New urgent quest last boss fight

@Raburesu what ship are you on?

@John-Paul-RAGE I play on ship 1 at the moment. ^^ I heard rpers plan to be on ship 4 on some sites, so when that opens I may look into getting at least a character there.

@Raburesu ah, I was asking cause I am on Ship 2 and am saving triggers to help people out. Maybe you can find a trigger party when you are on!

does anyone know if luther can drop any of the pets other than viola as a 12star? I just pulled 12 star viola upon completion but I'd rather wait than inverst resources into a sort of redundant pet that gets outdone by the others. plus Having only 25 slots makes me have to pick and choose which pets to use and viola just isn't making that cut unfortunately. She's awesome though, but if I could get a popple or aero or jinga or marron as a 12* I'd much rather go for them. (would've included redran but hes not even available as a 9* as of this moment.) (I'm still carrying 2 of him.) Also I don't even know how to get my hands on a shinkuro or rappy so I'm not going to worry about them being in the equation either. someone please let me know if you've pulled a 12* of any other pet

@BiggethBONE so to go along with this I just hatched/appraised a 10* viola egg... is it just viola? can this be done for other pets? has anyone seen or heard anything about this, please let me know.

alt text

So this is what I made for those who are confused about Luther UQ SH fight.

This is best way to approach this boss, because there will be those who are not DPS required and jumping the gun at it.

Others have approached me about my strategy that they disagree, and should go straightforward to the clock. I disagree ONLY if your MPA is full of non lvl 75s with required gears or damage that meets to the pool to open that clock.

Going straight at clock even with Blight can go 100% wrong if rest of the party members can't meet the DPS. That clock tries to open it, but if DPS is low, it'll close back and Luther will teleport away to reset it. So do not skip to Clock if you know your MPA can't handle it.

The easiest way to DPS for the non-geared folks is to try and break arm parts during first phase and expose his shoulder wounds and burning it down. Be sure to focus on one side, which in default everyone tends to go right. I used to go left when I was in JP server. I'll let you decide on that.

When shoulder bursts and he drops his neck down, some people did say to ignore the neck because it'll take longer time - it will NOT take longer time. He is stunned, and unable to move, and exposed. That's your opener.

If he is not stunned and not exposed, yes. It's waste of time. But doing this strat has made it fast and simple for those who are lost on the fight.

@LapisWave The only thing I see that you forgot here is to mention that the Clock opens when the Blind status effect procs (such as from using Wind Techs), not just from dealing damage to it, and it can only be opened 3 times. I imagine most accidental openings of it come from Jet Boots using Surging Gale since its shift-version casts Zanverse, which can proc Blind with every hit from people inside its field.

@AndrlCh said in New urgent quest last boss fight:

@LapisWave The only thing I see that you forgot here is to mention that the Clock opens when the Blind status effect procs (such as from using Wind Techs), not just from dealing damage to it, and it can only be opened 3 times. I imagine most accidental openings of it come from Jet Boots using Surging Gale since its shift-version casts Zanverse, which can proc Blind with every hit from people inside its field.

I just mentioned that on my forum post.

I did mention that clock open only if DPS is met. It doesnt matter how much blight round and zanverse you use, if your dps from your MPA cant open the clock.

If dps is weak, the clock just doesnt open at all or it closes back itself and Luther teleports away to reset his position

@LapisWave Not Blight Rounds. Blind, the status effect. Simply using a single Wind Tech can open the clock in the first few seconds if it procs. Trust me on this, I've fought Luther since his first appearance on the JPN servers, I remember when everyone would affix Mirage/Blind onto the TMGs we got from the Burning Rangers UQ just to be able to open that clock super fast. In fact, because opening his clock in the first few seconds with a barrage of Mirage was such a common tactic, SEGA trolled everyone when the XH version of the fight was released so that even if you break the clock, it has a barrier over the weakspot until you break both arms.

@AndrlCh yeah, I had a pair of Blind V last night and tried to blind him myself since the Force users wouldn't listen to me and use wind techs. Never opened it.

@John-Paul-RAGE Yep, it's all about increasing the number of chances for Blind to proc. Sazon is honestly the best way to get it open since it does 3 hits without even needing to charge it, so it can just be quickly spammed until Blind procs; a single person with Blind on their Weapon is hard pressed to get that many proc chances in.

Oh, also, just something to note, for Abilities a higher tier of Status Effects does not increase the proc chance, just the duration on normal enemies, so for Luther Blind I is just as effective as Blind V.

@AndrlCh lame. Wonder if Blind Shot for the launcher is effective.

On a side note, it seems like my ultra rare Rabbit Wand is perfect for senor Luther's demise! Bwahahaha

@John-Paul-RAGE It should be since if I recall it has a very high chance to proc, but it may not be worth the SP investment since it is really only for a single boss.

@AndrlCh true, I have 2 left over SP and havent used my skill reset to fix my subclass though, so I could probably put the 2 points in for now and just fix my subclasses after the next UQ on April 28th.

@LapisWave Hero and Bouncer both have PAs that can launch themselves at his head (in fact this is one of my favorite strategies while playing as hero) and tailsmans and several techs (including at least one of the light ones) can reach it too, why is it Ranger and Gunner only?