Official Service Started?

When you log in it say official service has started. The site and twitter don't mention it though. c840ed1f-fd90-4b84-9b8e-b54c45606a2d-image.png ![alt text](image url)

PC users missed out on the first mission pass season too. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Almost immediately after I sent a tweet to them about the message, they sent this: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1250301621445070848

alt text

I was just about to post this. But I went on to get dusted up by Luther.

Does this mean the "PC WHEN" memes will end?

@Aster-Larkspur said in Official Service Started?:

Does this mean the "PC WHEN" memes will end?

Only if PC version releases.

@Aster-Larkspur as long as "COMING SOON" is still on the front page, you are going to get "PC WHEN?!" comments ... so no ... sorry ... you are going to still experience those posts.

I'm a PC guy but I want to point out to people, the only thing mentioned on the twitter headline is "Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2), one of Japan’s biggest online RPGs, is coming to North America on Xbox One in Spring 2020." ... no mention of PC .. so you might as well give it up lads ... Just count it as a XBOX exclusive until further notice.

I have already given up and am just playing on JP for now. With the current climate they probably won't be able to push for a release until summer ... due to COVID they have had to cut back development for now. XBOX should have a big enough player base they won't need us for a while, many players have echoed this here and on twitter, so just take a hint. Also it seems they didn't get a huge content update anyway ... trust me ... waiting isn't going to hurt right now.

~peace~

Still no Ship Transfer and they are still just 3 ships. So hopefully the information tomorrow will address this.

@ToyWarsKen said in Official Service Started?:

Still no Ship Transfer and they are still just 3 ships. So hopefully the information tomorrow will address this.

Hopefully, because if/when PC version releases, 3 ships will not be enough. (Nor 4-5.)

Hopefully that isn't the end of "open beta" message, cause if it is.. that's gotta be the most under hyped "yay we are done with beta" message, event, celebration I ever did see.

@coldreactive said in Official Service Started?:

@ToyWarsKen said in Official Service Started?:

Hopefully, because if/when PC version releases, 3 ships will not be enough. (Nor 4-5.)

Yeah of course. I don't think they have those ships there for nothing, I am just wondering how official everything is right now.

@Scribblemonk said in Official Service Started?:

XBOX should have a big enough player base they won't need us for a while

A couple players have already stopped because they've gotten everything to max level iirc.

A couple players have already stopped because they've gotten everything to max level iirc.

"a couple"?! try "the majority". they are failing because they arent showing off what the game actually has to offer which doesnt motivate people to continue playing. no crafting, AWFUL UQ's, no fourth suggested mission (also no bonus levels), the 300%/400% drop boosters most people are convinced do absolutely nothing, and very little reason to realistically pimp gear out because most affixes and indeed gear itself isnt in the game. people could only grind AQ's so much before it became tedious and painful! a bit over 3 dozen people started with me on day 1 of open beta, 2 of us remain. theres no classes left for me to max, its not like i can realistically grind for gear (if a 13 star does drop its usually a spear or gun blade..) and they still have the starter collection folders up (ooh 8* trash that will be obsolete by the time you finish the folder), i dont need money, and fashion alone will NOT sustain this game. they also decided to slap everyone in the face who paid to redo their skill tree today by handing out reset sheets FOR NO REASON!

to be honest ill be surprised if there IS a NA PC release at this point. i would say they have lost 85% of their players from the first week of open beta.

its kind of like i wasted 700$ (so far) because i could just as easily have stayed on JP and had twice the fun.

Do you have any specific data to back that up, or is just speculation based on your personal views?

@MEGAF1UX said in Official Service Started?:

"a couple"?! try "the majority". they are failing because they arent showing off what the game actually has to offer which doesnt motivate people to continue playing. no crafting, AWFUL UQ's, no fourth suggested mission (also no bonus levels), the 300%/400% drop boosters most people are convinced do absolutely nothing, and very little reason to realistically pimp gear out because most affixes and indeed gear itself isnt in the game. people could only grind AQ's so much before it became tedious and painful! a bit over 3 dozen people started with me on day 1 of open beta, 2 of us remain. theres no classes left for me to max, its not like i can realistically grind for gear (if a 13 star does drop its usually a spear or gun blade..) and they still have the starter collection folders up (ooh 8* trash that will be obsolete by the time you finish the folder), i dont need money, and fashion alone will NOT sustain this game. they also decided to slap everyone in the face who paid to redo their skill tree today by handing out reset sheets FOR NO REASON!

to be honest ill be surprised if there IS a NA PC release at this point. i would say they have lost 85% of their players from the first week of open beta.

its kind of like i wasted 700$ (so far) because i could just as easily have stayed on JP and had twice the fun.

