PC version on Microsoft Store?

@Mattwo7 said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Minecraft servers can't hold half as many people as a MMO can.

The only wild exception being Hypixel's servers, which are nearly MMO capable. But they perfected channels, and multi-server linking that MMOs do. They still do lag more than most MMOs, but Java isn't an optimized language for that sort of thing. Despite Runescape using Java originally.

Also, the Windows 10 version of Minecraft doesn't use Java, it uses C / C+ / C#

@Ezodagrom said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

@Ragnawind said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

There are indeed MMOs on Windows 10 Store, but not many that I know of. A few examples include:

World of Warships
World of Tanks Blitz
School of Dragons
Dungeon Hunter Champions
Lords and Knights
Roblox
Minecraft

Most aren't the typical ones from the usual developers of MMOs that most people know about, though.

But, do they use their own launchers to handle their updates or are those handled by the MS store?

Most do, yes, but they are contained within the game, rather than separate from the game. For example, with School of Dragons, it launches in full screen to a launcher where it starts downloading data and you can log-in from there before going to the actual game. I think the "World of" games do also.

Most do, yes, but they are contained within the game, rather than separate from the game. For example, with School of Dragons, it launches in full screen to a launcher where it starts downloading data and you can log-in from there before going to the actual game. I think the "World of" games do also.

Hmm, I see. I guess we'll see how PSO2 will handle it next month.

@ThisTuesday said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Sega's official tweet that PSO2 is now LAUNCHED in US and Canada... Kinda thought Xbox and PC were supposed to launch at the same time. Ain't that a kick in rear. "It's just a beta they need the beta we'll be getting it at launch" Or over a month after after a 2 month exclusive period.

No beta rewards No login bonuses Exclusive Xbox Pass perks on top of the premium perks The sheer amount of disrespect and contempt shown for PC players is amazing. Not even going to hold a beta or stress test just throw shit in the wind and pray it sticks.

8 year wait for this bs and to get this trash treatment. I think Sega can go to hell I'm going to find something else. Actually mad

I do not think it is a matter of disrespect or contempt as much as incompetence and poor planning coupled with hopes of console sales and initial XBOX profits backfiring as the COVID pandemic made communication, progress and development slower or halted.

Most do, yes, but they are contained within the game, rather than separate from the game. For example, with School of Dragons, it launches in full screen to a launcher where it starts downloading data

SoD is a mobile app, apps are updated independently of the stuff you download on those screens. Same with Dungeon Hunter Champions, Minecraft for Windows 10 and Lords and Knights

A lot of people on PC are giving up on this NA version now. A lot of new players on the JP servers.

I have noticed alot of new ppl on JP myself.

This will be my first time downloading a game on the Microsoft store. I want to try and load my character creation data from JP onto NA. I couldn't get it to work on Xbox so hopefully it'll work here.

@redPG said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

This will be my first time downloading a game on the Microsoft store. I want to try and load my character creation data from JP onto NA. I couldn't get it to work on Xbox so hopefully it'll work here.

it will spit out an error if the height slider isn't in the appropriate range I believe. So you'd have to change at least that. My character is tallest size in JP, which is beyond the maximum tall size for NA.

@coldreactive said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

@redPG said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

it will spit out an error if the height slider isn't in the appropriate range I believe. So you'd have to change at least that. My character is tallest size in JP, which is beyond the maximum tall size for NA.

My character height is only 180 so hopefully it will work.

could i download/install to my desktop pc(windows 10) then copy/paste the setup file or game folders etc. to my laptop (windows8.1)? or would i really have to upgrade my laptop to 10 ...zzz

@Shmayken said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

could i download/install to my desktop pc(windows 10) then copy/paste the setup file or game folders etc. to my laptop (windows8.1)? or would i really have to upgrade my laptop to 10 ...zzz

I'm pretty sure it'll be in the inaccessible WindowsApps folder: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/2014/windows-7-version/8

And it'll probably check what version of the RuntimeBroker (The Windows tile system) you have, and probably won't run on Windows 8.

You'll have to wait and see if a steam version comes out.

@coldreactive said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

I'm pretty sure it'll be in the inaccessible WindowsApps folder: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/2014/windows-7-version/8

And it'll probably check what version of the RuntimeBroker (The Windows tile system) you have, and probably won't run on Windows 8.

You'll have to wait and see if a steam version comes out.

OK so lets say i do this, try it, doesnt work, dam, could i just upgrade to windows 10 then? without having to reinstall the game? or i am i going to have to run it from the MS store?

@Shmayken it 100% won't work and isn't worth even trying.

Just install Windows 10 on a separate partition or harddrive and boot it only when you want to play PSO2, then reboot into Win8 for everything else.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

isn't worth even trying.

Hah, what a defeatist attitude, inb4 a user mod allows playing PSO2 PC version on Windows XP, 7 and 8 next day after the release.

@Havox3 said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

isn't worth even trying.

Hah, what a defeatist attitude, inb4 a user mod allows playing PSO2 PC version on Windows XP, 7 and 8 next day after the release.

I'd like to see you try before laughing about it.