PC version on Microsoft Store?

@Ragnawind said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

the only way to guarantee Windows 10 first is to have it solely release on Microsoft Store

Why?

@Subject-Astra all Xbox games that are also available on the computer are only through Windows 10, the Microsoft store.

As many others have said, PSO2 is compatible with Windows 8 in terms of it being an independent client. Seems the first PC release is an extension of Microsoft's arrangement.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

all Xbox games

PSO2 is not an Xbox game however, it's been on PC for around 10 years, as well as PSVita, Switch and PS4, so that excuse flies out the window faster than you can say "Phil Swift here with Flex Seal"

@Subject-Astra said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Didn't they say it was on Steam or were we the ones who assumed that? Because it sounds incredibly stupid to put it on the Microsoft Store when they KNOW doing that will hurt the game's PC release.

Yeah, it WAS supposed to come out on Steam. What the heck happened then? https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/eyqxu0/phantasy_star_online_2_coming_to_steam/

The manual site previously leaked was an error from what I know and was taken down ASAP once it came into discussion.

If it does come to Steam, it'll probably redirect to XBOX Live (Microsoft Store) and ask you to use XBOX Console Launcher like every other third party MMORPG using their site and launcher even though it's attached to Steam.

So yes. I am assuming people will have to pay XBOX Live Gold or none at all - in which case I have not faced this yet when I played Forza Horizon 3 and 4 and Motorsport 7 against other online players through PC (I did not sub to XBOX Live Gold btw)

@Subject-Astra we all know how much b/s game companies engage in. im sure in their heads "exclusive to north america" means "exclusive".

we also DONT have confirmation of a steam release officially, only evidence of one.

without the people writing these articles showing actual sources they can all be treated with a grain of salt. hopefully the quickly dwindling population motivates them to release sooner rather than later.

@LapisWave said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

@Subject-Astra said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Didn't they say it was on Steam or were we the ones who assumed that? Because it sounds incredibly stupid to put it on the Microsoft Store when they KNOW doing that will hurt the game's PC release.

Yeah, it WAS supposed to come out on Steam. What the heck happened then? https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/eyqxu0/phantasy_star_online_2_coming_to_steam/

The manual site previously leaked was an error from what I know and was taken down ASAP once it came into discussion.

If it does come to Steam, it'll probably redirect to XBOX Live (Microsoft Store) and ask you to use XBOX Console Launcher like every other third party MMORPG using their site and launcher even though it's attached to Steam.

So yes. I am assuming people will have to pay XBOX Live Gold or none at all - in which case I have not faced this yet when I played Forza Horizon 3 and 4 and Motorsport 7 against other online players through PC (I did not sub to XBOX Live Gold btw)

There are games with XBox Live integration on Steam already, those games only ask the player to login to XBox Live (the login is made through a popup).

Anyway, one of the biggest problem users have with the MS store is that it sometimes fails to even download or update games, and in a Steam release the downloads and updates would be handled by Steam itself.

On another note, Microsoft Store games don't require Gold for online multiplayer.

@Subject-Astra ....right now, it IS an Xbox game. In North America, currently, this is a Microsoft game.

You can make up whatever fantasies you want based on the JP version, but at the end of the day it is still just a fantasy.

Until the game has been announced to be released outside of the Microsoft environment, it will continue to be an Xbox/Microsoft game.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

You can make up whatever fantasies you want based on the JP version, but at the end of the day it is still just a fantasy.

You're saying that when it was already leaked that it should be on Steam and the game already existed in multiple platforms? It seems I'm not the one stuck in a fantasy, get over yourself.

@Subject-Astra are you able to play it on Steam?

Can you jump on your PS4 and download the NA version and play?

Has the NA team said when it is coming to Steam? Or any of the other platforms?

All they have said is regarding "PC release" and the website clearly shows Windows 10. Why would Microsoft and Xbox figures promote the game if it were going to be available outside of their premium service so soon?

And your argument about it being on other platforms in JP flies right out the "Windows" (mwahahaha pun) when considering the fact that PSO2 is not on Xbox in JP. Should at least hint that our game is different (even if you ignore all the other differences).

No he is right. Just cause some gave themselves a fever dream thinking it was going to be on steam when it saves windows 10 at the bottom of this very page. And many times games that launch on one system in japan or another region and switch platforms. Its not unheard of .

@Meta77 said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Just cause some gave themselves a fever dream thinking it was going to be on steam when it saves windows 10 at the bottom of this very page.

So uhh, gonna ignore that we flatout saw it was going to be on Steam before they removed it?

Of course you'll ignore that, it doesn't fit your mentality of "it was a fever dream". Already it's obvious that the PSO2 forums are going to be filled with idiocy.

It does not happen often, but i agree with John Paul RAGE.

The NA version is clearly an XBOX/Microsoft exclusive.

Yes, this exclusivity may and will probably be timed, and as many people mention, the game will probably end up on steam once the community starts dwindling, because that is what every free2play MMO does, go to Steam for a last milking before death.

But at the moment, as we speak, in this point in time, it is a Microsoft/Xbox exclusive, and that is a fact.

Also, if the PC release is seriously "Late May" ...... no comment.

@IfrianMMO

We did it! We found our common ground!

🤝

They're just releasing it with no beta or anything of that nature? That's a first for PC MMO's even localized MMO's.

Can't wait for the crap show at launch. Maybe they've been doing all this to do something similar to The Producers where it will fail and they can close shop early and make more money than if it had actually succeeded?

@ThisTuesday when looking at how Microsoft Studio games tend to go, it fits.

Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 did their beta on Xbox and then released it on the Windows store later.

The main issues that came those were updates (Microsoft store would sometimes reinstall the whole game instead of updating) and anti-cheat. The games themselves didn't have any issues.