PC version on Microsoft Store?

@IfrianMMO Well this might be a little different I imagine. Since xbox runs a stripped down "special" version of windows 10 for the OS it might be that the vast majority of beta testing on the xbox is almost 1:1 for the OS side of things making a PC beta not needed so much in that regard? That being said assuming different hardware config optimizations can be transferred from the JP version to ours with minimal issues the only thing I could see in dire need of testing are the servers.

I think they should do a stress test for the servers before release because we can all agree that any mmo can stress and beta test as much as they want but no one is prepared for day 1 traffic let alone the first few weeks. Not having at the very least a stress test might be a mistake but who knows. they might be doing something internal that we aren't aware of leading them to think that PC testing is unnecessary? I still think its a mistake if that is the case but eh, we'll see.

I don't see it as a big deal. Microsoft store is already installed into every windows PC unlike steam. Can literally just up and download it.

Don't know why some people are freaking out about it not being on steam. Doesn't seem like Mac users are getting screwed either.

@GamerKillance said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

I don't see it as a big deal. Microsoft store is already installed into every windows PC unlike steam. Can literally just up and download it.

Don't know why some people are freaking out about it not being on steam. Doesn't seem like Mac users are getting screwed either.

The Microsoft Store is more likely to have issues with downloading/installing/updating games (especially large games) than other stores. Not everyone runs into issues of course, but it has happened enough for the store to gain a bad reputation.

@Rantious said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

@GM-Deynger @gm-rappie thoughts? n-n

Would you still like our thoughts? 😉

Concerning updates, most evidence points to the MS Store being nothing more than a distribution platform for the game launcher and base game. While the launcher was something I saw coming a long way due to certain settings being tied to it (and the Support page and Manual making references to it), if the launcher's also used for patch updates like in JP (and like other MMOs on Steam and MS Store) then I don't really see the issue with PSO2 on MS Store...

@Ezodagrom

@Leonkh99 said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Concerning updates, most evidence points to the MS Store being nothing more than a distribution platform for the game launcher and base game. While the launcher was something I saw coming a long way due to certain settings being tied to it (and the Support page and Manual making references to it), if the launcher's also used for patch updates like in JP (and like other MMOs on Steam and MS Store) then I don't really see the issue with PSO2 on MS Store...

@Ezodagrom

Are there other MMOs on the MS store though? I can't think of any.

I also don't know of any games that use their own launchers for handling updates there (though I don't really use it for anything other than small apps, and I even had problems with those in the past). As far as I know, every games launched on the MS store are encrypted and stored in a folder that the user doesn't have easy access to (users get a permission denied warning when trying to access the folder where MS store apps are stored), so I wonder if an external launcher could handle updates for a game there.

@Ezodagrom said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

@Ezodagrom

I also don't know of any games that use their own launchers for handling updates there (though I don't really use it for anything other than small apps, and I even had problems with those in the past). As far as I know, every games launched on the MS store are encrypted and stored in a folder that the user doesn't have easy access to (users get a permission denied warning when trying to access the folder where MS store apps are stored), so I wonder if an external launcher could handle updates for a game there.

There are indeed MMOs on Windows 10 Store, but not many that I know of. A few examples include:

World of Warships
World of Tanks Blitz
School of Dragons
Dungeon Hunter Champions
Lords and Knights
Roblox
Minecraft

Most aren't the typical ones from the usual developers of MMOs that most people know about, though.

@Ezodagrom said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

ROBLOX.

@Ragnawind said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Minecraft

Since when was Minecraft classified as an MMO? Minecraft and Roblox are just online sandboxes aren't they? I mean sure you can use them to MAKE MMOs, just as much as you can use Garry's Mod to make games. Minecraft servers can't hold half as many people as a MMO can. I mean PSO2 has several thousands of people on just four shards doesn't it? (though honestly I have no clue how many physical game servers its running on)

Edit: Also I just checked and Dungeon Hunter Champions is a MOBA. That's completely different from an MMO

I'm grateful for a PC launch date finally, but IF this requires a Gold subscription i'm not playing this shit, That's not free to play. This is a pandemic i don't have money to blow left and right on needless things i'd rather buy an AC scratch if i "had" to pay for something or PSO2 premium. It's disappointing to see it's not going to steam like it was originally shown on the Dev page. I only hope it does not require gold to play, that's my only issue. It's just sad to see it's not releasing on steam as well as that will cause PSO2 to miss out on players who've never heard of PSO2 before, would have been a nice experience to see a ton of people who were entirely new to PSO's existence.

Xbox Live Gold is only needed for playing online on Xbox One, NOT PC/Windows 10. @PA-Naterion

Also the exclusivity to the MS Store might just be a timed exclusivity...

Xbox Live Gold is only needed for playing online on Xbox One, NOT PC/Windows 10. @PA-Naterion

Great, then i'll be playing 👍

Ms has a lot of mmos on it. Blessed, tera, I want to say black desert

@Ragnawind said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

There are indeed MMOs on Windows 10 Store, but not many that I know of. A few examples include:

World of Warships
World of Tanks Blitz
School of Dragons
Dungeon Hunter Champions
Lords and Knights
Roblox
Minecraft

Most aren't the typical ones from the usual developers of MMOs that most people know about, though.

But, do they use their own launchers to handle their updates or are those handled by the MS store?

@Meta77 said in PC version on Microsoft Store?:

Ms has a lot of mmos on it. Blessed, tera, I want to say black desert

I can't see any of those on the MS Store for PC. So I guess they're either region locked or XBox only.

Sega's official tweet that PSO2 is now LAUNCHED in US and Canada... Kinda thought Xbox and PC were supposed to launch at the same time. Ain't that a kick in rear. "It's just a beta they need the beta we'll be getting it at launch" Or over a month after after a 2 month exclusive period.

No beta rewards No login bonuses Exclusive Xbox Pass perks on top of the premium perks The sheer amount of disrespect and contempt shown for PC players is amazing. Not even going to hold a beta or stress test just throw shit in the wind and pray it sticks.

8 year wait for this bs and to get this trash treatment. I think Sega can go to hell I'm going to find something else. Actually mad