You're kind of the outlier, man. Most people aren't going to be playing the game as hard or as fast as you; and while I wholeheartedly agree that they're doing a pretty poor job repping the content (I don't know a single person who wasn't actively tired of Elder before this maint and it'll be the same with luthor, and based on this pattern they'll do the same to TD and then PD) - the average person is still leveling their first or second class. Let alone having all of them maxed; and you can't base a game solely around appealing to that hardcore 1% of players who play literally non-stop in the most optimal ways because there's literally no way to keep that kind of player wholly satisfied for long.

Then there's the fact that you use language like calling free skill passes a "slap in the face" because you paid for one. Aside from the fact that everyone and their mother had predicted free skill passes: buying a skill tree reset was a choice of yours. It's incredibly myopic to act like other people being given scraps is an insult because you ate a meal. It's not like you were specifically excluded from the free skill reset pass because you previously paid for a reset.

And if you feel like you wasted seven hundred dollars on this game, then maybe you shouldn't have spent seven hundred dollars on an open beta of an eight year old MMO? I don't know what you expected. But even in JP the game isn't exactly pay to win so talking about how much money you spend and getting upset that literally everyone is being given free stuff isn't going to win you any favors.

@Nuebot said in Official Service Started?:

@MEGAF1UX said in Official Service Started?:

You're kind of the outlier, man. Most people aren't going to be playing the game as hard or as fast as you; and while I wholeheartedly agree that they're doing a pretty poor job repping the content (I don't know a single person who wasn't actively tired of Elder before this maint and it'll be the same with luthor, and based on this pattern they'll do the same to TD and then PD) - the average person is still leveling their first or second class. Let alone having all of them maxed; and you can't base a game solely around appealing to that hardcore 1% of players who play literally non-stop in the most optimal ways because there's literally no way to keep that kind of player wholly satisfied for long.

Then there's the fact that you use language like calling free skill passes a "slap in the face" because you paid for one. Aside from the fact that everyone and their mother had predicted free skill passes: buying a skill tree reset was a choice of yours. It's incredibly myopic to act like other people being given scraps is an insult because you ate a meal. It's not like you were specifically excluded from the free skill reset pass because you previously paid for a reset.

And if you feel like you wasted seven hundred dollars on this game, then maybe you shouldn't have spent seven hundred dollars on an open beta of an eight year old MMO? I don't know what you expected. But even in JP the game isn't exactly pay to win so talking about how much money you spend and getting upset that literally everyone is being given free stuff isn't going to win you any favors.

slow down there cowboy, i never bought ANY resets, i bought ONE "additional" tree because i wanted to have hunter as both sub and main. i dont expect them to make content for people like me, infact no company ever has been able to push out content faster than i can destroy it so i certainly wouldnt expect sega to do it. however it took a bit over a week for CASUALS to hit level cap and start flooding the market with their finds, a week later they got bored and left. the phrase "slap in the face" was actually use by someone in my alliance, i would personally much rather people had to LEARN from their mistakes. usually theres a REASON resets are given out, there was no REASON for this aside from "people are dumb". it IS a slap in the face though, and i understand the frustration EVERYONE who paid for one must feel (i warned EVERYONE i play with NOT to fk up their skill points or they would have to pay).

i spent the money to support the game... this feels like giving $ to a stripper to later find out shes a dude, because they arent supporting their own game properly. i only brought it up because of colds signature.

shall we also talk about offering people 50% boosters to resub for 30-90 days? i wipe my rear end with 50% tri boosters! thats not motivation to resub! they should have added CONTENT if they wanted people to pay for more time in game, not given the crappiest consolation prize they could.