is-live-on-xbox-one-pc-coming-late-may

So 2 months headstart for xbox :D.

Well, Until we get a Official Statement, I would take that with doubt.

@LFSkyden said in PC version coming late May:

Well, Until we get a Official Statement, I would take that with doubt.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/xboxonelaunch

At the very bottom it says that the Windows 10 version is coming late May.

Where did they say late May?

@ToyWarsKen said in PC version coming late May:

Where did they say late May?

alt text

That's pretty... idk, bad that we don't find out we are in official launch until after we log in after maintenance.

Thought there would be more fanfare or something, maybe a celebratory boost week and awesome campaigns. Buuuut we get the half-doll log in bonus.

Maybe an official roadmap should come out since the game is officially launched? I hope SEGA steps up the things allowed to be communicated, cause the beta excuse is gone now.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC version coming late May:

I hope SEGA steps up the things allowed to be communicated, cause the beta excuse is gone now.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1897/pso2-jp-dev-team-announcement-about-coronavirus-and-what-it-could-mean-for-na?page=1

They can't really do anything until this is over with.

@coldreactive hasn't been stated that our progression in impacted by it exclusively yet, but documentation like a roadmap doesn't require working in an office.

@coldreactive hasn't been stated that our progression in impacted by it exclusively yet, but documentation like a roadmap doesn't require working in an office.

It would still require dates that they likely can't keep to if they don't have regular meetings that are not held remotely for security reasons.

I don't care as much about 2 month headstart and all the exclusive cosmetics, Dreamcast mag, a pirate hat and whatnot, but Microsoft Store is the dealbreaker for me. If it's not on Steam it's dead to me. Press F in chat.

@Ragnawind the roadmap doesn't have to include specific dates, much like JPs it provides what time of year (like winter, fall, how they did PC release).

If discussing timelines are too sensitive for remote meetings, I think about 95% of America is compromised right now, to include the Department of Defense.

That's pretty... idk, bad that we don't find out we are in official launch until after we log in after maintenance.

Thought there would be more fanfare or something, maybe a celebratory boost week and awesome campaigns. Buuuut we get the half-doll log in bonus.

Maybe an official roadmap should come out since the game is officially launched? I hope SEGA steps up the things allowed to be communicated, cause the beta excuse is gone now.

I agree with this. Some heads up and some fanfare would have been nice.

I sort of get why some people are upset over no steam release (i have steam), but its probably coming within a year. I plan on playing via Windows 10 next month regardless, so I'm pretty happy. My only question is if you need the Xbox Game Pass for PC or not, I have it, no worries there.. but if it's not needed, hooray for an incentive for those who don't mind using Micro$tore.

@Scribblemonk said in PC version coming late May:

I sort of get why some people are upset over no steam release (i have steam), but its probably coming within a year. I plan on playing via Windows 10 next month regardless, so I'm pretty happy. My only question is if you need the Xbox Game Pass for PC or not, I have it, no worries there.. but if it's not needed, hooray for an incentive for those who don't mind using Micro$tore.

You won't need Game Pass or XBOX Live Gold for the Windows 10 version. Live Gold is required exclusively for XBOX, not PC, and nothing except stuff like perks are exclusive to Game Pass, games themselves are not.